After the storm

The enemy kingdom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sehun kept his eyes closed, waiting to feel the swords crossing his body, but then he realized nothing happened and everything was too quiet. Without quite understanding the situation, he opened his eyes slightly. With great surprise, he realized he was no longer in the tent or even on the camp of M, but rather in a sort of desert. He looked around somewhat intrigued.

There was really nothing there beyond sun and sand as far as the eye could see, and he stood on his knees, wiping the dust from his clothes with his hands. He had, after all, a strange theory of what might have happened.

He believed that perhaps Kai had teleported the two of them from the camp, but as he didn’t know that place, he wasn’t sure if that was what happened. Besides, Kai couldn’t teleport with nothing bigger than a watermelon, who would say a man of stature equal to his own.

-Kai? - He called, looking around. Soon he spotted the beautiful silhouette of the brunette thrown in the sand close to him and he smiled. – Wake up, lazy!

There was no answer, however, and his smile faded.

-Kai…? Kai?! - Sehun crawled to the barely conscious body of the young. – Are you ok?

-I think so... – The brunette’s voice was weak, but he still opened his eyes to see Sehun approaching. – I’m so tired... Where are we?

Sehun looked around to the miles and miles of sand to lose sight of and shook his head.

-It looks like a desert. You don’t know where you brought us?

Kai shook his head. -I just wanted to get us out of there. I wasn’t thinking on a specific place...

-By the way, how did you do that? - Sehun held Kai's face with one hand and caressed his cheek with his thumb. – How did you manage to teleport us both here?

-I don’t know Sehunnie… I just... did.

-That was awesome! - Sehun  exclaimed proudly before gently kissing Kai’s lips. – I wish you had seen the faces of the guards when we were disappearing; it was almost as if... Kai?

The brunette had his eyes closed and his breathing and heart rate decreased drastically. Sehun shook him lightly hoping to wake him up again.

-Kai, please, not here, not in the middle of the desert...

Kai opened his eyes again and Sehun approached his lips to the brunette’s ear, to make sure that he would listen to him.

-Leave me here, Kai, leave me here and teleport to the castle, they will take care of you there, go, quick.

-No. - Kai's voice was just a thread. – If I go I might not be able to come back.

-Shh. – Sehun laid a finger on Kai’s lips to prevent him from spending his strength. – Don’t argue with me and do what I told you, go, before it's too late.

-Sehunnie... - Kai whispered and then his eyes closed and he stopped breathing while his heart was slowly stopping beating.

-Kai? KAI?!

Sehun tried to revive him by blowing air into his mouth and pounding on his chest with his hands, but he didn’t know what was going on with Kai and wasn’t sure if that would work. Nevertheless he continued, not wanting to believe it would end like that, that Kai would die in his arms in the middle of an unknown desert and, worse than that, because of him! No, it couldn’t be like that.

-Wake up... – He muttered, while pulsing even harder. – Kai, quit being a lazy bastard and wake up NOW! No...

He let his head fall on Kai’s chest and abundant tears fell from his eyes. What had he done?

A familiar snap of teleportation reached his ears and he raised his head, confused. Kai was there, then who could be teleporting behind him?

He turned and came face to face with a swarthy, tall and strong man, with feisty features. He approached and pushed Sehun to the side, making the young fall into the hot desert sand.

-Hey! - Did the blonde, but couldn’t really get angry with the man. At that time, Kai was more important. - Would you know what to d...?

-Be quiet. – The man ordered with a deep and powerful voice. Sehun fell silent as the man knelt and picked up Kai’s unconscious body in his muscular arms. - I didn’t come to fetch you.

-It doesn’t matter. – Sehun got up, panting. – You can teleport as well... You will take care of him, won’t you? Please...

The man nodded his head slightly and then, without further ado, disappeared, slightly moving the sand under his feet while doing it, and leaving Sehun handed to his own fate in the vastness of the unknown desert.

 

><><><><><><>< 

 

Kai woke up of a jump after a nightmare in which he plummeted off a cliff and never seemed to stop falling. He sat down, panting, and looked around, bewildered.

He was lying on a soft bed in a modestly decorated wooden chalet. The radiant sunlight streamed through the open windows illuminating the place and making his eyes ache. The cabin was a sort of combination between kitchen, living room and bedroom and on the opposite side of the bed, a cauldron of soup simmered over a wood burning stove.

Pushing the covers with his feet, Kai got up carefully not to step on the floor with his hurt foot. Except his foot wasn’t hurting anymore.

He looked down to see that his wound had been treated and properly wrapped up in a tight curative.

He tried to get up and was amazed to not feel so much pain when he stepped anymore. That felt really good.

He headed to a door that, he thought, led to the bathroom, but it was only a small pantry. He then contented himself by washing his face in the kitchen’s basin, or at least the corner of the house that looked like that kind of room.

The chalet’s door opened and a muscular man entered, carrying a bundle of wood that he placed on a small sofa near the bed. He wiped the sweat from his forehead with his arm and lifted his head, his eyes crossing with Kai’s.

-Ah, you are awake. – He smiled to the young.

-Who are you? – Kai asked, looking frightened.

-My name is Siwon. I was a friend of your parents.

-Friend? I’m sorry, but I can’t remember, my parents died many years ago.

-I know, Suho came to warn me when it happened.

-You know Suho?

-Yes, we were all friends, me, Suho and your parents.

-But you aren’t from K, are you? I don’t remember ever seeing you around.

Siwon shook his head. 

-I’ve always lived in this community...

-Community… - Kai asked, something clicking inside his head. - You can teleport too?

He sounded excited. He had never met anyone like himself before.

-Yes. I actually met your parents once you were born. They came here under Suho’s recommendations because they didn’t know how they would raise a son like you, since none of them were teleporters.

He sat on the bed before going on.

-When I offered to help them, we became friends. They used to fill me with questions... What should I do if Kai do this? Or if he eats that? And what if he teleports and never returns? - Siwon shook his head, still amused by the memories. - They really worried about you, and when they went off to war, they asked me to take care of their only son. But it was hard to keep an eye on you from afar, and you never seemed to need my help, at least until now.

-So it was you who teleported me and Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter