Chapter 4

I'm a student... And you're a teacher!

My heart is racing.. What is he doing? Oh my god his lips.. Should I close my eyes? Oh my god what do I do.. I closed my eyes and he was really close. I could smell his cologne. I waited for a few seconds for his lips to reach mine... What's taking him so long?! I opened my eyes, seeing him reaching for the salt and pepper. Oh my god...

Kris grinned at the sight of my embarrassment, what was I thinking? It would be weird if a teacher kissed a student... I mean.. We are only about 6 years apart. It's better than 20 years.. Hahaha. Oh man. This is really awkward..

After a long moment of me in depth of my thoughts, Kris finally spoke up.

“So, don't you have any siblings?” He asks.
“Yeah. I have one sister, her name's Soojung.” I replied.
“Oh, Where is she then?” He asks.
“She's studying overseas right now” I said, chewing my noodles.
“Oh, I see” He says, taking a huge amount. Basically finishing up his noodles.
“That was really good.” complimented Kris.
“Haha.. It's just instant noodles.. Haven't you eaten them before?”
"Of course! I have them basically everyday, also when I'm not in the mood too cook" He stated. 
"Shouldn't you be sick of it then?" I asked confusingly. 
"No. Not yet anyways, haha. I never really made it myself. Usually I would have other people make it for me because when I make it, it tastes bitter.. Weird right?" he says. 
"Bitter? How can they taste bitter? All you do is just put it in water and add the seasoning.." I replied. 
"I honestly don't know. But you can tell I'm not a very good cook haha" laughed Kris. 

I got up from the table and took our bowls and threw them away. Kris also got up aswell. 

"Well, I guess I should head out," He says. "What time is it?" 
"It's five to four" I replied. 
"What?! Oh man, Sorry. I really have to go." He says, putting his coat and shoes on. 
"It's fine.. Haha." I said, watching him tie his shoes. 

After Mr. Wu, I mean Kris left, I was thinking about the things that just happened. He's really nice and sweet. Oh, but what am i thinking? I decided to get my mind off it and take a nap. 

----------

I woke up on the couch, my arm over my face. I look at the clock..

5:45 am..

I tried going back to sleep, but I never can. Once I wake up, I'm awake for the whole day. I hate it. Even if I get only get about 3 hours of sleep, I can never get more rest. 

I got up and took a shower. I did my hair, put my uniform on, and started making my breakfast. I looked at the clock. 

6:57 am... 

Ugh, this day is going to be long. I sat down on the couch, waiting for the time to turn 7:30. 

--------

It's first period, and I have biology first with Jihyun. It makes me glad that I get to see her at least and not be a loner like my other classes..
I sit down at an empty desk and put my stuff to the seat next to me and saved it for Jihyun.

I looked at the clock, 8:28. Classes starts in 2 minutes.. Where is she? Maybe she got lost.. As I was lost in my thoughts, a small little girl came infront of my desk.
"E-excuse me.." She says nervously. I look up at her, seeing her petite face. She looks like a seven year old..
"Do you mind i-if i sit here?" She asks. How can you say no to her cute little face? I couldn't even think of saying no. Since Jihyun isn't here, I guess I could.
"Yeah, sure." I say. She sits down next, she's wearing a black sweater with a pair of skinny jeans. Her hairs in a ponytail too. She looks kind of nerdy, but cute and innocent.

I take out my phone, feeling the vibration upon my palms. I unlock it seeing there was a message from Jihyun.

To: Oh Minyoung
From: Lee Jihyun

Hey. ugh. I missed my bus. So now my mom has to come pick me up which will be like an hour.. But you know her and her 'precautions'. So I won't make it to first period. ): Hope you're not sitting alone!

I put my phone under the desk and replied to her.

To: Lee Jihyun
From: Oh Minyoung

I was getting worried, haha. Don't worry about it, there is a very petite girl sitting beside me.. Maybe I'll make a new friend today? Haha. See you later.

I put my phone away and the teacher walked in. She was getting prepared for the class. So I decided to take a moment and talk to the petite girl.

