Chapter 18

He's mine! [Discontinued until further notice]

I'm going to warn you readers that this chapter may be confusing. Comment with any questions and I'll answer them! I hope I have written everything clearly... except for the ending part. Have fun digesting this chapter and I hope I have your imaginations running!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Boss!" 

 

 

Suho cranes his neck, waiting for the satisfying crack. He repeats the action on the other side, and even pauses to crack his knuckles. Finally, he looks at the person. "Did you find him?"

 

"Yes, boss, he found in a small city. He's staying with five other men in an apartment."

 

"Five?" He raises an eyebrow. What on earth...? Who the hell are these people? It couldn't be... They wouldn't. In no way would they even... But the dog. Jongin. Suho clears his throat. "And the dog?" 

 

"It's still with the boy, boss. They don't separate unless the boy is at work." Work? So he works now. Hm. "But last night the dog went to a shop and he's stayed there since. We haven't checked whether it came home yet." So Jongin is still with Kyungsoo. A wave of frustration hits shore, and Suho clenches his fists. This is not working out how he wanted. He has to get rid of him. He's only in the way.

 

It was hopeless. Suho thought his initial plan would work, but seeing as how things were turning out, it seems he made a mistake. Jongin has a lot of explaining to do--after all, Suho did lead him to the human. They weren't supposed to become so attached, they weren't even supposed to be together. It seems Jongin has his own way of playing tricks while under the curse. Still the same ol' Jokester. Just what are you planning, Jongin? Are you really trying to lift the curse? 

 

Suho contemplated his next decision. They made a deal; he wasn't going to back out just yet. First, he needs to speak with Jongin. 

 

"Give me the address of where he's staying. Oh, and where Kyungsoo's working as well." He thought again for a moment. "You spoke of this store that Jongin visited?" 

 

"It's called SM Charms and Collectibles. We couldn't check it out because the owner was always there. There was a sign outside about some discount on antiques." Ah-ha! So his suspicions were correct. Perhaps Kyungsoo is staying with them. 

 

Now Suho is positive where he wants to go. "Alright. Send in my assistant. I want you and the others to keep watch on both the apartment and store. If all goes well.... Maybe you can pay a visit to your families." He gives a wave of his hand and he's alone again. "Has my intentions been figured out? Is the King finally ready to face me? Ha! This is hilarious! I can't wait to see the others and see their reactions. They'll be so... surprised to see me." 

 

 

His assistant entered, and Suho proceeded to give him orders. He patiently waited until nighttime. Things just got way more interesting.

