Chapter Six

Once Upon an Autumn Love Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

─Chapter Six;

 

12 Years Later

A young adult girl could be seen rushing in and out of a restaurant as she carried her tray of drinks to costumers waiting at the various tables outside on the sunny day and warm day. She had her jet black hair tied up tightly into a bun on the top of her head and a blue and white apron tied around her waist. She quickly set the cups of water down on a table and bowed before she hurried back inside trying to untie the apron from her waist.

“Yah! Ae Young!” a stern female voice could be heard from the kitchen.

“Yes?” the girl asked as she quickly rushed to the open window that lead to the kitchen.

“We have a delivery,” the angry looking female cook said as she handed Ae Young a bag.

“But ma’am, I have to leave now,” Ae Young told her as she took the bag anyways.

“I don’t care. Just deliver it or you won’t get paid until next week,” she female said to her.

“But unnie!” Ae Young whined.

“If you make a mess of the food you’ll need to pay for another one,” the cook said as she went back to chopping up the ingredients.

Ae Young sighed and quickly took off the apron from around her waist as she hurried to a back room and hung it up. She then grabbed her bag before she walked out the back door and looked at the watch on her hand.

“I’m not going to make it,” Ae Young sighed as she pulled out her phone and dialed a number.

“Hello,” a woman’s voice said on the other side.

“Unnie, I’m going to be a little late today. My manager just told me to make a delivery or else I won’t get paid this week,” she explained.

“Oh. Alright dear, I’ll have Young Mi do your first orders then. Hurry though, I have a special delivery for you,” the woman replied.

“Okay unnie! I’ll hurry! Thank you!” Ae Young said happily before she hung up glad that her next boss understood and wouldn’t take away from her paycheck. She put the phone back in her pocket before she start to jog holding the bag higher into the air trying to make sure not to spill anything.

 

A young man in his early twenties looked at his watch for the hundredth time that hour.

“Pay attention,” an older man next to him whispered giv

Please log in to read the full chapter