Chapter 1

SQUARE

 

  Kei sighed for the nth time while looking over outside the huge window beside him as he thought of something, or rather…SOMEONE.

 

  He is thinking about this particular person again…and this has been going on for a whole month already.

 

  “And now for a quick recap, let us all lend Inoo-san our ears as he repeats what I have previously stated.” The professor said, intentionally increasing the tone of his voice, enough to make Kei turn his eyes on him, thus pulling him back to the real world. “Surely, you already know what I said as to be bold enough to make my class a daydreaming session.” He raised an eyebrow as he slowly approached the desk of the pretty boy. “Now Inoo-san, please stand up and repeat what I have said earlier.”

 

  “Hai…” Kei said in a lazy tone as he lousily stood up from his seat, he placed his hands on top of his desk, stretching them. He looked up as if the answer was just posted on the ceiling. “Uh…”

 

  “You don’t know, don’t you?” the old guy said, smirking. He then turned around to speak to the class. “What I’m asking him to repeat was for high schoolers.” He shook his head disappointedly. ”You see class, if you’ll only be like this guy here, converting my class into a daydreaming session and all, you’d better just go outside the room.” The professor went on.

 

  While the old guy was still blabbering on, somebody poked Kei’s back. She held a notebook in landscape form and there were letters written in bold face: A.T.

 

  Kei mouthed the word: “Arigatou.” to her.

 

 “Now, will anybody else from this class care to state what I said?” the professor asked.

 

 Kei raised his hand but since the old man’s back was on him, he can’t see him. But Kei’s classmates were kind enough as to point all their fingers at him, making the professor turn around.

 

  “No Inoo-san, you cannot take your seat yet.” The man said.

 

  Without anyone telling him to do so, the pretty boy just stated what the professor said earlier: “The Atomic Theory explains the existence of charges by the structure of an atom. The atom may gain or lose electrons. If the atom gains electrons, it will become negatively charged. If it loses electrons, it becomes positively charged.” Kei stated with a bored face. “That wasn’t even for high schoolers. That was for grade schoolers.” After that, he coolly sat down again on his seat.

 

  The professor just nodded like one would do when he or she is slightly embarrassed. “Just don’t you dare daydream in my class ever again.” Was the only statement he was able to produce form his mouth.

 

 

  ~.~.~.~

 

 “Kim-chan, arigatou for earlier!” Kei said as he caught up with Kim who was walking alone in the hallway. She was the girl who held up her notebook earlier.

 

 “Do-i-ta!” Kim beamed a smile at him as he pronounced the word per syllable.

 

 “Ah…anou sa~” Kei bit his lip and looked down as if he was feeling shy. “As a thanks, may I treat you later at dismissal?”

 

 “Of course!”

 

 

 ~.~.~.~

 

 At dismissal time…

 

  “Kim-chan,” Kei said with a serious look on his face. “Daisuki dayo.”

 

 

 

                         >>CHAPTER END<<