Bonus Chapter 1 - The perfect match

The enemy kingdom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi guys, it's me again [I'm talkative these days u.u]

So, to those who don't know, this 3 bonus chapters I'm posting are three pre-histories of my fic, showing how SuDO, Jongkey and Baekyeol were formed, before the fic began. It’s not going to be a sequel as you can see [ though I may or may not make references to a future after 2min's and Baekyeol's marriage, Idk, still thinking about it...]

So, for now, I hope you all enjoy this little bonus taste ^^

 

_____________________________________________

 

 

 The perfect match

 

 

 

The royal garden of the reign of D was the prettiest the young men ever encountered, and was nothing like the green garden his parents had in their castle in F. D’s garden was enormous, full of beautifully cut trees and colorful flowers, and there were angel sculptures placed here and there to complete the visual. Some butterflies flew around giving it a magical feeling. To be there was almost like being in an enchanted garden.

Kyungsoo inhaled the pure air deeply, closing his eyes and enjoying the weak sun rays of the late afternoon. A bird came from the castle, passed flying by him and sat on the bird house nearby. The young ran to it and checked, with a huge smile on his face, that there was a message attached to the bird’s feet.

 

“I’m thinking about you.

                            Suho.”

 

Kyungsoo's heart skipped a bit when he read that; he tittered and his face turned red.

Suho had been his secret lover since the first spring his parents brought him over to the reign of D. Their reigns were actually neighboring kingdoms and his and Suho’s parents were really good friends, so the boys used to play together during all of their childhood. That until they realized they were in love with each other, and their love had been growing for five years now, until Suho’s 16º birthday.

Suho’s real name was Joonmyun but, as neither of them wanted their parents to find out about their romance, they decided to create nicknames for each other so they could send messages through the message pigeons of the palace. This way, if someone intercepted their notes, they would have no clue who they were from.

 

“What about me?”

               

He wrote on the back of the paper, signing “D.O.” at the very edge of the note. Then he stuck it again on the bird’s leg, fanning it in the direction of the castle. Not much latter the bird returned and Kyungsoo quickly read the note.

 

“About your beauty and your shiny eyes...

  And everything else about you.

PS: I knew you would be at the garden!”

 

Kyungsoo smiled. Joonmyun knew how much he adored the garden and that’s why he sent the bird there.

“I was thinking about you too” He wrote. “Are you done with your chores? Can we meet?”

-Yes, we can. – Joonmyun’s voice came from behind him and he jolted.

-Do you wanna die? Scaring me like this… - He whined and Joonmyun laughed.

-You are cute when you are scared. Your eyes get even bigger.

-Stop it, you know I hate my eyes.

-Your eyes are beautiful. – Joonmyun assured him. – And so is the rest of you.

Kyungsoo blushed and held Joonmyun’s hands tenderly, shaking them slightly.

-D.O.?

Suho called and the young hummed questionably.

-Be my secret lover tonight?

Kyungsoo became instantly red, but nodded shyly. Last summer, when they were saying their goodbyes, they had decided they would have their first kiss on the next time they saw each other. And that was the time.

Joonmyun pulled Kyungsoo inside of the castle, and they quickly climbed up the stairs to one of the castle's common room. Joonmyun closed the door and they sat on the upholstered, not sure on how to start.

Then Joonmyun leaned over and gave the other man a quick kiss on his cheek, making it so both of them were flushed and unable to look at each other.

Both Kyungsoo and Joonmyun were very innocent yet and their so called romance was resumed to holding each other hands and kissing on the cheek. They thought about kissing on the lips, but were afraid of what the other would think if they did, if the other would want it.

At that moment, Joonmyun took his hand to his pocket and grabbed something.

-Here. – He passed Kyungsoo a small object. – I spent days looking for the perfect one.

-A stone? – Kyungsoo eyed the little polished rock in his hand with a puzzled look. – From a garden full of beautiful flowers you give me a stone?

-Flowers die quickly. – Joonmyun told him, his coy smile never leaving his face. – This rock instead, will last to the rest of our lives. Just as my love for you.

Kyungsoo blushed even more. He didn’t even know his face could get this hot until now. He his lips gathering courage and then finally grasped Joonmyun by his nape and kissed him.

Joonmyun’s eyes opened wide and his body froze. As Kyungsoo started moving his lips against his though, the young slowly closed his eyes and awkwardly placed his hands around the other's waist, experiencing the weird sensation of his first kiss.