 

~~~~~

 

To say Kyungsoo was completely relieved was an understatement. He was beyond hurt to think that Kai would ever do such a thing, leaving him, but it devastated him even more that he couldn't talk to the dog about it. There was no way he could ask for answers and expect a coherent reply. For Pete's sake, Kai was a dog! And it was probably the first time Kyungsoo really thought of him as one. He mainly placed Kai under the category: family. He didn't particularly like the word 'pet' because it didn't fit Kai's personality. He was more than a friend, more than family. Kyungsoo couldn't explain it, couldn't place a finger on what he was. He just felt this strange connection to the dog, and separation only caused anxiety. 

 

It was disheartening to realize that although Kyungsoo put Kai on such a high pedestal, Kai probably only thought of him as an owner, shelter, a way to get food, and a bed for him to sleep. He felt dismay when he thought of Kai not returning his feelings. Kyungsoo liked to think he acted more than those things... that he meant a lot to the dog, that he was someone the dog would never want to leave. 

 

Too late. Kai already left once, and Kyungsoo was dreading the next moment. It was this fear that kept him glued to the dog's heels. Usually, Kai would follow him around, but ever since they got home, it was the opposite. Kyungsoo found himself enjoying Kai's little tour, memorizing the route, getting a glimpse of what Kai's day was like. 

 

Nine other males could only look at him with sympathy. 

 

"Poor human, he's obsessed," Jongdae tsk-ed. 

 

"He is not obsessed. Just... interested. Come on, does he look like he's ever had a puppy before?" Baekhyun gestured towards the human, whose confused expression mirrored a certain dog on his back, asking for a belly rub.

 

"He looks clueless," Yixing agreed. "But that still doesn't change things. What the heck is going on here? I thought you guys had a plan." 

 

"We did! And we went through with it!" Sehun exclaimed. He threw glares in Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's direction. "It's this idiot couple that got in the way and tried to fix things... for the human. We were totally fine with Jongin gone."

 

"YOU DID NOTHING," Baekhyun cried, throwing his hands up. "You three bafoons practically molested my baby, then took away his favorite toy! Like teasing an actual baby! And you," he pointed at Sehun, "were the one who insisted we help him look for Jongin because you, quote unquote, couldn't stand seeing him cry like that." More accusations were thrown across the room, followed by unneccessary and innappropriate gestures. 

 

"Alright, stop!" It was Luhan who stopped the chatter. "This is getting out of hand. Instead of arguing with each other, can we please find a way to fix what we did? Instead of moving one step forward, away from Jongin lifting the curse, we moved one step backward. Now, with Kyungsoo refusing to leave Jongin's side, there is an even higher chance of the curse breaking. There is absolutely no way we can let that happen." 

 

"He's right. I can only do so much to keep it. I'm sorry that he found a loophole, guys. I should have been more careful and casted a stronger spell." Zitao hung his head low. "If only I were a sorcerer like my mentor...." he mumbled. Yifan patted his shoulder, scolding him for blaming himself. 

 

"If anything, it's really none of our faults. If Jongin and Kyungsoo can't stay away from each other, maybe it's meant to be." He rolled his eyes at their uncomfortable expressions. "You guys are too thick-headed. We're talking about Jongin here. Our friend? Do you remember?" 

 

"Um, we're worrying about the possibility of the Jokester come back," Minseok answered. "Yeah, he was our friend, but he kind of ruined our friendship with all the pranks and ." 

 

"But those were just pranks. It's not as bad as Jun--"

 

"They still hurt people! Mentally and physically. The King was right in punishing him," Luhan argued. "He proved to be a danger to our people, and we acted on it. There is no going back. This is what is meant to happen. We knew from the beginning that Jongin was different. He has it in him, Yifan. You know... dark magic.

 

"We? Who's we? We as in us or we as in the Court?" Luhan sputtered, taken aback. "The Court can say whatever they like, but they only look at the benefits for themselves rather than the benefits for our community. They saw Jongin's magic to be intimidating, simply because it was dark. They deemed it posed a threat because although Jongin would never harm a fly, he was powerful. We all know what kind of magic Jongin owns. It's not completely black; half of it is pure. That is why I trust Jongin to make his own decisions. I know he's not a warlock*; he would never betray our planet. He was our friend. The Court doesn't because they think he could potentionally take over the throne. And then what would happen? He would reveal their indecencies and change the elected representatives." 

 

(" Warlock: Factual, non gender specific. 'Warlock means "oath breaker," and can be applied to either . A Warlock is someone who betrays the trust of a coven.' ")

 

"Which brings me to interrupt and note out loud that a person who is a warlock and really owns black magic is on the loose. Does the name Junmyeon ring a bell, anyone?" 

 

"Didn't he change his name to Sushi or something?" Jongdae joked. They all remember the warlock. He was the one who triggered Jongin into pranking.

 