"Hi, what's your name?" I ask with a smile.
"Heeyoung. Goo Heeyoung" She murmurs.
"Ah, Goo Heeyoung? Nice to meet you, my name is Minyoung. Oh Minyoung. " I say. She looks at me with relief, her eyes at ease. Has she been through something like me? Is she alone all the time like me? Well, I have Jihyun. Or does she have someone like Jihyun? So many questions I receive from just her face.
"Okay class, let's begin. We're going to start off with your first project of the year! I want you guys to draw or make an animal cell or a plant cell. If you want bonus marks you can do both. You should be familiar with those two since, you learnt it last year. You should have anyways. You can be in a group of 2 or 3. No one is going to work on this project by themselves. I will hand out the rubric of this project to your group. So make your groups now!" Everyone started shuffling to each other, people asking if they can have a group of 4, or just those kids that talk to each other and don't do absolutely anything. Heeyoung and I stay seated, I look at her and she looks back at me.

"Do you want to work with me?" I ask gracefully.
"M-me? Really?" She asks. It's like no one has ever asked her before.. I mean, no one has ever asked me too except Jihyun. So I guess I'd have the same reaction as her.
"Yeah. If you don't mind," I reply.
"Oh, I do not mind at all." She says. "Will it just be the two of us? Or will someone else be joining?"
Oh yes, Jihyun will need a partner.
"Yes, My friend Jihyun will be. Do you mind?" I ask.
"No i don't mind, Its just..." She trails off.
"It's just what?" I ask curiously.
"You're the first person to ask me.. And you talked to me too. No one has ever done that. Ever since Grade 6, I've had no friends. I've been all alone. I had a friend that I trusted and once we got into Junior High.. She abandoned me. She started making fun of me with her 'gang'. They told them that I would curse them and she would say I was crazy and that my parents put me in an institution and just left me. They never did. My father died in the army and my mother remarried. All truth. Hands down. But I'm just so happy now," Her eyes begin to tear up. "I'm happy that I now know there are better and kinder people in this world and not cruel, heartless bastards." She smiles, and wipes her eyes. I know how she feels. People have been making rumors about me too. I mean, Eun Mi and I used to be friends.. And then she got in with the popular girls and started acting y. I understand what Heeyoung's going through.
"It's hard, I know. I've been through what you've been through somewhat." I say.
"Really? Why would people do that to you.. you're so kind." She says. I giggle.
"Same to you." I say.

Heeyoung and I become really close. Class ends and I ask her what she has next.
"Umm.. Gym." She says.
"Oh, are you the athletic type?" I ask.
"Kind of, I enjoy sports" She says cheerfully.
The bell goes.
"I'll see you later alright?" I say.
"Okay, I'll meet you in the cafeteria!" She says. We wave and scurry off to class.

--------

The time has come. I'm finally in Mr. Wu's class. I'm so embarrassed. I shouldn't even be facing him. After what happened yesterday, I can bare to think of it. I quickly take my place where I was originally yesterday.

It's math class. I honestly am not excited what so ever. I hate math. I can say it many times and never get sick of it. I hate hate hate HATE math.

"Okay class, So today we will just be reviewing some things you learnt last year." he says.

What we did last year? I didn't do too bad last year.. But heck was it confusing. I never asked for help because they would just explain the question. They didn't help at all. When I would ask Jihyun, I would be told to sit at my desk. Damn you seating plans...

I receive a stack of work sheets from the person infront of me. I take one and pass it back. I glance at the sheet seeing only circles and lines. Oh dear.

"Ms. Oh, may you come here for a sec?" Mr. Wu called me Ms. Oh.... I get up and walk to his desk. Why am I feeling so nervous? He won't do anything.. We're in class. Even if we weren't, he still wouldn't do anything. Oh goodness. I finally reach to his desk.

"Do you need any help on these?" He asks.
"Um, not at the moment. I'll take a look at what I can do." I reply.
"Alright. If you need help, I'll be here." He says.
"Yes sir." I murmur.
"And if you need extra help on anything, I can be your tutor." He says quietly. Oh god. Mr. Wu? My Tutor? I couldn't even imagine.
"Thank you, Mr. Wu" I bow my head. I see a grin on his face. His perfect, symmetrical face. I walk back to my desk and sit down. I look back up noticing that Mr. Wu is watching me... Like a hawk. His hands are at his mouth, he looks deep in thought.

I look at the work sheet. I have no idea what to do, or even where to start. I look at the time, we're not even close to have a lunch break yet. I take a deep breath and look back up. He's still looking at me. I feel pressured to do good.. But I don't understand anything. I sit there for about 20 minutes still having nothing on my paper. Mr. Wu would glance at me every few minutes. I got fed up with this. I was about to pull out my hair. I got up and went to Mr. Wu's desk.