It was sloppy and uneven, but they didn’t care. The important thing was to know they wanted to kiss each other; how the kiss would get better was something they would work on latter.

They broke the kiss and chuckled at each other’s dazzled faces. And then they kissed again.

 

><><><><><><><><>< 

 

After kissing, the young men lay down on the upholstered, chatting and being romantic in their own way. Kyungsoo was really tired and ended up sleeping right in there. Joonmyun, for his turn, fell asleep as he Kyungsoo’s hair, and his hand rested on his nape as both resonated softly in their sleep.

At very late night there were shouts coming from outside and smoke entering the open windows, but it was only when their door burst open that the princes woke up of a jolt.

A maid entered the room in visible alarm and hurry, her face reddened and her breath in gasps. -My princes, my princes come with me! - She called, pulling both by their arms.

-What’s happening? – Kyungsoo asked as they ran outside.

-There’s no time your highness, come. – The maid rushed him, leading them downstairs.

The atrium of the castle, as well as the dining room, was in uproar and both the young men wiped their heads around, looking for their parents. The maid led them into the kitchen, where a male servant waited for them.

-Here they are. – The woman said, fanning the princes towards him.

The man opened a door that lead into the back of the castle. -Let’s go boys, there’s a war out there and we don’t have much time.

-Where are we to go? – Kyungsoo asked.

-Where are our parents? – Joonmyun asked.

-It’s ok. - The maid said, pushing them towards the door. – Your parents are fighting out there and we are taking you to the kingdom of K.

-Kingdom of K? – Joonmyun frowned as they went outside to the tumult of the night. He was sure he heard something about that kingdom before.

-Yes, my prince, to your uncle’s castle.

-Damn it! – The servant swore a couple of times before he turned to the maid. – The carriage is damaged, we have to find another in the other side.

Both the young men and the maid looked to where the man was pointing to see the wreckage of a carriage.

-It’s alright, come this way. – The maid took them back inside and they passed through a corridor, and the dining room, and the lobby, and they could hear the war outside, the screams and shouts and the weapons clinging against shields and other weapons. And there was the smoke, of course. Something must be on fire, something really big.

Kyungsoo reached for Joonmyun’s hand and the older entwined his fingers with Kyungsoo’s. –It’s going to be ok.

He whispered to the man as they approached the huge front window.

-With your permission, my prince. - The servant grabbed Joonmyun’s other hand, before giving them their instructions. They were to follow him and not to let go of each other’s hands. If he needed to stop and fight, the princes and the maid were to run the fastest they could to the carriage.

They nodded, understanding, and the man opened the glass window. The noise immediately got louder and their hearts bit even faster. They were scared.

The servant pulled them out and they began to ran, aiming for the other side of the atrium.

The war was in its full vigor and the young men felt sick by the images they saw and looked away, trying not to think of what was happening. The maid followed behind them and she constantly hurried the princes, but they were getting out of breath and the servant handed Joonmyun to the maid.

-I’ll prepare the carriage, come quickly. – He said and ran in front of them.

-Come on, we are almost there. – She pulled on Joonmyun’s hands and they panted behind her.

Four men who fought with swords and axes entered their way, and the maid pulled them to the left, which was a miserable choice, because they ran into a circle of war.

Now there were men around them, fighting, sending streams of their powers, and sometimes falling to the ground, dead or not, and the princes would be crying already if they weren’t so terrified.

-Suho! – Kyungsoo screamed and Joonmyun felt his boyfriend’s hand was slipping from his. He held Kyungsoo’s hand even tighter and turned his head to see the young’s father pulling him the other way. The man was in his full armor, an arrow in his hand and there was blood over his chest and helmet.

-Kyungsoo, come! – The man screamed, but the man shook his head.

-I want to stay with Joonmyun dad, come this way, come with us to the carriage.

-There’s no time for this, I’m taking you home. – Kyungsoo’s father picked him up and threw him over his shoulder and, as he did, the princes’ hands broke apart.

He started to take Kyungsoo away and the young shouted for Joonmyun.

-Suho! Suho, come with us! – He begged and the young let go of the maid’s hand, running after Kyungsoo’s father.

Someone grabbed him by the arm though and he turned to see the older of his fathers’ reddened face. The man was in armor as well, the sword in his right hand covered in blood and he yelled at Joonmyun, telling him to go with the servants.

