Strangers in the Mall

You're the Appa; I'm the Other Appa?

Okay....I don't think that he'll easily stop tormenting me just because of a car crash. It just isn't that way.

 

Anyway, today is the sixth day. Fine day Saturday. Nothing big happened yesterday, and I got home the other night. Sungmin wasn't really hurt by Siwon, nor ZhouMi. Kyumin is safe with Sungmin, and the Yewook couple is also alright. I'm glad that they're not really touched by the religious money freak. Because if he dares hurt my friends and family, I'll send that Choi Siwon to the worst pits of hell. Today, I'm planning to take Kyumin and Sungmin out to...maybe our last date together.

But first, I have to talk to Sungmin.

 

"That can't be, Oppa!!"

Tears welled up in Sungmin's eyes. I can't bear to see him in this state. I held his hand and looked at him. "Look...I can't take care of that kid. We have to send him to the orphanage. Kyumin will receive better care there than here. It's...Kyumin is not safe with us. I have Siwon and ZhouMi running for my head." I myself tried to keep sober. I don't really believe it but....... I love Kyumin now. And this decision is hard for me too.

"Kyuhyun-ah...you know you can be a good father to him. You know that," Sungmin started crying. I hugged him and let him cry on my chest. I his back gently and he hugged back, crying louder. "Oppa, I will not allow this. Please let Kyumin stay. Please....?" he looked at me with red teary eyes. Please don't look at me like that Sungmin... I sighed and looked down. I shook my head. I'm really sorry Sungmin....but I am the father here, and I make the final decisions. I don't want this either, but...

"Look Sungmin, I just want the best for Kyumin. I want our son to have a good life. Not this riot of a life we are having because of Siwon and ZhouMi--" "This is your fault Oppa because you stole that ring!!" Sungmin said. He got a point. "Ani. Look, I did not steal it. I bought it at a higher price." We continued arguing, and arguing, and arguing. Until we came up with a decision.

 

"Hyung.... Are you really going to send me to the orphanage?" Kyumin asked, tugging on the hem of Sungmin's shirt. I watched as the latter just shrugged and watched the television. The kid kept nagging but still, Sungmin stayed quiet. I sighed and sat beside Sungmin. Kyumin got annoyed and laid down his head on my boyfriend's lap. "Hyung, will you leave me tomorrow? Please don't put me to the orphanage.... I wanna be with you~!"

Tears started falling down Sungmin's face. He wiped them away and looked at Kyumin with a forced smile.

"K-Kyumin-ah.....you know we also want to be with you...but it's just not safe here anymore... We.... Dino Hyung and I.. We're just doing this for your sake you now..." Sungmin smiled sweetly, still, with tears falling down his cheeks uncontrollably. I looked down and fidgeted with my fingers. Kyumin shook his head. "Ani.... This isn't real right Hyung? Tell me that you're just joking.... Sungmin hyung I wanna be with you!!" The poor kid sobbed and sat up on Sungmin's lap. He buried his face in Sungmin's chest and kept sobbing.

I stood up. "Oppa where are you going?" Sungmin asked. I shrugged and started walking to my room. "I was just thinking of taking two kids to the mall....but maybe you're all tired and sad, so maybe--"

"Aniyo hyung!!" Kyumin stood up and wiped his tears. "Let's go to the mall today!!" He jumped up and down and ran towards me. I let out a small chuckle and looked at Kyumin. Then I looked at Sungmin, and he looked back at me. Hrs still had that sad face and I can't bear to see him. He forced a smile and wiped his tears. He stood up and went upstairs. "I'm just going to get dressed. Oppa and Kyumin wait for me ne?" He ran upstairs and we both watched him. I know he's still crying behind that smile.......I just know.

"Dino-hyung, dress me up~" Kyumin said all of a sudden, extending his hand to me. I smiled and hoisted him up. We both went to my room where there was a smaller closet, one that belonged to Kyumin. I looked at the kid and made him sit on his bed - the one I asked Young hyung for help about....it arrived yesterday.... Anyway, Kyumin complied and watched me crouch in front of his cabinet. I took a set of clothes for him. It was really quiet when the kid suddenly spoke up, "A-Appa...." I froze in my position and stared at the pile of clothes in his cabinet. He spoke again, "Kyuhyun Appa...."

I slowly turned my head to him. "Kyumin-ah..." Unbeknownst to me, tears were already falling down from my eyes. I pursed my lips and crawled to him and pulled the little kid for a hug. Time flies fast. Even my mind does. Last Sunday I hate Kyumin. And today, Saturday, I can't even believe I am starting to love this kid. I buried my face in his shoulders and started weeping. "Kyumin-ah.... That's right, I'm your Appa..."

 

 

"Kyumin-ah, you want this?" Sungmin said happily as he held a small turtle plush. Kyumin nodded and jumped up and down in his place. I chuckled and took my wallet out. "Oppa can we buy this for Kyumin?" Sungmin asked and jutting his lower lip out. The unnatural aegyo was unbearable and I dawned over his cuteness. I smiled widely and nodded. "Of course we can. I'll pay~!!" I said excitedly and Sungmin gave the kid his turtle. Kyumin gratefully took it and hugged it tight. He smiled at Sungmin then at me. He winked and I laughed.

"Kyumin-ah, what are you going to name him?" Sungmin asked.

"Hmm......Hyung, I'll name this turtle Sho!" he beamed and showed us a wide smile that seemed to light my whole day. I chuckled and went to the counter and paid for it. "Okay~ But why Sho?" I asked. He shrugged and kept staring at the turtle.

[A/N: Sho is just the name of my BEST FRIEND rock. Yes, a rock. *weeps* *forever alone*]

"Hyung~" He nudged Sungmin's thigh and Sungmin looked at him. *wonders* He smiled widely again and told Sungmin a sentence that I think I'm going to regret forever in my whole life even after I die. "Sungmin hyung, don't worry about me. Sho will be here for me when you both send me to the orphanage tomorrow." Aish, the kid makes it sound like his life in the orphanage will be miserable. Jinjja, he already lived there for five years.

I bit my lower lily and shrugged it off my shoulders. That decision is final and--

And is that ZhouMi I'm seeing right now here in this mall?

Yes it is ZhouMi!! But he's a whole lot different right now - he wasn't wearing anything spy-ish, just a light denim skinny jeans. He was also sporting some suit-like top, and brown boots - athat emphasized a pair of long legs. Bleh, he has long legs, my Sungmin has a cute . *smirk* Anyway, I frowned and tried to look away, but I saw him smile like a normal human being - I'm not trying to say that he's an alien. Anyway, he was with someone. The other person was shorter by a few centimeters, and he was cute.

"Oppa what are you looking at?" Sungmin suddenly spoke up. Hul~ I averted my eyes from the strangers in the mall and looked at Sungmin. "I was looking at ZhouMi. He didn't seem bad to me. Do you..... Do you wanna go to him?" I asked. Sungmin bit his lip and nodded. Kyumin tilted his head. "Dino hyung what are you talking about? Is it the two ahjussis right there?" He pointed tks ZhouMi and his other kid. I nodded slowly. Kyumin smiled widely and jumped up and down.

"What's the matter Kyumin?" Sungmin asked.

"Hyung, that's ZhouMi sunbae!"

ZhouMi.......hyung....?

"ZhouMi sunbae~" Kyumin said excitedly as he ran to the strangers. Before he got to them, the smaller one bid goodbye to ZhouMi and ran off somewhere. ZhouMi nodded and smiled widely upon seeing Kyumin and he kneeled to my son's level and ruffled his hair. I walked towards them, but ZhouMi didn't notice me. "Hey Kyumin.....how are you?" He said with a genuine smile on his face. I think I softened a bit inside, especially on my impressions about him. "You're fine? How are your new parents? You didn't bid me goodbye when you were leaving...."

"Aniyo sunbae, you were asleep so I didn't want to disturb you...."

"Aigoo you talk like a ten year old Kyumin.....how are your new parents?"

At this question, I moved in a little closer and pulled Sungmin with me. We made sure to keep our distance and listened. I hope ZhouMi won't do anything bad or I'll have to kick him in between his long legs. And that will hurt, I know. Kyumin punched me once there. Anyway, I heard them talking still. "Sunbae, how are you in the orphanage?" "Aniyo..... Someone gave me a home and a job. He's a really good hyung. I'll let you meet him sometimes-- Omo, who's the turtle?" he pointed to Sho and Kyumin smiled widely.

