Not an update

Killer Heir
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Okay, as the title says, this is not an update (sorry!).

In this chapter, I want to explain a few things (without spoiling anything, hopefully) and go over some things to refresh details that may be important for you to remember later on in the story. They will mostly be questions that you guys have not asked yet, or things that I ask myself and want to get straightened out. This is going to help me as much as it will help you, so please bear with me xD

First of all, I just want to say that writing this whole story is confusing and sometimes stressful because mystery (or whatever genre this is; you tell me) isn't my genre. I'm more of a angst/tragedy/romance writer and I wanted to try something new with this. It would be fine if I didn't have so much detail and intricate events/back stories planned. But it's fun ^^ Quite a change, I guess.

(Also, um... The reason this is called Killer Heir may not be what you think. You probably won't even be able to guess until later chapters)

Also want to say that every character's (except for Jaejoong, Nana etc) back story is important. By that, I mean T.O.P, Fei, Max and Gyuri, even Zitao and Yuri (though her part is slight).

Make sure you've read the previous 19 chapters before you read this, by the way. Or you'll get very confused.

Anyway, let's get this started.

Chapter 1:

Okay, so we find out here that Max has been working here for 12 years, and so has Fei (I don't exactly say it straight out, but when you find out later that Max was the first thief at CS and that Fei has been there 'as long as he can remember', it's probably safe to assume that she's been working there for just as long as he has). I suggest that you remember that number.

Also... I deleted the character profile in the foreword because I thought it looked a little annoying. But as for the characters' ages, Max is 25 (This is important. Remember it), Gyuri is 24, and all I can say about T.O.P and Fei is that they are older than both Max and Gyuri.

1. Why does T.O.P warn Max about Gyuri's reputation? Is it because he cares about Max and secretly wishes that he doesn't die?

No. He was just mocking Max, as if to taunt him by giving him an ambiguous warning about the fact that Gyuri is an assassin.

Always, always remember that the only person T.O.P loves is himself. There was a time when he was just like any other man and fell head over heels for a woman and loved her like no one else could, but that was a long time ago.

Now, to T.O.P, if he can't use you, he doesn't need you. Think of it like this: when you have a computer that runs smoothly, you love it. You pour your whole life into it, store stuff on it, and it's great. But when it breaks and you can't use it, you hate it. You hate it for deleting your stuff and not being good enough to continue operating. That's kind of how T.O.P thinks of people. When his function for them is no longer valid or able to benefit him, he doesn't want you. You're dead to him.

Max's case is different, in a way. He was the gateway to CS Industries, and T.O.P looks at him as more of an asset than a tool. But when Max is thought of as something more, the next in line for CS Industries' leadership position, T.O.P thinks of him differently. He doesn't want his power stolen away, and surprise surprise, the easiest way to fix that is to kill Max. Actually, if Max is dead, it's better than kicking him out because no one will ever come after T.O.P to claim CS, even after T.O.P himself is dead.

Okay, that was a long answer. Moving on...

Chapter 2:

Not much to say, really. I should probably explain the process CS thieves use to steal their contracted items. The way it works is they first gather information through observation. The things they're looking for is what kind of person their victim is, and from that, make educated assumptions as to what kind of protection they put their precious belongings under.

In this chapter, Max is still in the dark about Gyuri, so he's extra careful, treating her the way he should. What do I mean by 'the way he should', you may ask? Well, on their missions/jobs/thefts, the thieves aren't supposed to interact with their victims. So what you see in the later chapters, with all the Gyuri-Max interaction, isn't supposed to happen. (But Max doesn't really care, because his neck is on the chopping board and he needs answers, so interacting with Gyuri is inevitable).

Chapter 3:

2. Why did Max leave Yunho's car in the middle of an alley?

The question itself is not really important, but my answer is. So remember it when I say that the thieves aren't really supposed to interact with each other. Sure, they can exchange polite words, greetings, etc. But other than that, they're not really supposed to be friends, which is why Max can't be seen giving Yunho's car back to him.

3. The chain around Max's wrist? It seems to affect him a lot emotionally.

Yes, it's important. You'll notice that once or twice, Max thinks about why he's a thief in the first place, and touches on his past. His past is very, very important and ties everything together. All I'm going to say.

Oh, and the article. I like this line: The Ravenheart has reportedly been in the possession of unde

Please log in to read the full chapter