"Suho."

 

"Right, that's what I said. Sushi. Wasn't he exiled?" 

 

Yixing sighed and rubbed his temples. Why am I friends with these idiots? "No, he was captured for betraying the King, then escaped. I'm kind of on a mission to contain him... So... We kind of need to speed that up and get back to our planet? Before Junmeyon does something bad? Because he kind of... vowed revenge before running away?" 

 

"Wow thanks for the heads up, Yixing!" Jongdae thumped his back rather harshly. "Here me and Minseok are watching over a human and a dog, bored and scared for our lives, while we could have been doing something way more productive--like chasing a warlock!" 

 

"Well, I'm sorry that I'm a old mage* who has to freaking deal with saving people's lives EVERY DAY that I can't freaking spare myself some time to find some stupid elixer or some to GET THIS DAMN WARLOCK." 

 

(" Mage:Factual - Non gender specific term. 'A mage is a shaman or medicine person ... Magic refers to the ritual activities of a mage ...' ")

 

"Are we forgetting that Kyungsoo and Jongin are in love with each other!!!!!!" Chanyeol whined. They all looked at him, most in a silent threat, one in awe ("Yifan, I still think he's dangerous. He broke my arm once and made me lose my visions four times!") 

 

"Well before you do your Junmeyon-hey-now-I'm-Sushi thing, let's focus on Jongin. I'm running out of errands and the King expects me to return any time soon. We have a festival coming up in a few months. Just... I don't know. Zitao study some more spells and Minseok and Jongdae keep a watch on him to make sure he's staying out of trouble." Luhan bit his lip, internally begging for forgiveness from the King. If he were to know that he was engaging in this kind of conflict... oh boy. 

 

"What do you think I've been doing for the past two years?! Having tea parties and reveling in ancient art?! No! I've been working my off to find a freaking spell that can prevent this from happening!" He frantically waves his arms around the room. "It's hard, okay?! Especially with this new loophole. There are thousands of books that I have yet to gone through and only so much time. If my mentor were still here, we wouldn't be having this problem!" 

 

"Zitao..." Yifan grasped his arm, to which Zitao shrugged off. "Jongin--he--it was an accident. Jongin feels guilty, he just don't know how to show it."

 

"It doesn't change what happened. Now I'm the great old wise guy, and the King has asked if I'm ready for an apprentice! I have not mastered all of the spells and chants! What the heck am I going to teach my apprentice?! And I'm not even that old!" His rageful fit had the others shifting in guilt. It was true; they pestered him to fix the problem when Zitao was in no position to obtain the knowledge. Just because he was a wizard*, they expected him to know what to do. 

 

(" 'Wizard: Factual. "Wizard" is a specifically masculine term, deriving from Anglo-Saxon "wysard": "wise one." A wizard is a lore-master, especially of arcane knowledge (hence such usages as "computer wizard"), as well as a magickal practitioner.' ")

 

"If only I were a sorcerer*..." he grumbled. 

 

(" 'Sorcerer: Fantasy. “A sorcerer is a natural spellcaster who gains the ability to use magic without formal study. Unlike a wizard a sorcerer does not haveto spend hours in study to leam to cast magic they get this ability with rest and reflection.' ")

 

"We're sorry, Tao. We didn't realize how burdensome it was for you. You're just... the only one who really knows what's going to happen. We're scared that's all. We won't pressure you anymore. We'll even help you look through the books. Chanyeol likes feeling the binds anyways." Baekhyun hugged him until something bothered his peripheral vision. 

 

"Kyungsoo, would you please just put him down for a moment?" Baekhyun glared at the mutt that had his filthy paws all over his baby. All of them were supposed to be having a productive meeting in his living room, but it was too distracting to talk with the human cooing at his pet every few seconds. He forced a smile when a small pout sprouted from the human. "Come on, Kai's back now and I'm sure he isn't going to leave again any time soon. We'll strap him down if we have to, okay? Just come join us." 

 

Kyungsoo reluctantly shifted Kai in his arms to place him on the floor, planting a kiss on his forehead once his paws touched the floor. "And stop kissing him!" Someone hollered. Kyungsoo blushed, sticking his tongue out in embarassment. He patted Kai's , watching him run over to the kitchen, presumely to finish his snack. "What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat and exchanged glances with his friends. What should they tell him first? He decided to go with the hopefully more safer subject. "Well, um, there's been a lookout for a guy, you know, uh, a wanted criminal, I guess?" Kyungsoo's expression remained blank. Chanyeol coughed again, laughing sheepishly at the awkward. "We just wanted to let you know so you'll be careful outside from now on." 

 

"Oh, okay. Thanks! I'll have Kai protect me!" His blinding smile had the others momentarily dazed. 

 

Yixing was the first to snap out of it, turning serious in a matter of seconds. "His name is Suho, and he is twenty three years old. He is the leader of an underground gang and has been disturbing the cities in this general sector. He's short, about 5'5 to 5'7, has pale skin, and blonde hair. If you see him, run away and immediately inform me." 

 

Kyungsoo nodded, but the criminal's name pricked the back of his mind. It was oddly familiar... as if he had said it several times before... Ah! "Suho? As in Kim Junmyeon?" All eyes were on him, alarmed.

 

"What, do you know him?" Kyungsoo blinks, unaware what was going through their heads.

 

"Yes, I know him. Junmyeon, right? He started calling himself Suho when he... became head of his gang." What? Impossible! Then that means...? 

 

"Y-yes, Junmyeon. But how?" Yixing found this unbelievable. For six years he's been searching for this jerk, and here comes this human who claims he knows him. What next? Jongin and him were in cahoots? Hah! 

 

"He... we..." the human blushed, suddenly becoming very shy. With a much quieter voice, he revealed that they dated for about a year in high school. At this, the other males appeared even more worried. 

 

"Did he hurt you? Did he hit you? TELL ME, KYUNGSOO."

 

"He didn't touch you, did you? Oh god, did you two kiss? Oh my god!"

 

"Did you feel weird at any time during the relationship? Like you were instantly happy? Dizzy? Can't remember some moments? Because if that did happen, he may have drugged you and taken advantage of you!" 

 

"No! N-nothing like that!" Kyungsoo defended, although he began blinking profusely. Rather than timid, he seemed nervous. That only encouraged them to curse Junmyeon in their minds--Yixing, particularly. "Then what happened? Why did you guys break up?" 

 

At this point, Yifan was nudging Zitao, asking why he didn't tell him about this. "[[You said his mom died in his first year of high school. You didn't say anything about Junmyeon.]]" 

 

"[[It works better when the other person is relaxed and probably less traumatized? Look, the human was jittery and a nervous wreck when he first came. He considered lying to me, obviously sending distrust along with his name. That kind of communication doesn't necessarily come across clear. It's like static, when a signal just isn't close enough. He wanted to hide some things. Not only from me, but from himself. His mother is a memory he doesn't want to forget. Something bad must have happened with Junmyeon. Let's listen to what he has to say.]]"

 

"He used to ask me out every day, saying things like he felt attracted me, to my kindness, my gentleness. He said he wouldn't stop until he had me. He said he needed me. I... I was only a ninth grader. I had only one friend, and he had other ones so we didn't hang out a lot. I guess I was lonely and wanted the attention." Kyungsoo wrung his wrists, afraid of their judgement. "I said yes after a few weeks, much to the school's surprise. He didn't really have a good reputation, because... the whole gang thing. Everyone was sort of aware because he liked to bully the lower classmen. He was mean, and that's why at first I rejected him."

 

"Did you like him when you agreed to go out with him?" It was hard for Yixing to believe that Junmyeon would genuinely like someone. Attraction, yes. He was a jerk, always found breaking hearts amusing. There must have been a reason for him to target a human like Kyungsoo. He must have had a motive. He saw Kyungsoo and found some use for him, then acted upon it. Yixing knew it had to be that. 

 

"It was very shocking. I didn't have classes with him at all. I saw him in the hallways picking on other students and disliked him. I hate people who do that--hurt other people. It's not right. They wouldn't like if someone were to do it to them, would they?" Yixing grimaced. If only he knew about Jongin.... "Anyways, he first saw me during my gym class. He was skipping class and he saw me sitting on the bleachers. He asked why I was sitting there, and I figured he would try to bully so I was tough with him. 

 

"He l-liked that. He said he liked that I was small but had big words. He said he admired me and that I inspired him. When he began dating, he was very nice, much to the school's suspicion and shock. Why was the Kim Junmyeon walking invisible Do Kyungsoo to class? He still shoved kids into their lockers and skipped class to smoke on the roof, but he walked me to every class and made me sit in the cafeteria with him during lunch. He drove me home after school, and soon began driving me to school when he found out I took the bus every morning.

 

"My mother wanted to meet him, wanted to know who this person was that was stealing her son." Kyungsoo laughed, and only Yifan and Zitao knew why it sounded so distant. At this point, Kai sensed something wrong and headed towards his owner. He invited himself to sit on Kyungsoo's lap, resting his chin on his thigh, thigh thumping against the other one. When Kyungsoo's hand reached down to his back, he sneakily turned around, silently asking for a belly rub. Kyungsoo's smile grew more real, but he had to continue his story. "I told Junmyeon, but he refused, saying she wouldn't like him. I found out why after a few days. Junmyeon was irritated when I asked him about his job in the gang. I had tried several times to get him to quit, to stop because education was important and maybe my mom would accept him more. He was angry and... and..." 

 

"He hit you?" Baekhyun guessed, fuming. 

 

"No! He hurt himself. He got into fights and managed all the deal and dealers, emphasized his role within the gang. He said he was important, that they needed him, and that I was to either stand by and support him or he would leave me on the streets. I didn't understand then, what he meant." Kyungsoo's bitter laugh echoed in the living room, giving the other nine men goosebumps.

 

"He reeled you in, kept you cuffed to his side, and made sure you said nothing as he did all the dirty work next to you," Yixing concluded.

 

The human was suprised. "Yes, exactly. No matter how much I wished for him to turn back on those awful things, he only worked harder to prove that he was... bad."

 

"You were his little prize, his purity ring. As long as you were by his side, you were a symbol of his innocence, his wanting to get better. But he only got worse and you slowly regretted your decision to say yes. You wanted out." How did Yixing know all of this? He's heard this before. Junmyeon was no mastermind behind his ridiculous acts. Earth only allowed him to repeat his dirty deeds without anyone noticing. He was a bigtime jerk. Yixing wish he hadn't studied this warlock so indemptly.

 

"He threatened to throw me away if I didn't introduce him to my mother. I did. She knew he wasn't a good student, but she let me date him anyway. She just wanted me to be happy, but I wasn't. I stopped being happy, stopped enjoying his presence. He realized this and tried to change himself around me. He was nice again, but only in front of me. He apologized almost every day, got me gifts that would have costed me a limb. I was slowly becoming disinterested and afraid. 

 

"My mother saw this. She disapproved and told me to break it off, that it was endangering my health and it saddened her to see me with him. I told her I was afraid, told her I could get hurt if I tried to leave. So I stayed. I think... I think she talked to him. I'm not sure. She never told me anything. Junmyeon, who by now had changed his name to Suho, was suspiciously kinder. He was constantly asking me to forgive him, to see that he was changing for the better, becoming good again. 

 

"I started to believe him until I saw heard something downstairs one night. I had told Junmyeon that I would spend the night at my friend's house, but my mother was sick so I returned home early. Junmyeon didn't know. He didn't know that I was on the stairs when he... when...." Kyungsoo's hand stopped rubbing Kai's fur. He looked at a spot on the floor, unsure how to word the next event. 

 

"He killed her." Zitao locked eyes with Kyungsoo. Strangely, Kyungsoo felt that he knew. Kyungsoo has held this in for so long; there was no one to talk to, no one to turn to except Kai. He felt alone, then suddenly not alone. He had nine other people here listening, rooting for him. He had Kai, whom stayed by his side during the toughest times of his life. 

 

"Not directly. He threatened her, scared her. He told her to leave our relationship alone. He said that whatever he did behind my back was none of her business. My mother told me I couldn't see him anymore and made me stay home. She was so fear-stricken; I was too. I didn't want to face him, to have to pretend to smile and laugh while the gun on his hip pressed into mine. We only kissed a few times, and I stopped completely after what I witnessed. He noticed.

 

"When I went home one day, my mom was in the garden. Her gloved hands were shaking. Her lips were as pale as her skin, white and void of blood. For the first time, I noticed wrinkles on her forehead, around her eyes, next to her nose. She looked at me, held my face, held me to her chest, and cried. I cried too, although I didn't know why. I feared for us both. Junmyeon's gang must have frightened her badly. They must have continuously been bothering her because when we went to the hospital, she refused to talk to the police or receive therapy treatment. She... she was so scared that she had a heart attack. I never saw her again." It dawned on them that his mother died and instantly they were trying to comfort him.

 

But Kyungsoo wasn't crying. He didn't express anger or guilt or fear. "I confronted him, asked Junmyeon what happened and why he did it. He pretended he didn't know, but by then I was lost and forgotten. He didn't abandon me, I ran from him. He didn't follow because he knew that I knew the truth." Kai barked, reminding Kyungsoo of their latest encounter with him. 

 

"Oh! When I was living in my al--my old home, I kind of stumbled across him again." 

 

"Sushi?" Jongdae asked. Kyungsoo blinked at him, then laughed. 

 

"Yes. Um, he was kind though. He sent me a lot of stuff. We met up, much to Kai's disappointment, sorry baby, and he tried to convince me to live with him. I refused and he was upset. He said this was my last chance, so I'm assuming he won't be bothering me anymore."

 

"No, Kyungsoo, you have to be more careful," Yixing warned. "There must be a reason why he keeps coming back to you. This person is heartless; he's cruel and he hurts people. He can't be trusted. You did good in refusing him, but the fact that you've met him twice is unusual. You have to stay with one of us at all times. If he comes back, it won't be pretty. You're probably the only person who's ever ran away from him before he's able to taste their tears. He going to feel that missing piece, regret that he let you go, frustrated that he can't control everyone. This is serious. You need to be more careful and wary of this person. Do you understand, Kyungsoo?"

 