"Sunbae, his name is Sho. He's my guardian turtle, and he'a going to be by my side when I return to the orphanage~" Kyumin nodded. I see.... So he already accepted our plan to send him back. "Sho? What a unique name..... Wait, you're going back to the orphanage?! Wae?" ZhouMi asked. Kyumin grinned and shrugged. "Maybe Appa can't take care of me anymore......" he then said, suddenly looking down. I felt my heart ache at his words. 

I walked to them. Sungmin followed me behind and held my hand. I cleared my throat with a loud AHEM - loud enough to catch their attention. ZhouMi looked up at me and frowned. "So...what brings you here?" He asked. I chuckled and shrugged. "I don't know either, maybe it's just the fact that you're talking to my son..." I said, and the assassin stood up with a confused look on his face. "You're his father, eh?" I nodded at his question and he let out a hearty laugh. 

"Fine, I'll report this to Siwon Hyungnim and soon," he said, walking towards me. "I'll kill you," he whispered to me. I scoffed and started to turn away, but then he suddenly grabbed me by my arm and turned me to face him. "Listen, I changed my mind. I'll beg Hyungnim to leave you alone, if you don't send Kyumin back to the orphanage." 

My eyes widened. What a deal..... I thought to myself. But then, if I keep Kyumin, they'll all leave me alone. And we'll get to have a peaceful life. I scoffed at him and looked him in his eyes.

[A/N: *music playing* JONAS BROTHERS WHEN YOU LOOK ME IN THE EYES XD]

"Is this some kind of deal?" I asked. 

"No. It's a request."

My eyes widened. Kyumin went to us and looked up at me. "Dino-hyung, what's wrong? Do you now ZhouMi sunbae? How about you sunbae? You know Dino-Hyung?" He asked. I looked down at him and kneeled on one knee. I ruffled the kid's hair and smiled. "Now now Kyumin, I'll buy you a delicious food later, and you just play with Minnie-hyung, okay?" I told him. Kyumin nodded and looked at ZhouMi. "Bye bye sunbae, and visit me in the orphanage, okay??"

ZhouMi nodded and smiled. "Okay then, have fun with M-Minnie, okay?" He said, his voice suddenly shaky.

 

So....we're here in a fast food chain, and I'm eating - hehehe, ZhouMi's treat. ANYWAY...

"So why are we here?" I asked. ZhouMi looked at me intently. "So.... Look, I really care for Kyumin. I know you can see that. When I frist found out that he was adopted just last week, I was happy for him. Don't send him back to the orphanage, that's all I ask of you," he said. I chuckled. "Kyumin will receive better care in the orphanage than in my hands. He can't live with me."

"But you have your boyfriend with you. He can take care of Kyumin. Just..... Life in the orphanage is hard as well.. Don't let him live alone... There's no one else to accompany him in the orphanage. Please.... Cho Kyuhyun, I'll do anything, just.... Don't  send him back."

To my surprise, he got off his seat and kneeled in front of me. I was shocked. "Yah, get up." I urged him. But much to my dismay,he shook his head and said, "No... Until you tell me that you'll keep Kyumin, I won't stand up. Until you tell me that you'll keep Kyumin, w-we'll continue chasing after you."

I sighed hopelessly and kneeled on one knee and grabbed ZhouMi by his hair. Then I pulled on his hair, making him face me. "Are you sure about your second statement?"

ZhouMi nodded. "Yes, I'll tell Siwon Hyungnim to leave you alone, you and your family. And I'll quit being an assassin, I'll.... I'll just leave in Canada with Henry, away from Hyungnim. I'll also be the one to look for a ring for Hyungnim - I'll do those if you promise me to give Kyumin a happy life. Give him a life with parents to look after him. Make him happy, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi. This I beg of you..." he said, bowing his head even lower if it was possible. 

I see... Then I guess I don't have any other choice.

"Dont worry ZhouMi, I promise that I'll keep Kyumin," I said with a smile and ruffled his hair. ZhouMi got up and bowed. "Thank you."

 

 

A/N: Hiya guise, primsat21 here~~ ^^

so....here we are, on the SECOND TO THE LAST CHAPTER of the story.  I told you in the foreword, this story will be short, right?

anyway, thanks for reading~

what do you think of the chappie?

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE, AND IF POSSIBLE, UPVOTE; I DO NOT LIKE SILENT READERS.