Chapter 4

SQUARE

 

As the light reflected on who knows what, Kei’s eyes finally processed the face of the old woman who was constantly whacking his head.

 

“O..OBA-CHAN?!?” he called out and the whacking stopped .

“OMAE DARE KA??!” the old lady asked in a shout.

“I-it’s Kei! Your PURI PURITTY grandson!”

 

~.~.~.~

 

 Kim chuckled softly, trying to hold in her burst of laughter as Kei’s grandmother flipped more of the pages in his baby picture album.

 “..And this is what he looked like when he two years old. His aunt thought that her sister gave birth to a girl so she sent gifts that were for girls..” Kei’s grandmother said, pointing to a picture of Kei wearing a pink dress with a matching pastel pink headband on his head.

 

 “GAHH~” Kei groaned as his oba-san flipped another page of the photo album. This was indeed one of the most humiliating happenings in his entire life. And the fact that Kim, his one and only true love, is the one seeing his baby pictures.

 “ OHH.. AND THIS..” Kei’s grandmother pointed to another picture. “This is Kei when he was seven years old.. this is his first bath by himself so we decided to take a picture of it.”

 

“OBA-CHAN YAMEROOO!!” Kei reached incredibly fast across the table, eager to cover the picture with his hands.

 

 “NANDAYO~ Go back on your seat you girly boy.” His grandma ordered.

 

 

“B-but..” Kei mumbled as he shrank back to his chair.

 

 The old woman closed the album and slid it on the table towards Kei. “There. Happy?”

 

 Kei just pouted.

 

~.~

 

 “Anou sa~” Kim said as she faced Kei’s oba-san. “We have to go now..”

 

 “Do you know where you are?”

 

 “No.”

 

 “Do you know how you got here?”

 

 “We were running.” Kei interjected.

 

 “From a dog.” Kim continued, then she stared sharply at Kei. “.. because somebody is scared.”

 

 “ORE GA?” Kei pointed at himself.

 

 “No.” Kim answered. “I was talking about the germ on the parasite on the back side of the fly on the light post earlier. -_- ”

 

 Kei’s grandmother chuckled. “You two CANNOT go home now.”

 

 “EHHH??”

 

 “ You don’t know the way.. and I can’t lead you to the bus terminal home, because that would leave me alone on the road and you wouldn’t want an old woman wandering around at night…in the darkness.. DESHOU??”

 

 Kim and Kei can’t do anything but nod their heads. “Hai…” they replied half-heatedly.

 

 “I’ll be going right upstairs.. I remember there’s a room there..” Kei said as he stepped on the foot of the stairs.”

 

 “I think I’ll have to stay in the living room…” Kim mumbled but it was loud enough for the two other people to hear it.

 

 “No,” Kei said. “There are three rooms in this house so you could stay in one of them.” He took more steps upwards.

 

 “AH.” The old woman said. “I just remembered that I made one of those rooms my storage room so that leaves us only two rooms.”

 

 Kim was about to say something about sharing rooms with the older woman when she spoke again.

 

 

 

 

 

 “You two will have to share a room for tonight.”

 

 

                                                                                  >>CHAPTER END<<  

 

 

   

 

    Hontou ni gomenasai to Kim-neechan for this crappily short update!! *bows* gomen gomen GOMMEEENNN!!

*GETS THROWN INTO THE OCEAN*