oo2

My Sweetest Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oo2

 

          One week of staying here in Seoul wasn't that bad. I had gained friends and I memorized the routes of the city. Well only the routes of going to the mall, market, Jessica’s place and the shop they owned. The feeling of being depressed left my body and bit by bit I’m starting to forget what happened few months ago. Hence I will never forget my mom.

I’m having a good time staying here and I hope it will last forever. No worries, no problems and just an ordinary girl living in a (foreign) city. But lets face the reality this won’t last long because I know on these following days, weeks or months I’ll get bump into one of my family and if that happened everything will change. Only if I recognize their faces and if they recognize me but I hardly doubt that.

Thinking about what will happen in the future will just stressed me out therefore I’ll savor every moment for now.

 

“Jae!” I heard one of the girls called my name. “Come down here for a bit!”

“Okay!” I shouted back making my way downstairs as I am told.

“What is it?” I asked Jessica.

“We’re going to buy some things for your room.” She answered.

I was settling my stuffs inside of my new home. Since Jessica’s parents will be home tomorrow. The old room upstairs was re-painted with cream walls. Aside from the fridge and small dining table the place was pretty empty. Jessica and Tiffany had to removed the bed and couches because they said it was old and very uncomfortable to use for which I find it fine.

“Just the two of us?”

Tiffany then wrapped her arm around my shoulders. “No, I’m coming with you girls since I need to go to the salon for mani padi and haricut as well.”

“Hurry back because Jae needs to bake the cupcakes later.” Sooyoung popped her head in the doorway to the kitchen. “It was a hit yesterday. Many people enjoyed eating it.” I nodded my head.

“Then lets go. Yoona, we’ll borrow your car.” Jessica took the keys from the counter and went out. I waved at Yoona and followed the two girls.

 

The ride wasn’t that long when we reached the mall in Myeongdeong. I held their hands since I was new with the place and there was no bag to hold on nor I can’t hold on their clothes.

We went straight where the appliances are and started to look around. There many beds to choose. Doubl-decked, king size, queen size, a sofa bed and etc. 

Tyere was this bed that caught my attentio. It wasn't small nor big, the size was just right. It was made of wood and the foam if perfect for my liking. It was higher than the other beds. Maybe because of the drawer under it (or not a drawer at all).

“Do you like this, Zoe?” I jumped in surprise when Jessica spoke behind me without my knowing. She looked at the price, “Oh its on 50 %  sale.” She grinned.

I looked around and the girls who is obsses with color pink is nowhere to be found, “Where’s Tiffany eonnie?”

“She went to the slaon first” she answered while she inspected the bed. “Excuse me.” Jessica called a staff for assistance.

The staff was explaining something to Jessica which I didn’t catch on since he was talking fast.

“This bed is also a two in one bed.” The staff informed.

“T-two in o-one bed?” I asked in a stuttered way... again.

The staff smiled at me and nodded his head. I know he find it funny but oh well. He then pulled the second bed under the first one. I thought it was a drawer.

“Oh that’s cute. Do you think so, Jae?” I only nodded with a smile.

'So that why its higher than the rest. It has another bed'

She turned to the staff. “We’ll get this one.” The then ushered Jessica to the counter where she will fill up something and also pay for the bed. “And also the couches over there.”

I wondered around as I waited for her. I stalked towards the couches she picked. It was three couches and simple. I checked the price and it was cheaper than the rest I saw. As expected from Jessica Jung.

I was looking around when a little boy caught my attention. He was playing with a ball. Throwing the ball up and catches it with his arms. I watched him as he enjoyed playing alone. His last throw was bit high making the ball bounced on his arms and rolled towards my direction. I pick it up and walked towards him. He hid behind the chair. I kneeled down to his level.

“Hello” I said in English. I handed him the ball while showed a kind smile. Not wanting to scare him away.

I waited till het get the ball from me. He was hesitating on getting it and I never stopped smiling because I want him to show that he can trust me. He is a kid after all and I'm a stranger to him.

It took few moments till he shyly get the ball from me. “K-kamsahanida no... noona.” He stuttered. Either his shy or his a foreigner. Either way, he's still cute.

“W-wanna play with me?” I asked. He only stared at me. “Play” I repeated and that time he nodded with a grin. I think he understood what I was saying. We were about to play but someone called the little boy.  

He bowed at me and ran off to the woman who is standing few meters away from us. Probably his mom. I stood up and watched the little boy ran to his mother. The woman looked at me with a serious face but smiled sweetly in the end. I returned the smile and bowed my head slightly, showing some respect to the older woman. He said something to his mother turned to me with a toothy grin. He waved goodbye before turning around, walking away with his mom.

I watched them as they walk out from the place. I heard the boy shouted a foreign word Gege and ran to someone. I only chuckled and watched them went off.

“What are you smiling at?” I felt someone poked my cheek which I already knew who it was.

I turn to look at Jessica and asked, “What’s the meaning of gege?”

“Gege? I think I heard that before.” She said while tapping her chin. She suddenly snapped her fingers. “Its a Chinese word and it mean hyung or oppa in korean.” I nodded. “Why?”

“I just heard it” I shrugged my shoulders. “Lets go to the salon where Tiffany eonnie is.”

 

"Hey girls!" Jessica greeted as we entered the salon.

"A-annyeong haseyo." I bowed with a smile.

"There you are again, being formal to us." I sat next to Tiffany whose getting her nails done at the moment. I only shrugged my shoulders and picked up a magazine.

"S-so who owns t-this salon?" I asked as I flipped the pages of the magazine.

"The one and only me." A tall girl with good curves walked towards us.

"Hello, Yuri eonnie." I smiled gave her a hug. "So t-this is where y-you go when your n-not w-with us." I went back to my seat.

She then leaned to my face, "Want to get pampered?" The corner of her tugged up and her eyes then turned into slit. Like she saw something interesting. "You know, I just noticed that your eyes are beautiful. Are you wearing any contacts?" I shook my head. "What exact color are they?"

My eye color are hazel brown that makes my face look innocent (what most people say). I don't usually make eye contacts to people especially to older ones. It makes me uncomfortable when people starting to notice about my eyes. Its feels like they're going to take it. Call me delusional but that’s how my mind thinks sometimes.

"I-Its.. I.." and here it goes my nervousness. I was rapidly blinking my eyes and tried to look somewhere else. Cat got my tong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter