Chapter 5

I'm a student... And you're a teacher!

It was the middle of class. We had a double block so it was either Mr. Wu made us stay at school for 2 hours (in which we would get out at around 3:02 or so) or go home at 2:45. Mr. Wu handed out worksheets for everyone but gave me a 'more difficult' worksheet to do. English wasn't that hard I suppose. Though I get confused on which words to use.. Like their and there. The english speakers call it a Homonym..

I finished the worksheet and looked it over. *Looks fine to me..* I was about to get up until Eun Mi beat me to the punch. 
"Mr. Wu, I've finished can you check it please?" she asked fiddling with her hair. 
"Sure" He said grabbing his red pen. 
As he was marking, Eun Mi started acting flirty towards him. Leaning on his desk revealing her clevage, playing with her hair. Mr. Wu was so oblivious he never realized what she was doing. 

"Here you go. You got some errors you might want to fix. I circled it so come back when you've corrected it" he said.
Eun Mi wasn't pleased, "Okay" she said grabbing her paper and walking back to her seat. I finally got up and headed towards Mr. Wu's desk. 
"All done?" He asked with a smile 
"Yeah" I said giving him a small smile. I was melting on the inside. His gummy smile is so precious..
"Grab a chair we can go over it together" he said 
Together. I grabbed a chair and placed it beside Mr. Wu. 
"Okay so did you find this easy?" He asked while marking my sheet. 
"A lot of it yes but there was something that confused me.." I said. 
"Oh? Like what?" 
"Like the their and there... Which one do I use.. And why are there two of them?" 
Mr. Wu chuckled, "English is a very interesting language hey? Well the difference is that this their is more possessive. For example this is their house. This there means like in or at a place so an example would be 'They are over there'. Do you get it?" 
"Oh! I get it" 
Mr. Wu finished marking my assignment, "Good work Minyoung, you only got two wrong" he smiled handing me my paper. I walked back to my seat and sat down. "Good work Minyoung"  those words I have never heard in my life. I only heard my mom and dad say that to my sister about her marks. Tears began to form in my eye. Hearing such words hit me hard like a rock.. The bell rang as a single tear rolled down my cheek. I got my stuff and started heading out until Mr. Wu called me. 
"Minyoung, are you alright?" He asks.
I wiped away my tears, "Y-yeah I'm fine" I stuttered. 
"Why are you crying then?" 
I could feel him getting closer and closer.. Should I tell him? 
"B-because I'm happy..." I said. 
"About what? Is it about your mark on the worksheet?" 
I smiled, "No, not the worksheet..." I looked up seeing Mr. Wu standing right infront of me. *Is it suddenly hot in here?* His long hand wiped away my tears. 
"Then what is it Minyoung?" 
"It's just... I've never heard those words before.." 
Mr. Wu looked puzzled, "If I may ask, what words?" 
"Good job.. Good job Minyoung. Those words" More tears began streaming down my face. *Oh why can't I stop! I probably look like a huge cry baby to Mr. Wu..* At that moment I felt something warm body against me. Mr. Wu had embraced me in his arms. 
"I am proud Minyoung, you're doing a good job. I see you when you work, you're a very hardworking, independent student. There's no reason why someone shouldn't be proud of you." I began to sob harder and eventually I hugged him back, sobbing into his shirt. 
"It's okay, let it out" Mr. Wu said softly. He sat down on the floor and put me in his lap. I curled up against his chest hearing his heartbeat against his wet shirt. 

I have never cried this hard since... Well ever. I teared up when my sister was leaving for aboard but that was the closest I've been to crying. It felt good. It felt like a huge relief was being released. 

After about an hour of crying into Mr. Wu's chest, I felt so sleepy. I eventually fell into deep sleep into Mr. Wu's warm, comforting chest..

Kris POV

Watching Minyoung cry hurt my heart.. Knowing that just those 3 words made her cry, she seems lonely. It sounds like her parents don't give her any love or support. What would happen if i said a different 3 words, like I lov- no that's too early Kris.. The sobbing stopped and I looked down at Minyoung.. She's sleeping. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. 

"Minyoung.. Please don't cry again" I whisper. 

I look at the time; 4:17pm.. The teachers are all about to leave. What should I do with Minyoung? 

I carried Minyoung in my arms to my desk, putting her down and grabbing my bag. I picked her back up in my arms and just with that movement she flung her arms around my neck. Oh I have such an urge to do something but I can't. Not here. Not now. I quickly left my classroom and headed towards the car. 

"Mr. Wu, is everything alright? Why are you carrying Minyoung?" It was the vice principal. 
"Oh uh... She fainted.." 
"Fainted? Shouldn't you take her to the nurse?" 
"Oh well no.. She's been studying really late so it's lack of sleep." Close enough. 
"Oh, is that so? That's quite rare but not surprising. Are you taking her home?" 
"Yes" Probably not. 
"Alright, see you tomorrow Mr. Wu." 

Oh thank god. The vice principle walked away and I scurried to my car. I put Minyoung in the front seat, buckling her seat belt. *She looks so torn...* I got in and started the engine. I'm definatly not leaving Minyoung by herself tonight. 

