Love Triangle

We are one big (happy?) family

Who would think Wonkyu would have a love triangle \(^3^)/

A/N: This was meant to be adorable and funny but I think I failed in that aspect. Do forgive the lousy writer if it doesn't tickle you.


 

Lee Teuk’s grin is wide enough to make his face looks as if it is split into two. The older kids are all in school, except for Siwon because his kindergarten has a day off today. That means Siwon will be at home today! That means there is someone to look after the baby!

 

What luck!

 

Just then Kyuhyun wanders into the kitchen blowing his lips making baby noises. “Ma…Ma…” he greeted with a series of shrill giggles.

 

“Good morning to you too, baby!” Lee Teuk replied as he stoops down to gather the toddler into his arms and heads for the bathroom.

 

Siwon and Ryeowook are brushing their teeth earnestly when they hear their umma calling. “Siwonnieeee….”

 

“Arg….ma…” Siwon replied with his mouth full of toothpaste suds. Lee Teuk walked in and deposits his youngest brother before him.

 

“Umma has some chores to do today. Would you watch baby for me?” Lee Teuk asks sweetly.

 

“Yes, umma!” Siwon replied brightly after rinsing his mouth and toothbrush.

 

Kyuhyun waddles towards his hyung’s outstretch arms, chuckling like a happy baby he is. “Good morning, Kyunnie.” Siwon greeted. Meanwhile Lee Teuk is making his way away with a gratified smile.

 

“@#$%^&*” Kyuhyun continues to natter as he waves his arms before Ryeowook’s face.

 

“What are you doing? You don’t know how to brush yet!” Ryeowook scolds angrily.

 

“@#$%^&*&*&^@$#@%” Kyuhyun’s blabbering grew shriller as he tries to seize the toothbrush out of his hyung’s hand.

 

Siwon looked on in alarm when Kyuhyun managed to snatch Ryeowook’s toothbrush and stick it into his mouth. A scrabble ensures as Ryeowook tries to grab hold of his toothbrush.

“Stop! Stop!” Siwon cried anxiously. “Let Kyunnie play with your toothbrush for a while.” He urged his stubborn younger brother.

 

“No! No! NOOO! That’s MY toothbrush!” Ryeowook shrieked crossly, slapping Kyuhyun’s flailing hands aside till he could get a grip of his toothbrush and pull it out of the baby’s mouth, in the process pushing the tot hard enough that he fell. Before Siwon could even begin to cringe, the baby is screeching and thrashing about.

 

Lee Teuk came running into the bathroom again. “Siwonnie, don’t make baby cry! You are the hyung, aren’t you?”

 

Siwon’s distressed face lit up with pride. “Yes, umma!” He promised. While the adult walked away, Siwon helped his baby brother onto his feet again.

 

“You want to brush your teeth too, Kyunnie?” Siwon asks.

 

“Um!” Kyuhyun replied sadly.

 

So Siwon line his own toothbrush with a little toothpaste and sit Kyuhyun down on his lap. Ryeowook looked the other way still brushing his own teeth zealously.

 

“Brush…brush…brush….” Siwon chants softly as he moves the toothbrush gently over Kyuhyun’s gums. “Does it feel good?”

 

“Um!” Kyuhyun replied happily, kicking his chubby legs excitedly.

 

Siwon beamed proudly but the next moment his face distorts in alarm again as Kyuhyun tries to swallow the suds in his mouth. “No!! Don’t eat it! Baby, spit it out! Spit it out!”

 

“@#$%^&&&&*%#^” Kyuhyun giggles and starts spitting the suds out at Siwon before turning to bestow Ryeowook a mouthful of suds too.

 

“Good baby, Kyunnie.” Siwon remarks in resignation as his baby brother continues to spit suds at him now that Ryeowook has finished his brushing and left the bathroom quickly.

 

“Ok, ok, Kyunnie can stop spitting now!”

 

“@#$%^&&” Kyuhyun gurgles merrily.

 

~@~

 

 

After lunch, Siwon and Ryeowook settle down to color with their crayons. Kyuhyun came dashing out from the bedroom where he was taking his nap. The unsteady toddler flew right on top of Siwon’s coloring book.

 

“Kyunnieee….” Siwon whined softly in protest but his baby brother has already begin rolling himself from Siwon to Ryeowook, successfully preventing both of his hyungs from further coloring.

 

While the baby giggles happily, Ryeowook is getting annoyed. He pushed his brother away everytime Kyuhyun comes near while all Siwon could do is stare helplessly.

 

“Stop it! Stop!” Ryeowook scolds as he tried to push the baby away from himself.

 

Kyuhyun stops his playing and sat up frowning. “OWWW!!!” Ryeowook starts to howl when the baby begins smacking him. “Owww! Stop! It hurts!” Ryewook complains while blindly wrestling for his book and crayons. When he found them, he hurriedly moved to the dining table but in the process of squeezing himself in, he knocked a chair over.

 

The strong rejection and the loud thud irritated Kyuhyun and he is bawling before Siwon could react.

 

Footsteps can be heard as Lee Teuk flew out of the laundry room upon hearing the commotion. The sight that greeted him was enough to stun him for the first few seconds. The living room floor is strewn with bits and pieces of paper torn from Siwon’s coloring book while the boy is sitting there looking scared to death. Ryeowook is seated with his back to the mess coloring with quiet determination while the baby is thrashing about on the floor amongst the mess screaming his lungs out.

 

“Poor baby….awww poor darling….hush now….” Lee Teuk coos as he bends down to gather the crying babe into his arms. Then he turned angrily to his frightened son. “Siwonnie! Didn’t I tell you not to make baby cry? Umma has a lot of chores to do today!”

 

Siwon turned to see if Ryeowook would speak up for him but the boy remained stubbornly turned away. “I’m sorry, Umma.” Siwon apologized with a note of resignation.

 

“I want this room cleaned up!” Lee Teuk said sternly.

 

“Please and thank you.” Ryeowook exclaimed loudly.

 

“I am not cleaning this mess up! You are!” Lee Teuk growled, successfully grabbing his wayward son’s attention at last.

 

“Wookie don’t wanna clean up.” Ryeowook replied, his brows pinched with determination. “I think it’s okay if I don’t want to.” He remarked coolly before returning to his coloring.

 

Lee Teuk should certainly be taken aback by his son’s words but Ryeowook is not known as “My pace boy” for nothing. Sensing the nerves in his head tightening, Lee Teuk turned to the distressed Siwon and put the now happy again baby down before the boy.

 

“Siwonnie, help umma to clean up, won’t you? Because you are the hyung.” Lee Teuk said sweetly and hurried away again.

 

Once again Siwon is puffed up with pride and he starts picking up the loose shreds of paper around him. He continues diligently around the room, righting the fallen chairs and putting the crayons back into their boxes.

 

“Hyung is cleaning well, right?” Siwon asks aloud at last but when he turned, he saw his two youngest brothers sitting before the tv watching cartoons, totally ignoring him.

 

A stab of unjustified ache went through Siwon’s little heart. How could his brothers treat him so unfairly. But then his umma’s words came to mind and he cheered up again. “Because I am the hyung!” He consoles himself as he continues cleaning up the rest of the mess.

 

 

~@~

 

Tea time came and Lee Teuk laid out two plates of cookies for his elder sons before returning to the kitchen to heat up a bottle of milk for the baby.

 

Siwon and Ryeowook sat at the dinner table eating their strawberry jam-filled cookies when a very loud, very shrill war cry can be heard. Their gluttony baby brother is dashing out from whichever corner he was playing before at the scent of cookies!

 

That gave Ryeowook enough warning to stuff all his cookies into his mouth. When Kyuhyun finally made his way to the table, Ryeowook is grinning triumphantly at having outwitted his annoying baby brother. Needless to say the baby isn’t pleased and loud cries soon permeated the room again.

 

“Siwonnie, don’t make Kyuhyun cry!” Lee Teuk shouts angrily from the kitchen. “You are the hyung, right?”

 

Siwon watched helplessly as his baby brother threw a tantrum. Then it strikes him to offer his remaining cookies to him. Watching Kyuhyun gobble down the cookies happily, he heaved a breath of relief.

 

When Lee Teuk walked into the dining room to check, he found Ryeowook and Kyuhyun dancing happily around the table while Siwon watched over them with a loving smile.

 

Siwonnie is such a dependable son…..Lee Teuk thought happily to himself. Kyuhyun can be a handful sometimes but Siwon is always on hand to take care of him. Out of all the brothers, Siwon clearly loved his baby brother the most.

 

~@~

 

 

Lee Teuk finished vacuuming the last room when the clock strikes 5. Cheering loudly that all his chores are done for the day, he fetched his wallet and recycle shopping bags.

 

“Time to go to the supermarket, kids!” He called merrily from the front entrance where he is putting on his shoes.

 

“Yeah!!!” Ryeowook shouts happily.

 

“We are coming, umma!” Siwon replied.

 

“Um! Um!” Kyuhyun mutters.

 

Lee Teuk waits for all 3 of them to reach where he is standing then open the door and lead the way out. Ryeowook slips into his sneakers and followed closely. Kyuhyun also slips into his baby shoes easily and hurried after but Siwon hesitated at the shoe cupboard trying to make up his mind which pair of sneakers he would like to wear today.

 

 

Meanwhile, Lee Teuk waited outside the door with his two youngest sons.

 

“@#$%^&*” Kyuhyun natters and swings a hand at Ryeowook.

 

“You want to hold hands?’ Ryeowook asks.

 

“%$#%^!%&^” Kyuhyun replied excitedly.

 

Ryeowook glared at his brother. “No.” He said stoically and walked to stand on the other side of his umma.

 

Lee Teuk watched in thoughtful silence. It seems Kyuhyun made up his mind that Ryeowook is the one who will always hold his hand, judging from how hard the baby is crying after being rejected.

 

“Hold your dongsaeng’s hand properly, Wookie.” He said at last.

 

Ryeowook made his way back to Kyuhyun’s side and took his hand. The crying stopped just in time for Siwon to join them.

 

“Kyunnie, let hyung hold this hand, okay?’ Siwon asks happily, stretching his hand out to his baby brother.

 

SMACK!

 

Lee Teuk’s jaw fell apart just as Siwon’s heart stopped.

 

What just happened????????

 

Kyuhyun had slapped Siwon’s proffered hand away. Lee Teuk is still frozen with surprise as Siwon burst into tears. “KYUNNIE HATE SIWONNIE!!!!!!”

 

While Siwon is crying his heart out and his umma is trying to pacify him, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun stood aside looking totally unaffected and absolutely blissful respectively.

 

“While you are at school, they are together at home all the time so they are used to each other more.” Lee Teuk tries to explain but Siwon wouldn’t stop crying.

 

Lee Teuk sighed heavily. He feels for Siwon too. While he offers Kyuhyun all his love, Ryeowook gets the attention.

 

Holding Siwon’s hand, the foursome walked to the supermarket in silence. Siwon is still nursing his grief while Kyuhyun is busy nattering to a disinterested Ryeowook.

 

Oh, baby, you should learn to appreciate the one who really loves you.