"Y-yes. I'm sorry, I didn't know. He was just a high school student from another classroom. I didn't know... Oh no, what have I gotten myself into? How can I bring Kai into this?" The human hugged his dog to his chest, wide eyes asking for help. He endangered his other half. 

 

The others look at Kai. The curse is still lingering in the back of their minds. Kyungsoo's safety is important, but so is their planet's. What are they going to do about Jongin? 

 

Yixing's skin is itching. He's so close to finding out Junmyeon's whereabouts. He can ask Baekhyun where the human used to live and search for him from there. It's his luck that the human knew who the warlock is, and now he feels closer to accomplishing what he came here to do. Yixing watches Kai and Kyungsoo play, feeling guilt build in his abdomen as they interact. Kai has seen Junmyeon. They probably even met before Kyungsoo found him. If so, then Kai must know a lot more than the human.

 

. If they have met before Kyungsoo, then does that mean Kai's feelings for Kyungsoo isn't real? 

 

He watches Kyungsoo scold the dog, then kiss it and go back to playing. It's obvious they love each other. The curse requires a different kind of love though, and if Kyungsoo manages to break it, there's no telling what Jongin will do after. Will he leave Kyungsoo, somehow outwitting the curse? Or will he stay, proving that he's changed?

 

Yixing is ashamed when a thought crosses his mind; he had just wished that the curse was broken so that he could talk to Jongin about Junmyeon. His planet must be so disappointed in him. With a heavy heart, Yixing doesn't dare speak to the others. He clambers onto their makeshift bed in the middle of Chanyeol's living room and sleeps with guilt streaming down his face in the form of sweat. 

 

When Kyungsoo finally manages to drag Kai to bed, he chuckles as the puppy is fast asleep just moments after they're tucked in. He knew that Kai was tired, especially after the day's events. He himself feels exhausted. He woke up without his other half, but is now sleeping with him once again. Not only that, but he had to relive his high school years over again. To think that he ended up on the streets after he involved his own mother into gang-related activities. To this day, Kyungsoo still blames himself. 

 

And maybe Kai knows that and feels bad because he's awfully close to his chest, continuously pressing further and further even though he's sleeping. Kyungsoo finds it too adorable and kisses the top of his head. "I love you, you know?" Kai of course doesn't respond. That sparks something within his owner. 

 

Kyungsoo sighs, body sinking deeper within the sheets. He nuzzles against soft fur, feeling tears spring from his eyes. He tries to stop because it's stupid for him to cry. It's just... Kai is so small against him. He's so vulnerable and small as a dog. Kyungsoo doesn't know if he's capable of protecting him. For the past half year, it's been the other way around, but Kyungsoo is guilty that he can't take care of himself. He isn't used to this, protecting others. He couldn't protect his mother or himself. He's dragged his only family left inside this whole dangerous mess. 

 

He's scared. Kyungsoo is scared and he wishes he were small like Kai so he could just run away from his problems. He wishes that Kai were bigger so he could do the protecting instead and Kyungsoo wouldn't have to worry about him getting hurt. Kai would do a much better job at this than him. He's be strong and tall, and when they sleep, his arms would be around Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo blushed as he envisioned this. 

 

"What am I saying? I'm going crazy. You're just a dog... and you're driving me crazy." Oh my god, what is wrong with me? Am I confessing to a dog? Jesus christ, I really am crazy. This thought scares him because he thinks he might be really going insane here and he's worried about Kai's and everyone else's safety. This causes him to cry even more because just imagining any of them hurt is making his heart spasm. He holds Kai impossibly closer, kissing the fur as an apology. He silently promises that he won't be crazy anymore, as long as Kai stays here with him, by his side. 

 

It's pitch dark, and Kyungsoo is hugging a dog. He doesn't have a family. He doesn't have a high school degree. He has nine friends on the other side of the wall, but he doesn't really know how to act around them. He hasn't experienced love, and isn't sure what it's supposed to feel like. He has an inkling that it might feel a little like how much he cares for Kai... it might be similiar to how much it hurts when he wants Kai's attention and love, but worries that it doesn't exist.

 

With this thought, Kyungsoo is torn and conflicted. "If you were a human being, I'd marry you in a second, Kai." One kiss. "If you were human, it would be so much easier for me to love you." Two kisses. "But I still love you nonetheless." Three kisses. "I wish you were human so that we could understand each other... so then I'd be assured that you feel the same way too... that you love me too." 

 

Kai shuffles closer to the warmth. In his dreams, he's murmuring I love you, Kyungsoo. I love you, Kyungsoo. I love you, Kyungsoo. 

 

He has a very vivid dream that he's back to normal and holding Kyungsoo in his arms in their bed, deep in slumber. Afraid to wake up and disrupt his fantasy, Jongin continues sleeping, humming blissfully. In his dream he kisses Kyungsoo's forehead, and the smaller male sighs contentedly.