Chapter 2

SQUARE

 

  “Kim-chan,” Kei said with a serious look on his face. “Daisuki dayo.”

 

 “GAHHHH~~! Baka Inoo Kei! She won’t fall for a stupid confession like that!!” he said as he scratched his head wildly.

 

 He has been waiting for almost ten minutes now for Kim to arrive and obviously…he was practicing on whether which line would he pick to confess to her. Hearing his own self confessing was torture.  Being a genius and all, it is hard for him to accept the fact that he didn’t know how Kim might react if he just suddenly burst out the words for his confession. In fact, it was even easier for him to predict the next move of his chess opponent than to GUESS what kind of reaction Kim would have if she knew about his liking for her. Will she like him? Or does she like him ALREADY?  Or…hopefully not… does she only see him as a friend?? PLEASE. KAMI-SAMA. NOT THAT ONE.

 

 “Oi, Inuu-chan!!” Kim yelled from afar as she waved at the guy.

 

 Kei then jogged his way towards her , everything around him turning into flashback when all the while he and Kim was the only ones in regular motion. YES! Like those that happen in Western  love song music videos!  Before he could even stop himself from hugging her, he already did.

 

 “Uhh.. chotto~” Kim said with a tinge of uneasiness.

 

 “Ah…gomen.” Kei released her . He then lowered his head involuntarily as he felt a bit of shyness run down his whole body.

 

 “Baka.” The girl whacked him on the head. She might seem kind and all in appearance but violence is in her blood, running along all of her veins.

 

 ~.~.~.~.~.~

 

  “NANDAYOOOO!!!!!” Kei wished he could voice out that thought right now.

 

 See, he and Kim were already having some time alone in this almost empty ice cream shop when their friends arrived. Keito and Daiki, those are.

 

 “Ne Dai-chan, what flavor do you like?” Keito asked as he lined up in the counter, eyeing the selection of flavors of ice cream he might want to eat.

 

 “I want to try the strawberry ice cream here! I haven’t eaten that flavor here so—” Daiki answered back but he was cut off by Kei’s comment.

 

 “You shouldn’t even be eating ice cream anymore. You’ve got plenty of ice in Antarctica…” Kei murmured to himself due to annoyance but he didn’t know that he spoke loud and clear enough for the others to hear him.

 

 Daiki just pouted in return. “Why does everyone call me a penguin?”

 

 “BECAUSE YOU LOOK LIKE ONE.” Everyone answered, including Keito, who was now on his way to their table, carrying a tray of an assortment of flavors of ice cream.

 

 -.-.-.-

 

 “Ne minna, sumimasen.. I’ll have to go to the washroom” Kim excused herself as she made her way towards the comfort room which was located on the corner opposing their table.

 

 Kei watched her while she walked, thinking that the two guys were still chatting with each other.

 

 “Oi Inuu-chan!” Daiki snapped his fingers in front of Kei’s face, making the guy blink for a few times. “Why are you staring off into space like that?”

 

 “No he isn’t.” Keito said before Kei could even react. “He’s staring at Kim.”

 

 “No I am so not!!” Kei protested as he waved his hands in front of him in disagreement, but the younger guys knew Kei too well. He had never acted like this in his entire existence, even though he’s denying things. If he is denying things, he would usually just frown and tell the truth but this time, he’s acting weird.

 

 Seeing the look on Keito’s and Daiki’s faces, Kei just gave it up and shrugged off his shoulders. “Maa~ I guess I was found out ne?”

 

 “Daijobu! Count on us to help you.” Keito said as he patted Kei’s right shoulder. “Ne, Daiki?”

 

 “Of course.” The other guy said as he gave off a beakless penguin smile.

 

                                                                    >>CHAPTER END<<