Get Out.

Spy On Me

Chapter 9

“Francesca Hill?”

I heard my name and opened my eyes. I had spent the night in a holding cell, and my back cracked as I sat back up.

“Yes?”

“Your mother is here to see you,”

“Finally…” I muttered, as I stood up and stretched.

I followed the officer into a room and saw Jenny sitting at the table across from Detective Simon. As soon as I stepped into the room, I already didn’t like what I was seeing.

They were laughing together. Like they were old friends.

Oh god…

As soon as he saw me, he cleared his throat and got out of his chair, and then excused himself as he left Jenny and I in the room alone.

“What was that?”

“Why didn’t you tell me that he was cute?”

“Because, mother, he was trying to charge me for assault,” I emphasized the word mother, as I knew there was probably someone listening to our conversation on the other side of the mirror. I sighed, and sat down, as I realised that there was no point in having that conversation at this certain point in time.

I leaned in close, and whispered, “What did Uncle Sam say?”

“Ahh…about that, they said to wait it out.”

“What?!” I yelled, but then looked around and then calmed myself.

“Uncle Sam’s friend looked into it, and there’s nothing really to suggest anything more than self-defense. The guy is awake now in hospital and will be discharged tomorrow at noon, they’ll pick him up then.” She then leaned back and continued to talk in a louder manner, “So until 3pm today, just sit tight.”

I stared at her incredulously. Is the FBI serious?! …This is so stupid.

“Oh and your boyfriend was looking for you last night.”

Boyfrie-? Oh. “Really? So he’s not sick anymore? That’s great.”

“Yeah, he’s safe at home. I just saw him on the way here. Everything’s fine.” She got ready to get up, “So just wait here like a good girl, and at around 3, Uncle Sam or his wife will come to pick you up.”

“Oh okay,” I got up and hugged her. “Thanks Jenny,” I whispered.

“Don’t mention it, Frannie,”

--------------------------------

“Your Uncle Sam is here to pick you up,”

Finally.

I got up and out of the cell. “Sorry for any of the inconvenience we caused,” The nice female officer said. I could only give her a nod and I walked into the lobby.

“Francessa,”

Oh wow.

“Uncle Sam,” I said happily, disguising my shock. He was young…and very handsome. “Thanks for picking me up,”

“Just sign this document, and you are free to go,”

“Thank you,” I picked up the pen, and signed the release form. “Let’s go,”

I smiled at my ‘Uncle Sam’, and walked out of the building with him. We stepped inside his car and immediately I turned to look at him.

“Anything wrong?”

“I consider having the police arrest you as something wrong,” He spoke firmly.

“They have no evidence, and you know eye-witness reports can be quite iffy.”

“Agent F,” He turned to face me, “Your role is very important,”

“Yes, I know. Protecting Jaejoong.”

“Yes and no,” He sighed, “The FBI is interested in capturing the group after Jaejoong too…that might raise our chances in finding Jungsun,”

The name sounded familiar, “Jungsun…as in his father?” I was shocked, “So he was kidnapped?”

“It seems so,”

Jaejoong’s face immediately came to mind. “Jaejoong doesn’t know anything about this, does he?”

He smirked, “Interested in your client, aren’t you?”

Flushed, I turned forward, “Just drive,”

He continued to smirk, but he started the car and drove away.

----------------------------

A/N: Not much to say, but comments?

aliceeyychan