Washing Dishes

The Dormitory

 [Siwon POV]

In a matter of minutes, we were able to arrive by the gate and, just like what Kibum had said, there was a man outside. “H…help me,” he muttered. We all looked at him. Kibum immediately kicked open the gate. Yunho, Kangin and I ran to the man’s side. When we got a better look at him, we could see that he was bleeding. It wasn’t anything fatal though, thank goodness.

We took him to the infirmary. “Sir, what happened?” Yunho asked the man. He flinched when the cotton came in contact with his wound. “I was involved in an accident. I managed to walk all the way here,” he told us. We all nodded and dropped the subject. Yunho and Kangin decided to stay by the man’s side while Kibum left and went back to his room. I decided to go back to the cafeteria.

Jaejoong and Hankyung were the only ones left. “What was it?” Hankyung asked me, concerned over the matter, yes, but cold towards me. “There was a man, he was wounded but it wasn’t fatal. He’s in the infirmary with Yunho and Kangin.” Jaejoong sighed in relief and left towards the infirmary. It was only Hankyung and I who were left in the huge cafeteria.

 I decided to help him out. He was standing by the counter, clearly surprised by my presence. “What are you doing here?” he asked me. I cocked an eyebrow. Was he oblivious or what? “I’m helping you,” I simply said. He was about to protest but decided to drop the subject and returned to washing the dishes quietly. Only the sound of the running water could be heard.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked him when we were drying the dishes. “I’m doing this because no one else would…” “You know that’s not what I meant.” I interrupted him. He accidentally dropped the place, causing it to break into small pieces. Taken aback, he knelt down and picked up the pieces. “Aish, you’ll get hurt if you do it like that,” I told him.

I finished picking up the glass pieces and saw him standing up with his head down. “Wae?” I asked him. He shook his head and walked away but I was able to hold his arm. “Wae?” he asked me. He looked up and I caught his gaze. “Why are…you crying?” “Why are you doing this, Siwon? Wae?” he asked me as he fell down on the floor. I tilted his head and saw his eyes, almost pleading. He stood up and walked away. I ran after him. “Kajima!” I yelled out.

Just as he was about to go out the door, I caught up to him and hugged him from behind. “Wae? Why are you doing this to me? Do you want me to get hurt? Do you really want me to get hurt that much, Choi Siwon?” he asked me. I felt weak, seeing him crying, hearing him speak, I let go of him. “Mianhada,” I muttered. “Sorry, sorry is never enough,” he said one last time before he dashed to his dorm. I watched as his figure disappeared.

The moment it was gone, I felt something hot and wet fall onto my cheeks. ‘Tears?’ I thought. I allowed them to flow before I wiped my face. I looked at my reflection on the door’s glass. Still the same face, even after 1 year. The same face that made Hankyung hate me. The face that made the person I love turn his back on me. “I’m pathetic,” I said as I was standing up.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!”

End of Chapter 2. Isn’t Geng’s and Siwon’s story sad? But, what happened to them before?