Appa vs Baby

We are one big (happy?) family

This morning, Kyuhyun, the baby of the family, woke up really early. In fact, he is so early, even his umma isn’t awake yet. But you see, he has a reason to be up so early.

 

His appa had promised to bring the whole family to Lotte World!

 

You are probably too old to understand why the toddler can be this excited, but try to see it from his point of view. Lots of rides he can go on, all those games to win cool toys and lots of candy floss and popcorn!

 

What is there not to be excited about? Right?

 

Kyuhyun lay in bed daydreaming about the day’s excursion, waiting for his umma to come wake him. But the more he lay the more excited he became. Eventually he decides, if everyone wake up earlier than usual that means they can leave for Lotte World earlier!

 

So the baby scrambles out of bed and went to his Wookie hyung’s side. “Hyung! Hyung! Wake up!”

 

The sleeping boy stirs from the vigorous shaking his arm is being subjected to  but he did not wake. Kyuhyun stopped shaking his arm after a while. He is out of breath and tired but his hyung did not look a bit affected at all.

 

Pouting, he ran to Siwon’s side and tickles the older boy’s nose. Again, his hyung murmurs drowsily, turned over and continue his sleep.

 

By now, Kyuhyun is not a happy baby. He stamps his foot and sulks but he isn’t ready to give up yet. Feeling his way in the dark; it’s afterall only 6 a.m., he made his way out of his room and went into the twins’ room where he proceeds to wake Donghae. That is a hyung who will oblige him, he is sure of it.

 

Donghae really did wake up and despite having to rub his eyes furiously to clear sleep from them, he left his bed quite willingly to wake Hyukjae. His twin woke up grumpy but was soon roped into waking everyone else.

 

 

A half hour later, all 9 brothers are wide awake. Some sullen still, some sleepy, all staring at their smug looking baby brother.

 

“You better have a good excuse for waking us up so early or I am tying you to the apple tree!’ Heechul threatens with a wide yawn.

 

Kyuhyun sticks his tongue out at his annoyed brother before explaining his theory to them. Unfortunately no one is buying his idea and if not for the appearance of Lee Teuk, Kyuhyun will probably be tightly bonded to the trunk of the apple tree in their backyard.

 

“Why are you up so early, boys?’ Lee Teuk asks in surprise.

 

“Babykyu woke us up.” Shindong complains.

 

“Umma, can we go to Lotte World earlier since we are already up?” Kyuhyun asks excitedly.

 

Lee Teuk chuckles as he stoops down to pull his youngest into his arms. Straightening up, he let the child perch on his arm. “No, honey. Your appa isn’t up yet. Besides, Lotte World doesn’t open till 10.”

 

“Dork!” Heechul snaps angrily while Shingdong and Hyukjae groan at their loss of sleep.

 

“Since all of you are up, why don’t you help umma prepare breakfast?” Lee Teuk suggests brightly. More groaning follows but he still herds them into the kitchen and dish out tasks for each boy.

 

“All your fault, dork!” Heechul grumbles as he fetches ingredients from the fridge with which the tiny one sticks his tongue out again defiantly.

 

 

It was sheer torture for Kyuhyun to wait for his Appa to wake up and then for them to sit through breakfast. At last it was time to get ready to leave and even changing was a torture to the tot. He was squirming while his umma tried to dress him.

 

And there is that agonizing journey to get there. Squeezed in the backseat between Shindong and Siwon, the little boy is constantly turning to his Siwon hyung and asking the older boy, “Are we there yet?”.

 

It was no surprise that everyone is relieved when they finally reached their destination. Kyuhyun clamor off his seat the moment the seatbelt of his baby car seat is released. Just as Kangin pulls the door open, the toddler has burst out from within.

 

“Stop running!” Kangin could be heard bellowing once the rest of his brood is free from the car. They were running after their baby brother in all possible directions.

 

Lee Teuk was also out and chasing after his baby while the Appa follows behind glowering.

 

Another 20 minutes had passed before all 9 children are round up and standing before their parents looking deceivingly obedient.

 

“Listen up! We shall start with the Tower of Terror!” Kangin proclaims. While Lee Teuk looked at him in horror, his sons are all ‘ooh-ing’ and ‘ahh-ing’ with innocent excitement. The appa drives his sons forward towards the queue before Lee Teuk could protest.  The umma could only follow reluctantly.

 

Hyung! Look! Look! Are we going up that high?” Kyuhyun jumps about excitedly.

 

“Baby, you can’t go with your hyungs. Stay here with umma.” Lee Teuk said holding onto the toddler’s rotund body.

 

“B-but why ~” Kyuhyun whimpers, tears already gathering in his eyes. “I want to go ~”

 

“That ride is too scary, baby. We’ll go on the merry go round and ferries wheel later.” Lee Teuk tries to coax the sulking child.