Joonmyun shook his head and his father pulled him to the carriage. The maid entered it too and held the young by his waist. The servant was already on the coachman sit, ready to leave.

-They are going to take you to my brother’s castle, your uncle, understand? He is going to take you in and take care of you.

-But what about you and dad? – Joonmyun cried and the man shook his head before placing a small kiss on the young’s forehead.

-Be safe, my son. – He told him, closing the carriage’s door and locking it from outside. – GO! – He ordered the coachmen and then went back to the confusion of the war.

-FATHER, NO! – Joonmyun reached for him, tears starting to stream down his face when he understood what was to happen. The carriage started moving and the maid pulled the window closed as well.

-Let me out, let me out! – He screamed, kicking and punching. – My parents are still there, they have to come!

-They’ll come later, my darling. – The woman told him. – They’ll meet you in your uncle’s castle.

-No, we can’t leave them here, we have to find them and Kyungsoo!

-Kyungsoo’s father will take care of him, he will be just fine.

The prince still cried and kicked but she held him tightly, caressing his hair and nape soothingly until he calmed down. She thought the young would cry himself to sleep eventually, but he still sobbed for most part of the night.

When the sun was appearing on the horizon the maid couldn’t take anymore and fell asleep, snoring against the soft cushion of the carriage. Joonmyun still lay on her lap, holding tightly to her legs not to fall to the floor with every shook of the carriage.

Three hours later Joonmyun heard the horses stopping and he sat down, looking through the window and checking they were in a small village somewhere and the servant was asking for a place where he could trade his horse. And so he did, he left his horse there to eat and rest and bought a couple of new and completely rested thoroughbreds, apart from water and food, all with the money the king gave him to take care of the prince.

He opened the carriage and Joonmyun glanced at him with sleepy eyes. He placed the huge bag of food under the sits and waked the maid up. The woman pulled the prince out of her lap gently before she got down from the carriage and sat on the coachman sit as the servant lay inside to rest.

Joonmyun watched the man sleep on the bench opposite to his as the woman led the horses out of the village and back to the dirt road on the way to the kingdom of K.

He was still awake for more than a couple of hours until his body won over his mind and he fell asleep on the soft bench.

 

><><><><><><>< 

 

             

Joonmyun stirred out of his sleep and blinked a couple of times, not really wanting to wake up.

-Welcome back to life, lad. – He heard a masculine voice calling and he finally opened his eyes to see a cup of water right in front of his nose. He sat down and quickly drank all the liquid, so thirsty he was.

-Are we there already? – He asked and the man chuckled.

-Not even near, lad.

-How long have I been sleeping?

-Almost for a couple of days, I think. – He said and Joonmyun gasped. - We switched the driving about four times already and you were still asleep. I was starting to worry.

-And where are we now?

The servant pulled the curtain and took a look outside. And then he gasped.

-Hey! – He called the maid, knocking on the little communication window.

The woman opened the window and hummed questionably.

-This is the wrong path! – The man sounded exasperated. - We need to get in the direction of the…

-I know a better and faster way to take the prince.

-What do you mean?

-There’s a village of teleporters near here.

-How do you know that?

-I know because my brother is a teleporter; me and my parents used to visit him here a lot.

-You think they can teleport the prince? Should we trust them?

She laughed at those questions. – They are the ones who need to trust us, not the contraire. We are lucky if they decide to let us in, but if they do, the prince is saved. – She turned around and saw Joonmyun blinking at her. – My prince, if we are lucky, the teleporters will take you to the castle. Don’t be afraid and know this, you can always trust the word of a teleporter.

Joonmyun nodded at her, then leaned against the window, opening the curtain and looking at the beautiful forest outside as the servant leaned down to rest again.

Soon the forest was thick enough not to let the horses and carriage through, so they had to abandon it and continue their path on foot.

-Are you sure about this? – The man kept asking until the maid, leaving her lady-like features behind, yelled him to shut up and walk to what Joonmyun chuckled softly.

The woman smiled to the young man she was taking by the hand. He looked so tired and heart broken, but he still followed her through the difficult path of the forest without even complaining once. Even if young, still one true prince.

She looked up to see a clearer and she smiled.

-We are close. – She announced and the young instantly got more aware, looking for the village she spoke about. But there were only mountains once they got out of the forest and he tilted his head.

