Chapter 5

SQUARE

 

 Daiki continued running for his life while the great big dog continued on chasing after him. Maybe the trivia that said animals of different kinds hated each other was true. He was a penguin after all.

 

 “GAHHHH!!” he yelled as he turned left and continued on running. He then dared to look behind him, checking the distance between him and the dog. To his thankful surprise, the dog wasn’t there anymore. And to his GREATER surprise….HIS FRIENDS WEREN’T THERE ANYMORE. He was left all alone in this dark alley. But thank goodness that he still knew his way.

 

 He walked confidently as he knew for a fact that the evil dog wasn’t behind him anymore. However..

 

 “Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~~” he found the dog standing on his way after he had passed two blocks before his house. He then ran again and abruptly opened the door of a MOVING vehicle and went inside it, startling the girl on the backseat.

 

“RARRRFF!!!” the dog pounded on the window of the car and the girl and Daiki…even the driver…all screamed in surprise.

 

 The dog pounded on the glass window once more.

 

 “AHHH!! DRIVEEE!!!” The girl and Daiki yelled at the poor man on the driver’s seat as they both pounded on the back of his seat.

 

~.~.~

 

 Keito…is now safely sitting on a chair inside his room. Earlier, he thought that Daiki was still running beside him then it was too late when he had realized that the dog and Daiki was gone behind him. He reached for the phone in his pocket and dialed the penguin’s number. Luckily, his phone didn’t slip from his pocket while he was on the run earlier.

 

 “Oi Dai-chan, daijobu?” Keito asked as soon as he heard Daiki picking up his phone.

 

 “D-dai..jo..bu..” he was obviously panting.

 

 “Mister, who are you?” Keito heard a girl speak from the other line.

 

 “Who’s that?” Keito asked as he narrowed his eyes while he spoke on his phone.

 

 “Uh, I kind of hailed a ca—”

 

 “Apparently, you just went in without stopping our vehicle.” The girl spoke again, cutting Daiki’s sentence short.

 

 “Sorry, I’ll call next time ne?” Daiki ended the call and Keito just sighed. But he was still thankful that his friend had already gotten away from the zombie dog.

 

~.~.~.~

 

“Ok…WOW.” Kim blinked as she scanned her and Kei’s so-called room. There was NOTHING MUCH in here. Just a single bed. A single pillow. A single blanket. And nothing follows.
 

 Kei checked the built-in cabinet on the wall to look for some extra blankets or pillows, but to his dismay, the cabinet was empty.

 

 He sighed.

 

 Then he took off his polo shirt.

 “OI BAKA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!” Kim asked in the highest pitch of her voice.

 

 “Relax.”

 

 “W-what..??” Kim stepped back as she saw Kei walking towards her.

 

 Kei chuckled as he sat on the floor near Kim. “I said relax.” He said while laying his polo on the floor before lying down.

 

 Kim blinked.

 

 “I’ll sleep here. You sleep on the bed.” Kei smiled at her.

 

 “Won’t you be cold??” she asked with a tinge of worry in her tone. This was just enough to make Kei’s chest thump and his heart skip a beat or two. However, he seems to be in the mood to do some light teasing to Kim.

 

 “What would you do to make me warm then?” he sat back up and gave her his most intense stare.

 

 “URUSAI BAKA.” She grabbed the pillow from the bed and flopped it on Kei’s face.

“MMMMRRPPHH!!” Kei struggled as he tried to remove the pillow from his precious puritty face. However, he wasn’t able to. This girl has some strength on her, he must admit. And again, he wanted to play..

 

-.-.-

 

“Oi..” Kim poked Kei’s tummy while the violent pillow was still lying on his face. She had stopped for several seconds now since Kei stopped struggling already. And so she stopped pushing the pillow onto his face too.

 

 “Kei-chan~~” she said whilst removing the pillow from his face.

 

 “OH GOSH.” She widened her eyes upon seeing Kei’s eyes closed. “OI WAKE UP!!” she shook him continuously and she felt some tears welling up in her eyes.

 

 Still no response.

 

 She took a deep breath. And then opened Kei’s mouth by slightly pinching the sides of his face.

 

 “I’m really not sure on how to do this but..”

 

 “BAKA.” Kei suddenly spoke, cutting her actions. “What are going to do just now??”

 

 “EHHHH?? YOU’RE STILL ALIVE??” Kim yelled at him.

 

 “Of course I am! I was just acting!” he chuckled which earned him a whack from the latter.

 

 “That’s not funny at all!!”

 

 “Maybe I should’ve acted a bit more..”

 

 “BAKA!!” Kim reached for the pillow and once again, she pushed it to his face. This time, she made sure that he won’t live. She knelt on top of him and kept pushing.

 “MRPPMMPH!!” Kei struggled once again as he can’t breathe for real now.

 

 “YOU, MADE. ME. WORRIED!!” Kim yelled in between pushes.

 

 “Now, what is this noise all about??” All of a sudden, the door opened, and Kei’s grandmother stepped in, allowing her to see her grandson being entrapped on the wooden floor by this girl named Kim, while Kei obviously wasn't doing anything to get her off him. And this...leads the old woman to only one thought.

 

 Kim had immediately thrown the pillow back into the bed before Kei’s grandma sees that she’s trying to kill her grandson.

 

 “OH. Sorry for interrupting.” She said as she turned her back before Kim could even protest.

 

 “Kids nowadays… so eager and fast..” Kim heard Kei’s grandmother said before she closed the door.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

 

 Keito sat on his bed and recalled this afternoon.

 

 “ore wa bakaaa.” He whispered half-heartedly to himself as he remembered that he was the one who first volunteered in helping Kei to get Kim to fall for him. The truth is, he himself has been having a crush on her. He just realized that several months earlier. He just kept it to himself since he thought that confessing to her would do damage to their friendship and he doesn’t want that to happen.

 

 Maybe she’ll be happy with him.

 

He sighed again as he thought of Kei wanting to confess to Kim. If it was him to be asked, he doesn’t know whether he’ll deny liking her or not. But Kei did not all deny it once he was already found out. And he has to admit, that was very brave of him to want to openly confess to her.

 

 Should I give her up?

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 NO. I won’t.

 

 

 

 

>>CHAPTER END<<