I drove off and headed towards my destination.

Back to Minyoungs POV

I woke up on a soft, comfortable bed. It's so comfy... *Did I get a new bed?* I open my eyes and scanned the room. *Oh? Where am I* I got up and looked around. It's so need and tidy. It's very plain though. Black desk, A grey blanket and carpet, beige curtains.. I twisted the door knob and slowly opened the door. There was a long hallway with many doors. I walked out of the room and looked through every door. There was a spare room, the bathroom and the rest were all little closests.. I headed down stairs and spotted someone sitting there.. It was Mr. Wu.. I froze up. 

"Hey sleepy head" He said. I couldn't put my words together, I tried to say something but nothing would come out. Mr. Wu got up and headed towards me. 
"Do you need help coming down the stairs?" He asked with his hand out. I shook my head and took my last step. But the klutz I am slipped on that last step. My heart skipped a beat and I closed my eyes expecting to be on the ground.. Instead I was in Mr. Wu's arms... 

"Are you okay? You could've hurt yourself!" Mr. Wu cried. 
"Sorry... I'm such a klutz" I replied. 
Mr. Wu put me back on to my feet and walked to the kitchen, "Are you hungry?" he asks. At that moment, my stomach started to growl. 
" I guess I am." I replied
Mr. Wu laughed, "Well what would you like to eat?" 
"Surprise me" I said sitting on a stool. 
"Haha, Alright." 

As I sat there, I watched Mr. Wu cook. The ingredients and the scent of the food, I knew he was making stir fry. He looked like a natural. If there was another life, he would defiantly be a cook. Mr. Wu looked really... hot. 

"It smells really good" I said. 
"It's the first time I've ever cooked for somebody" He says, "It's also the first time a girl sleeping in my bed without me" 
I was flushed. "Well, there's always a first for everything I suppose." 
"Is this a first for you Minyoung?" He asks. 
"No it isn't" I replied. Mr. Wu stopped stirring, he looked up at me with such a stern expression. 
"I'm kidding" I said. The look of relief on his face was priceless. We both cracked up into laughter. 

After a few minutes, the food was done. Mr. Wu brought our plates to the table. 
I took a bite, "This is delicious!" I exclaimed. 
Mr. Wu laughed, "I'm glad you like it. When was the last time you had a home cooked meal?" 
"Actually, it's been awhile. Usually I'll eat Ramen or some pre-cooked meals. My parent aren't always home because of their jobs and I have no idea how to cook so yeah"
"How about I teach you how to make some meals"
"I thought you were really bad at cooking.. considering you thought my ramen was delicious." I said
"I'm not that bad. Ramen is definetly not my cooking thing, but I can cook other stuff too. I'll teach you how to make some dishes if you would like"
I was stunned, Mr. Wu teach me to cook? He's already my Math and English teacher..
"It's alright, it's probably a bothersome." I said. 
"A bothersome? Oh dear god no. It would be an honour. Plus you need someone to test your food other than yourself." 
I thought about it for awhile.. I guess I could. I can get to know Mr. Wu more.... "I suppose..." 
"It's final then! Every Friday and Saturday!" He claimed.
"Friday? That's tomorrow." 
"Then I guess we're starting tomorrow then" He smiled and we continued to eat. 

After dinner, we both sat on the couch. Mr. Wu had a huge television. Defiantly bigger than mine. 10 times bigger than mine for sure. 

"Oh, Mr. Wu where did you put my bag?" I asked. 
"It should be right beside the door, and I told you call me Kris" He replied. 
I grinned, "Alright, Kris." I got up and went to my bag. 

I checked my phone; 2 text messages, 4 missed calls. I checked my texts, they were from Jihyun and an unknown number. 

To: Oh Minyoung
From: Lee Jihyun

Where are you?? Did you leave? Are you okay? Why don't you answer your phone ㅠㅠ call me back okay! 

She must be the 4 missed calls. 

To: Lee Jihyun
From: Oh Minyoung

Hey.. Sorry about that. I'm fine. I just had a problem but it's all solved. 

I opened the one from the unknown

To: Oh Minyoung
From: Unknown

Hi! It's Heeyoung. I asked Jihyun for your number :) When do you want to start the project? 

Oh. I didn't even know she had a phone. I can't do it tomorrow because Mr. Wu.. I mean Kris is going to teach me how to cook. And I can't do it Saturday either... 

To: Goo Heeyoung
From: Oh Minyoung

Well, I'm busy tomorrow and Saturday so how about Sunday morning? 

I took my phone back to Kris's couch and looked at my missed calls. 

"OH!" I shouted 
"What's wrong?" He asks. 
"My parent's called me.." I said. I quickly dialed back their number. 

"Hello?" It was my dad. 
"Hi dad!" I said
"Oh, Hi Minyoung. Are you doing alright?" He asks. 
"Yes I'm fine, how's your buisness trip with mom?" I asked. 
"It's the usual, stressful and not relaxing." 
"Oh I see, when are you guys coming back?" 
"Well, looking at the schedule it looks like.. Sometime Wednesday? That is if they don't make us do overtime like last time remember?" 
*Ah yes, I remember that*  "They made you stay for almost a month, how could I not forget that" I claimed, I could sense Kris looking at me at that moment. I bet he was stunned. 
"Anyways, we just wanted to checkup on you. How's school?" 
"Schools good. Is mom there?" 
"Yes, but she's kind of busy. I'll call you later Minyoung, someones knocking on the door okay?" Before I could say bye, the call ended. I pouted. 

"Your dad?" Kris asks. 
"Yeah.." 
"Do you get alone with him well?" 
"Definitely. Out of both of my parents, I was closest to my dad. I wasn't those girly types. I liked working with my dad and playing baseball with him. He used to call me his 'Little bear'. My mom and I don't really get along. She usually nags at me and stuff. She got along with my sister much better." 
"Little bear? That's cute. Does he still call you little bear?" 
"No, he stopped when I started middle school"
Kris nodded. I felt my phone buzz, saying I recieved a message. It was from Jihyun and Heeyoung. 

To: Oh Minyoung
From: Lee Jihyun

DEAR GOD. YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME. ARE YOU ALRIGHT? DID SOMEONE TAKE YOU AWAY? WHY AREN'T YOU AT HOME?! WHERE ARE YOU?! YOU GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK MINYOUNG. 

I laughed, oh Jihyun. 

To: Lee Jihyun
From: Oh Minyoung

Calm down I'm fine. I'm actually in a safe place that I can't tell you. Don't worry I'm fine. We're going to work on our project on sunday so I'll see you then! Better not be late! 

Next one was from Heeyoung

To: Oh Minyoung
From: Goo Heeyoung

Ah, what are you up too? Sunday morning's fine for me. 
 

No way am I tellling her. 

To: Goo Heeyoung
From: Oh Minyoung

I'm being tutored on Friday and I have a thing to go to on Saturday.

Close enough. 

Kris and I sat there for a good 2 hours or so. We started watching a movie called Pitch Perfect. Once the movie ended, I looked at the time; 11:07PM. I looked over at Kris, he was fast asleep. He looks like a teddy bear you just want to cuddle with.  He must be tired.. Thinking about it.. How did I even get here? Did he carry me? If he did, I have to repay him. I scooted beside him and shook him a little. 
"Kris.... Kris wake up" He slowly opened his eyes and smiled. 
"What time is it?" He asked in a grogily voice. 
"It's 11. You should get some sleep." I said. He got up and started walking towards the stairs. I turned off the television and started putting on my shoes. 
"Where are you going?" He asks. 
"Home? I don't want to be a bother.." 
"Are you crazy? You're not leaving, you're sleeping here. That's why I brought you here so you wouldn't be alone." *He brought me so I wouldn't be all alone...? Protective.* I smiled. 
"Come" he said extending his arm. I slipped my shoes off and went to his direction. He grabbed my hand and walked me to his room. 
"Uhm.. Should I sleep in the guest room?" I ask. 
"Don't be silly. Here" he threw a pair of one his sweats and shirts. 
"Don't worry, I'll leave and let you change" he stated. 
Kris walked into a door which I assumed was his bathroom. 
I changed into his clothes, *Wow these are super comfy* I opened the door and went to the spare bedroom. I looked around and there were no bedsheets or blankets here. Just a matress and an old desk.. *Ah, so that's why he wants me to sleep in his room* I went back to his room and saw he wasn't out. I crawled back into the spot I woke up in and closed my eyes. 

MORNING

I woke up feeling the sun hitting my face. This was a first that I was so comfortable I didn't want to leave the bed. All of the sudden, I felt an arm wrap around my waist, pulling me in closer, feeling a body next to mine. I slowly turned around and saw Kris. He had no shirt on, but sweats. His hair is all messy and you can tell he's in deep sleep. Our noses were touching, I've never been this close to anyone before.. If he was awake, I wouldn't mind a morning kiss I suppose. Out of the blue, I heard a loud noise turn on. It must be the alarm clock. Kris didn't make a suttle move. I looked around without moving so much and saw the time; 6:45AM. I turned back facing Kris and got startled. 

He grinned, "Goodmorning" he said with a grogily voice. 
I smiled "Goodmorning". 
"How'd you sleep?" He asked. 
"Actually, quite relaxful." I said. 
"I'm glad" he said. 

For a moment there was a long pause, We were staring into each others eyes deeply. His face came closer, and closer to my face and until his lips found mine.

 


 

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY + LONG WEEKEND FOR MEEEEE <333 

Honestly, this is just like a regular thursday.. except no school. 

I want somone to buy me chocolates ); 

LOTS OF NEW SUBSCRIBERS OMG THANK YOU GUYS FOR BEING PATIENT <3 

HERE'S A HEART ~ 


ouu they kissed heheh. hEHEHEHEHEHHHHHHH EHEHHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHHEHHEHEHHH

starting to write next chapter atm LOL ~ but before i contine i must sleep cuz its almost 5:30 AM LOL tell me what you think of this chapter (sorry if its not that good LOL) or predict what you think will happen next (;