-So, where is it? – The servant asked, annoyed and she pointed to the top of the mountains.

-Up there. We just have to find a gate keeper.

The servant eyed her suspiciously, but still followed as she started to go round the mountain.

Sure enough, there was a man sitting somewhere along the feet of the mountain and to say he looked bored was too little. He looked like he would stab himself repeatedly with a dagger, if that meant he didn’t need to sit there anymore.

They approached and the servant went to the man.

-Excuse me, is this the teleporter’s village mountain?

The man made a face, but stood up and bowed his head lightly to the man. -I’m Kim Heechul, I’m the gate keeper for today. What do you people want with the teleporters? – He said and he didn’t sound anywhere near being pleased. When he looked at the maid, however, he sighed. – Oh, it’s you.

-I need to speak with my brother, Heechul.

-Park In-Young, last time you were here you got Eeteuk mad as hell, and he let his anger out on all of us. – He said, and he sounded skeptical.

-I know, and I’m terribly sorry for that, I’ll apologize to my brother and to all of you, but I really need your help, not for me, but for this boy.

Heechul glanced at the skinny teenager and tilted his head. The poor thing looked like he hadn’t slept and ate in days and had a miserable face on. And that was more than enough to soften Heechul’s heart.

-What’s wrong with this boy? – He asked.

-He is the prince of the kingdom of D; his parents are at a war and we saved him. We need to take him to the kingdom of K, but the road is full of bandits and wild animals an….

-And we could take him. – Heechul nodded. – I’ll talk to the leader, and I’ll be right back to get you two.

He kneeled in front of the young but, when the man tried to get his hands, Joonmyun flinched.

-Don’t worry, my prince, we’ll take you home. – Heechul told him in a soothing voice. - Trust me?

Joonmyun glanced over to the maid, remembering what she told him and he let his hands fall over Heechul’s.

And then they were at a village.

Joonmyun wiped his head around, gawking. He knew there were people with this kind of power around, but didn’t know how awesome it would be like actually teleporting.

-Come with me. – Heechul called and they directed themselves to a wooden chalet.

Heechul didn’t even knock on the door before he entered, finding a brownish haired young man sitting on a couch as a round faced brunet man sat on a chair in front of him, explaining him about some problem that needed fixing on the village. Both men turned their heads questionably to the pair at the door.

The man on the couch sighed. -Heechul, can’t you knock?

-I need to speak with you. – He ignored the leader’s words and stepped in. – Stay here. – He told Joonmyun and the young stopped near the door, watching as Heechul pulled the man from the couch and quickly whispered something to him, to what the man answered with more whispering.

While the men were talking, Joonmyun’s attention was drawn to the man sitting patiently on the chair. He was wearing a dark overcoat and had black hair and eyes, and his soft features denounced he was the youngest among the three teleporters, being probably around the same age as Joomyun, between his seventeen or eighteen years. It didn’t matter to Joonmyun, because, age excluded, that was one of the most beautiful men the young had ever seen.

The young man in the chair glanced over to Joonmyun and their eyes crossed. He smiled softly and waved to the young. Joonmyun waved back, trying his best to smile as well. Then the man, realizing Heechul would take some time with the leader, got up from his chair and addressed the other.

-Hey there. – He said, approaching. – I’m Sungmin. What’s your name?

-Joonmyun. – He answered shyly.

-That’s a pretty different name. – Sungmin noted. - You must be from a kingdom far from here. – He said and the young confirmed with a nod.

-I’m from D. – He said, and Sungmin was about to ask what he was doing so far from home when he heard Eeteuk calling for him.

-I’ll be right back. – He told the young and went near the other men.

They exchanged a couple of words and then Joonmyun heard the leader of the teleporters telling Heechul to bring his sister and the man with her up the mountain, and Sungmin to take the prince to his house and feed him something.

But before Sungmin did, Eeteuk approached Joonmyun and presented himself properly as the leader of the teleporters, assuring him he would be safe there and he just needed some time before they took him to K.

The truth behind this was that Eeteuk was really young himself too; there was an older man who lead the village before him and Eeteuk just became the leader, not too long ago, so he wasn’t sure what to do right away, he had to ask the others.

Therefore, once he was sure the young was calmer, he went away and Sungmin grabbed Joonmyun’s arm. They were instantly in another chalet, a smaller, but more comfortab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter