Kyunnie is da boss

We are one big (happy?) family

Kangin bit down on his lower lip as his spouse kissed him farewell on the cheek. He had to struggle with his inner self not to grovel with the other not to leave him……

 

With his brood of screaming, hyperactive, bratty…..offsprings.

 

But Lee Teuk deserves the day off, away from his demanding family. And so Kangin faked a weak smile as he waved the petite man out of the door.

 

The sound of the door closing felt sounded like a death bell trolling his doom. His face fell as he turned to look at his brood of kids behind him, really scary scenarios running in his mind already.

 

But as if on cue, all 6 of his kids stopped whatever mischief they could come up with on the living room couch and sat down in a row like perfect angels, blinking their big round eyes at their appa.

 

“I am not going to be taken in by your act.” Kangin mutters warily under his breath as his children waited quietly, bidding their time.

 

Feeling a tug on his pants, he looked down to find his nearly 2 year old beaming up a wholesome toothless grin at him. That adorable sight alone had Kangin abhorring his dark thoughts. “What are you thinking? You’re their father, for crying out loud.” Kangin mutters angrily to himself again.

 

Bending down to scoop the baby off the floor, Kyuhyun was all giggles and baby gibberish as he enjoys his appa’s tickles. Turning, Kangin turned to the rest of his wide-eyed offsprings and gave them a wide smile.

 

“Who wants ice cream?”

 

And then Kangin could no longer hear his thoughts as his children’s loud cheers flood the house.

 

 

 

“Yes, I’ve read the proposal.” Kangin confirms sternly into the mobile phone he has tightly clamped between his cheek and shoulder. “I need you to run those figures by me again, they don’t look right.”

 

After graciously giving the day off to his spouse, Kangin finds himself applying for leave from work so he could stay home with his brood. But that doesn’t mean he could pass the day without working. He is, afterall, caught in the middle of 3 ongoing projects in their critical phases.

 

“I know you said the numbers will be huge.” Kangin’s voice hardens steadily. “BUT they don’t feel right.”

 

 

 

“@#$%^&”

 

Kangin was momentarily distracted by a string of soft babyish mutterings behind him. Turning around slightly, he catches sight of Kyuhyun crawling merrily across the living room floor. The baby is wearing a wide grin and muttering to himself as he made his way steadily to the corner where the toy chest sits.

 

Kangin’s heart melted and his tone softens. “Yeah, yeah, you have till 11am to go through those figures.” He said absently before ending the call in a hurry. Going to his youngest, he scoops Kyuhyun into his arms and rub his nose against the baby’s. Kyuhyun giggle happily.

 

“Shall we get a snack, Kyukyu? Huh? Just the two of us, macho mucho to macho mucho.” Kangin hums as he walks into the kitchen. Kyuhyun replied with a string of happy giggles, kicking his chubby legs enthusiastically.

 

 

After a snack of apple slices and peanut butter for the little man and a cup of black coffee for his big daddy, Kangin place his son carefully into his playpen then start to make a call to his office assistant.

 

“Jae, what are the figures like now?” Kangin barked half-heartedly as he flashed a smile back at his baby boy. Kyuhyun’s face is completely obscured by his wide gummy grin. The mutterings at the other end of the phone caught his attention and focus on the nervous caller.

 

 

Kyuhyun reaches for his blue dino plushie and sinks his gums into its nose. That seems to amuse the little tyke and he burst into chuckles. The softness felt appetizing so he continues to gnaw at the doll mercilessly.

 

“What?!” Kangin’s loud outburst attracted Kyuhyun and the baby raised his head to look curiously, halting his torture of the toy. Something caught his attention and he stared as if in a trance.

 

Kangin begin to pace the length of the living room, gesturing wildly and speaking fast. When the person he was basically growling at did not understand him, he would stand still, his free arm on his hip and his expression stern as he speaks in a controlled snarl.

 

Unaware, a pair of eyes is watching him raptly from the corner with the utmost admiration.

 

 

“That’s not the way to do it!” Kangin barked irritatedly and paced out of the room breaking Kyuhyun’s trance. The little boy squeezed himself through a small gap in the playpen and crawl his way to the den where his brothers are playing with their toys. No one paid him any mind as Kyuhyun meander through them determinedly heading for the largest toy chest in the house.

 

The big yellow toy chest is almost 3 times as big as him, with big blue dots all over it. Kyuhyun is usually intimidated by it enough to stay away but not today. Today he’s a baby on a quest!

 

Pulling himself up by holding the sides, Kyuhyun teeter from side to side on feet he isn’t used to yet. By fluke he could look over the top of the chest and search for the item he has his mind on.

 

Digging….digging…..

 

“Yeah~” Kyuhyun cheers exuberantly when his little fingers closed around the item he wanted and pull it out. It’s a plastic toy mobile phone.

 

Pressing it onto his ear, he carefully widens his legs into a steady stance and put his hand on his hips. Then he starts to natter shrilly with the most pleased smile on his little face. Very soon he is attracting his brothers’ attention. Everyone stopped playing with their toys to look at the baby chattering happily to an imaginary person on the toy phone.

 

“He looks like Appa when he’s working!” Hyukjae exclaimed bursting into loud shrill giggles. His siblings, upon realization, looked at their maknae with newfound amazement.

 

 

Just then Kangin strode into the room, face scrunched tightly together with worry. “Boys, is baby with you?” he asks before he enters.

 

“Yes, Appa.” Sungmin replied dutifully.

 

Kangin breathed a sigh of relief as he finally enters and saw his brood all facing the same direction. Following their gaze, he broke into laughter.

 

“@#$%^&*” Kyuhyun continues to natter and giggle. “@@$#%^&*”