 

“But I wanna ~” Kyuhyun whines frantically as he watched forlornly at his elder brothers trooping into the structure eagerly.

 

“Baby.” Lee Teuk uses his firm ‘no nonsense’ voice and that killed the tantrum Kyuhyun was throwing. The toddler pouts silently as he watches the ride begins.

 

After 5 minutes, the ride stops and Kyuhyun waits impatiently for his hyungs to alight so he could ask them how it felt like.

 

Hyung! Hyung! How did it felt like up there?”

 

No one answered the persistent boy. On jelly legs they stumbled and fell, faces green and some retching. Lee Teuk’s jaw dropped in shock as Kangin walked towards him with an accomplished smirk on his face.

 

Hyung?” Kyuhyun pats Siwon’s back worriedly as the elder boy squat by a plant eyes wide and body shaking.

 

“You knew they will be frightened!” Lee Teuk said to his husband accusingly.

 

“Of course!” Kangin replied still smirking. “This way, they will not want to go on any more rides. Imagine all the money I saved today!”

 

“Oh, you are incorrigible!”  Lee Teuk scolds before going around to all his children to check and soothe them.

 

“I’m fine, baby.” Siwon mutters weakly after he recovers sufficiently to smile at his baby brother and hold his tiny hand again.

 

“NOW! What should we play next?’ Kangin teased as he ignored the look of disapproval his spouse is directing at him.

 

Feeble moans and groans answered him much to his satisfaction.

 

“So, that’s means no more rides, games or snacks for all you today!” Kangin continues merrily.

 

“Appa, can we go on the merry go round now?’ Kyuhyun’s tiny voice burst his bubble. Kangin nods begrudgingly.

 

Everyone stood watching as Kyuhyun got on a white steed with his umma by his side to hold him. Around and around they went, his hyungs’ doleful faces meeting him on every turn. Siwon insists on getting the horse next to him and he seems to be enjoying himself too as they shout ‘giddy up’ and made neighing noises, giggling in between.

 

Kyuhyun heads for candy floss cart next and asked for the biggest one. But after taking a big bite out of it, he passes it to Shindong.

 

“Shindong hyung hold it for me, I wanna go on the ferries wheel!” And off he ran with his umma closely behind him. Shindong stares dumbly at the confection in his hand and before he could stop himself, he has taken a bite out of it too. The others seeing him did it could no longer hold back their drool, began attacking the candy till all that’s left is the stick.

 

“Look what you did!” Shingdong whined. “Babykyu will cry when he comes back and the candy floss is gone!”

 

“You started it!” Hyukjae retorts before running away dragging Donghae with him. Shindong could only stare flabbergasted as the rest of his brothers amble away casually.

 

 

After the ferries wheel, Kyuhyun ran to the games stalls and pestered his Sungmin hyung to play a round of balloons shooting so he could win a prize. Sungmin’s jaw dropped in surprise before he ventured a timid look at his Appa.

 

“Go on then, win a prize for your baby brother.” Kangin gave his permission to the elated boy. Sungmin couldn’t help squealing in joy as he played his favorite game.

 

Next the toddler asked for popcorn and ate a mouthful before passing the bucket again to his hyungs to hold while he skipped away with Siwon holding his hand tightly. Needless to say the bucket was emptied pretty soon.

 

Kyuhyun queued up for the roller coaster and at the last minute gave his turn up to the twins. Then he was asking for soda pop and a hot dog which he passed to his hyungs again. By now, his hyungs are well into the routine of eating everything he passed them.

 

“Appa! Can I have a pair of kitty ears please?” Kyuhyun asks demurely when they pass the souvenirs shop. With a nod from Kangin, the little boy bound into the store and picked a pair of pink and white ones but instead of wearing it, he hands it over to Heechul to ‘hold it for him’. Heechul could be heard squealing softly as he tries them on and began admiring himself in his little pocket mirror.

 

At lunch, Kyuhyun asked for a huge 8 flavours ice cream sundae which of course he couldn’t finish and his hyungs promptly ate it all for him.  Then they were queuing for the petting zoo so Yesung and Ryeowook could play with the little animals with their baby brother.

 

“Appa! I want a pony ride!” Kyuhyun squeals happily when they passed the queue for live pony rides. And naturally the twins gets to go on with their baby brother

 

Lee Teuk and Kangin shared a secret smile as their baby boy yawned widely even before his usual naptime and whine for his appa to carry him, falling asleep almost immediately.

 

“It’s time to go home.” Lee Teuk announced noticing the yawns and drooping eyelids.

 

In the car filled with slumbering children, Kangin glanced at Kyuhyun snugly cuddled in his spouse’s arms before raising his eyes to meet his spouse. They shared a knowing smile.

 

 

Aigoo….my baby will be someone great when he grows up!

 

That kid ruined all my plans today!  AFAHERKKJHSDHG @#$%%&*^ smartass kid!