Chapter Four

Once Upon an Autumn Love Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

─Chapter Four;

~ Four Years Later~

 

The wind blew a few leaves up and through the wind which landed down in front of a now eight year old Ae Young. She didn’t seem to notice though for her attention was on the book she was reading in her lap.

“Hey! Young!” a boy’s voice called from afar.

Ae Young didn’t seem to notice that her name was being called as she continued to read.

“Young!” the boy yelled as he came running towards her. He came to a stop in front of her with his hands on his knees as he panted for air.

“Y-yah! Ae Young!” he yelled at her as she still didn’t seem to notice he was there.

“What?” Ae Young asked her eyes not moving from the book.

“H-howon!” the boy said in short breaths.
Ae Young looked up at him and asked in a concerned voice, “What about him?”

“Main hall!” the boy replied still out of breath.

Ae Young quickly stood onto her feet and handed the boy her book before she took off and ran to the main hall.

 

When Ae Young walked into the main hall she spotted Howon by Mrs. Heo’s desk. Next to him stood a man in a black business suit and next to him Ae Young could make out a lady in a light pink business outfit. Howon was looking at the ground as the man talked to Mrs. Heo.

“O-oppa,” Ae Young said hesitantly as she slowly walked in.

Howon looked up and turned his head quickly to look at her, his eyes red and watery. The man, lady and Mrs. Heo all turned their heads and looked at her.

“Youngie,” Howon said in a slightly raspy voice as he forced a small smile trying his best not to show his tears to her.

 

 

~Flashback one week earlier~

Howon and Ae Young were sitting together on their bench looking at Ae Young’s notebook like they usually were after classes. The wind blew softly rattling the fallen leaves on the ground.

“Howon!” a boy’s voiced called from a far.

Howon and Ae Young looked up seeing one of their classmates running towards them.

“Yes, Junhyung?” Howon asked as Ae Young closed her notebook.

“M-mrs. Heo wants to see you,” Junhyung panted out of breath.

“Why?” Howon asked as he stood up.

“Don’t know. She just told me to come ge

Please log in to read the full chapter