"Um.. Mr.Wu?" I murmur.
"Yes?" He replies.
"I.. I don't understand this at all.. Can you help me?" I ask.
"Of course, Grab a chair." He says. I walk back to my desk and grab my chair. I seat it next to his and sit down.
"Okay, So do you remember any of this from last year?" He asks.
"Um.. I do. But I don't understand how to get the answer." I reply.
"Alright, I'll take you step by step." He begins explaining everything. I start to understand but half way.. His voice is just distracting me. It's so deep and soft. Very caring I would say. I stop hearing this angelic voice, and I look up to his eyes.
"Do you understand it so far Minyoung?" He asks.
"Yes," I say. "Is that what you have to do for all of the questions?"
"Not necessarily," He says "It's just for this section. Once you finish it, come back and I'll show you the next one."
"Alright thank you." I say. I grab my paper and my chair and walk back to my desk. I take my seat and begin doing my work. This is easy. I finish the section and give a sigh of relief. Hopefully it's right... As I was about to get up, I noticed that Mr. Wu was helping someone else. The girl was bent down, obviously showing her cleavage to Mr. Wu. Of course, these ladies trying to get some attention from Mr. Wu.... I sat back down waiting for them to go until suddenly the bell rang. UGH. REALLY? Well, At least he's my teacher next. 

I got up and put my things away, All the students quickly vanished so now it's just Mr. Wu and I. 

"So how were those questions?" He asked. 
"I was going to ask you to check them, but you seemed busy with another student." I replied. 
"Do you want me to check them right now?" 
"No thank you. Please, go have some lunch Mr. Wu." I reply. I leave my bag and take my lunch. 
"Alright. I'll check them next class alright?" He says.
"Okay" I grin and quickly leave. 

I walk out and head straight towards the cafeteria. I scan it, looking for Heeyoung. I see her sitting alone at a table. Oh dear, she looks so uncomfortable. I quickly run up to her and take a seat. 

"Hi" I say.
"Oh, Hi Minyoung. How was second period?" She asks. 
"Tiring, yet all of my classes are tiring" I joke. My phone starts to vibrate, it's Jihyun. 

 

To: Oh Minyoung
From: Lee Jihyun

Hey, are you in the cafeteria? Just got out of the office.. They told me not to miss first period. Hehehe. So where are you? 

Oh dear, sounds something the office would say to her. 

To: Lee Jihyun
From: Oh Minyoung

Yeah, we're at the far end. Kind of at the corner of the cafeteria. Well, they're right. You shouldn't miss first period ;w; But I have some news to tell you too. I FINALLY made a new friend :D Someone who I can talk to and not feel all alone. So, I guess I have another friend :D 

A few seconds later, she replies. 

To: Oh Minyoung
From: Lee Jihyun

Really? That's really good Minyoung! It's been quite sometime :D I'm glad. (: Okay, I think.. I see you. I think. Not sure. See you in a sec. 

I look around and I spot her. I stand and flailing my arms so she could see me. I see her smile and she quickly comes to us. 

"Hi, you're finally here." I say. 
"Yeah, took me awhile. So many people here.." She replies. 
"Oh, Jihyun this is Heeyoung. Heeyoung, Jihyun." I state. 
"Hi, it's finally nice to meet one of Minyoung's new friends." Jihyun says. 
"The pleasure is all mine Jihyun. It's nice to meet you." Heeyoung states. 
"So, what did I miss in Biology?" Jihyun asks. 
"Oh, we're doing a project on animal and plant cells," I state "Do you mind if we work with Heeyoung?" 
"No, not at all. The more hands the better. We'll get it done on time." She says. All of us laugh and started eating our lunch. 

Lunch passes by within minutes. We talked and communicated better. It was nice. I usually never laugh that much unless Jihyun is telling me and embarrassing story of hers. Last period comes, and it's with Mr. Wu and her..


YESSSS. FINALLYYYYY. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH. SORRY GUYS! IM FINALLY ON BREAK SO. MORE UPDATES YAY. Hopefully I'm not dragged to go out because it is so cold oh my. It was -21 today but it felt like -28 oh my god. It was snowing too. ugh. ;w; but yesss. Winter break <3 Gotta do the 'last minute shopping' for Christmas. :DD omg the main image <3 i love that picture of kris omg ;w; he's so perfect ugh. <3 

Thank you for the new subbies~ (: I will update as soon as I can :DD How have you guys been? (: Comment belowwwwwwwww ;D I hope this chapters ok for you guys~ New characterrrrrrrr, Does she seem kind of weird? is she hiding something else? what if she was acting? oH SNAP. WE SHALL SEEEEE GUYSSSSSS. 

UNTIL NEXT TIME [: