Chapter 3

He's mine! [Discontinued until further notice]

"Kyungsoo, I've missed you!" 

 

Kyungsoo remained frozen in Junmyeon's arms, too surprised to react fast enough. "Uh... Junmyeon hyung, I--" The older male pulls away to cup his cheeks, taking in Kyungsoo's bare face. 

 

"It's been so long since anyone has called me 'Junmyeon'. I've heard 'Suho' for so long. Kyungsoo, what have you done to yourself?! Look at you! Your baby cheeks are all gone... And did you get shorter? Maybe I grew taller, but, wow, Kyungsoo. And you're like a stick! No meat on your bones! If I hadn't sent you those canned foods, you would have probably starved..."

 

Junmyeon continued to talk and dote on him, petting his hair and commenting on every detail that caught his eye. They transferred to a bench where Junmyeon kept saying over and over again 'look at you'. "How did this happen? Why aren't you living with your mother? I heard students gave you a nickname--'D.O.' What does that mean?"

 

"Stuff happened," Kyungsoo mumbled, uncomfortable with talking about his mother. D.O.!

 

D.O....!

 

Kyungsoo...!

 

"And it's just a silly name they gave me. It doesn't matter. What about you? How are you? Still involved with your... friends?" He wasn't sure how to go about it, since it was the reason why their relationship ended. But Junmyeon didn't seem offended in any way, almost as if he wanted to talk about their past. Kyungsoo gulped, not sure where this meeting would lead to.

 

"Yes, I couldn't leave them... But you know, a day has never gone by where I don't think of you. I tried looking for you everywhere. But they said your house was vacant and nobody has been living there for years and here you are! Miles away from home. But don't worry, you don't have to continue being homeless anymore, Kyungsoo. I'm going to take you in!" 

 

"Wait, what?" Junmyeon was bursting with elation, relieved to have found his ex-boyfriend. This was his chance to make up for their past! But Kyungsoo didn't find this relieving at all. In fact, he was even more worried. Did Junmyeon think he still liked him? 

 

"You're going to move in with me, Kyungsoo. No more living on the streets, stealing food and clothes or whatever. No more crappy life." Kyungsoo turned away, eyeballs threatening to rip out of their sockets. His thoughts were jumbled together and he could feel panic arising in his stomach. 

 

"J-junmyeon hyung, the past is the past. You know that, right?" His smile dissolved. "I mean, I've missed you too, but I don't think I feel the same way for you anymore... You're still dealing w-with..." 

 

Junmyeon doesn't allow him to finish his sentence. "I know, me being in a gang is the reason why we're like this, but I changed, Kyungsoo, really! I'm still in a gang, yes, but I'm not dealing drugs or taking any. I'm not robbing people's houses either, I swear." But you're bullying kids on the streets and letting your friends hurt them? 

 

"It doesn't matter if you don't like me anymore, I just want you safe, Kyungsoo. I want you off the streets. I can't let you continue living like this. It hurts me." Hurts you? Why? You were the one hurt, so why are you so generous? "Please consider this. Please." 

 

Kyungsoo tried, but he wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do. Junmyeon's offer sounded like the perfect getaway to paradise, and maybe Kyungsoo wouldn't have to worry about dying, but... Would it really be for the best? Would they be happy? 

 

"Please, Kyungsoo," Junmyeon persuades. "I messed up before, I wasn't able to take care of you. But now I can! Just give me a second change. And who knows? Maybe we can fall in love again. Wouldn't that be nice?" 

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. "You're too kind, hyung, but I don't think I will ever love you again..." Junmyeon sighed, but he continued to convince him. "Alright, but just give me another chance, hm?" 

 

Just then, as Kyungsoo prepared to make his decision, a dog comes running between them, jumping into his lap whilst barking crazily. Kyungsoo flinched from the multiple across his cheeks, a smile breaking out. "Kai? How did you...!" He picks him up to nuzzle his nose and kiss the top of his head. "You always manage to find me anywhere, huh? You shouldn't do that! You never know what could happen to you!"

 

Kai whines and just stares at him, eyes large as they pleaded for forgiveness. Kyungsoo caved in to the aegyo, partially glad that Kai came to interrupt his conversation to Junmyeon. It dawns on him that if he were to agree to Junmyeon's offer, then he'd have to bring Kai along, too. He couldn't leave Kai all alone!  

 

Junmyeon stands up as well, narrowing his eyes at the stray. "Is that the dog from before?"

 

"Yes, isn't he adorable?" The former's grimace said he didn't. "Well, if I agree to come with you, can I bring Kai along?" 

 

"Kai? You named it?" 

 

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, finding Junmyeon's reaction ridiculous. Was he not supposed to name his own dog? "He's mine. Why should I not? Can I? Please?"

 

Junmyeon shook his head, almost furiously. His eyebrows furrowed together to create wrinkles on his forehead, and he wouldn't take his glare off of the dog. "No." 

 

"Why not?" Kyungsoo stopped rocking Kai in his arms. It was just Kai. He wouldn't burden them in any way. He was a good dog, could never be a hassle. And he was a part of Kyungsoo. Where Kyungsoo goes, Kai does too.

 

"I don't like it. Didn't he bite my friend? I don't think Siwon would like living in the same as it." 

 

Kyungsoo raced to defend Kai. "Oh no, Junmyeon hyung, he only did that to protect me! He's well-behaved, I promise. He won't bite anyone anymore." 

 

"No," the older male repeats. "I don't want it to live with us." 

 

Kyungsoo frowned. "Well then I have to decline your offer, hyung. I'm not going anywhere without Kai." Junmyeon pointed at Kai, shaking his finger angrily at the stray. "See? Don't you see what it's done to you? You're so attached to the mutt! It's freaky, not normal, Kyungsoo. People will look at you weird."

 

"I don't care, Kai's my dog. I'm not ashamed of him." 

 

"Look, Kyungsoo, if you really want a dog so bad, I'll buy you a new one. A better looking one, much cuter." Kyungsoo gasped, covering Kai away from his view. "Kai is more than cute, thank you very much! Wai--hold on--Kai! Kai, come back! Where are you going?!" 

 

Kyungsoo lunged after Kai, who had jumped out of his arms and skidded into the busy streets. He doesn't get far because Junmyeon's holding him back. "Don't run after it, Kyungsoo. You don't need it, it's not important. Can the dog feed you? Keep you warm at night? It's not worth living this crappy life for a simple dog. Just come with me, I'll take care of you better." 

 

"Hyung..."

 

"How long do you think my gifts will last? You can't live off of them forever, Kyungsoo. It won't be long before it runs out and you and that mutt starve to death. Leave it. It won't live a happy life with you anyways. How can it? You can't offer the thing anything. Let it find a better owner, who can support it and love it--or whatever. Okay? Kyungsoo? Can you hear me? Do you understand what I'm saying?"

 

~~~~~

A/N: A little short something something to let you guys know I'm not dead! I made a deal with myself to spend weekends writing so I can update at least once a week, but I didn't last week. /: So I wanted to get this up for you guys! 

 

What will Kyungsoo's answer be? ;)