Rescuing The Traitor

The enemy kingdom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hello again y’all! Since it’s Christmas [at least here in Brazil] I’m posting this chapter a little bit earlier than I should, that’s my gift for all my subscribers, I hope you all enjoy it xD

Also I wish you all a great Christmas and an amazing new year, thank you guys for making the end of my year a bit better, I love you all <3<3<3

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The castle… Forest… War? Yes war… The king is screaming… Which king? I don’t know… Probably Jonghyun… The wall of K burst into pieces… a lot of men hurt on the ground… Fog… A tent… Sehun… Sitting on a chair…? No, locked on a chair… They are killing him, they are killing Sehun…! And Minho…? What about Minho…? I see Minho… On the war… But he’s fading… Come back, Minho, come back!

-COME BACK! – He shouted to the ceiling, his upper body brusquely rising from the ground and Baekhyun held him once he was about to fall again.

-Taemin? – He called, and Taemin’s eyes shot open. – Are you ok?

Taemin blinked a couple of times, the random images of his vision slowly fading away from his brain. He glanced around to see many curious and worried faces peering at him.

It was always like that, everyone surrounding him, waiting to hear what he saw, but he couldn’t speak, he couldn’t move. Everything just hurt so badly, and his head seemed to be about to explode. And yet he sat down to tell them what he saw, because he needed to, otherwise those things he saw would happen. He had to warn them.

He tried to speak, but his mouth wouldn’t move.

Damn his precious power.

-Taemin? – He heard Baekhyun’s voice calling him again and slowly turned his head to him.

-We need to tell the army to get away from the left wall, I think it’s going to explode. – He finally managed to murmur. – And we have to help Sehun in the camp. And…

Minho? Did he see something about Minho?

He shook his head and closed his eyes, trying to remember as people around him started to move quickly around.

He couldn’t remember, but he had to, it was something important!

-Taemin? – He heard Kai’s voice calling. – What’s wrong with Sehun?

-They are killing him. – He murmured, eyes still closed.

When he heard that, Kai tried to get up, but Baekhyun held his arm.

-Don't even think about that! - He said categorically. - You are too weak. We will send several men after Sehun, so don’t you dare teleport in this state, ok?

-But I...

-No “buts”, you stay here! – He helped Taemin lean against the wall and then he went after the guards.

-I’m going to warn Suho. – He said, and the guards protested saying they were the ones that should go.

Baekhyun waved their reasons away.

-If you go, there’ll be no guards left to protect the castle. – He saddled one of the few horses left. - Don’t worry, I’ll be fast.

The men around nodded and Baekhyun quickly left, going through the woods the faster the horse would go, praying that he would be able to arrive in time.

 

><><><><><><><><>< 

 

Suho ordered two of his strongest soldiers to cast their powers against M’s army, but it had no effect at all. In reality the vast majority of attacks sent by the two armies resulted in nearly nothing, because both defenses were very good. Even so, they had to keep trying until one side succumbed or the truce was reestablished.

Jonghyun and Minho were at the opposite side of the kingdom, commanding a small army that kept the soldiers of M away from the right wall of the fortress which had always been the least protected area of the city.

Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Key and Yunho were helping them to select whoever was from the army of M or not, and they were helping the slaves from K to return to the inside walls of the kingdom.

Even if they took turns so everyone could rest a little, fatigue was invading the mind and the body of the sovereigns, who did what they could to avoid the feeling of impending defeat.

Suho heard a soldier calling his name and turned, looking at the direction the man pointed to. A brownish horse was approaching, cutting way among the trees of the forest at full speed.

-Baekhyun? – The man asked more to himself than to the soldier. -What is he doing here? - He swerved the soldiers who threw powers over the wall and ran in the direction that the horse was coming, a bad feeling on his stomach; If the young came to the battlefield it must be because something was off in the castle, or even with someone. Well, whatever it was, it didn’t seem to be good news.

-What’s wrong? – Suho yelled as soon as the man got out of the forest.

-You need to get away from the wall. – Baekhyun shouted urgently. – Taemin saw it explode.

As soon as he heard that, Suho ordered everyone to step back.

-STEP BACK. – The substitute commander repeated louder and the men obeyed, warning the people around who didn’t hear that they should step back as well.

-What’s wrong? – Kyungsoo approached his husband, confused. – Why are you telling the men to leave their posts?

-Taemin had a vision. – Suho clarified. – We need to keep everyone away from the wall.

Baekhyun finally stopped the horse in front of the men.

-And we need to help Sehun. – He continued. – He is in M’s camp. He and Kai were captured, Kai is back, but he is in a pretty bad shape. I don’t even want to see what they might have done to Sehun...

-That's why we couldn’t find him... - Suho shook his head, troubled. - But how do we get him out of there? We can’t go to the other side without alerting M‘s soldiers.

-And what if we...

-Sire, beware! - Called the sub commander of the army which was near the barrier.

A loud hiss was heard and then Taemin’s vision came true.

A huge part of the wall burst into pieces, sending stones and people flying over the sky. The ground around shook with the impact and the rocks falling on the floor sent trembling waves to everybody’s feet.

Suho pushed Kyungsoo the farthest he could, trying to protect his husband from the falling wall, while Baekhyun’s horse, startled, ran to the woods.

-DAD! – Suho heard Chanyeol’s calling, and he turned to see a small stone coming in his way. It was small, yes, but it was coming fast enough to cause damaged. Before it could reach him though, Chanyeol launched a stream of fire so hot that pulverized the rock.

-Chanyeol! – Suho ran to his son, who fell on the ground on his knees. The prince was exhausted already, and launching such a powerful stream made him run out of energy.

-Baekhyun is on the edge of the forest. – Suho told the man, while kneeling beside him and shaking his body slightly, to keep him conscious. – Go with him to the castle and stay there, understand?

Chanyeol nodded and his father helped him up. He stumbled in the direction of the forest while Suho went to help the harmed soldiers near the wall.

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol coming over and he quickly leaded the horse to him. The sight of Baekhyun coming closer made Chanyeol smile, despite his deplorable state. If he was to die, at least he would do it at the arms of his lover.

Baekhyun helped Chanyeol climb on the horse’s back and quickly made his way towards the castle.

           

><><><><><><><><>< 

 

Sehun ran down the forest, thinking about a way to come back to the walls of K when he heard an outburst nearby. The wind occasioned by it almost made him stumble and all he could think about was Kai.

Was he ok? Was he safe? What if he got hurt in that explosion? He shook his head to scare those thoughts away and followed on his way out of the forest and near the right wall of the kingdom of K.

He wasn’t expecting a part of M‘s army to be on that side of the wall though, and he quickly ran back to the forest.

The soldiers could hardly believe it when they saw Sehun, because Kris' new orders had been to capture the commander. They did not knew why that was, but still they quickly ran after Sehun and fell upon the man.

Sehun still tried to fight back, but there were just too many of them and he was too tired already.

They tied his hands and took him back to the camp where they entered Kris’ tent only to find out the king wasn’t there.

The soldiers tied Sehun to a chair, holding his fingers intertwined so that he could not use his powers easily. One of the men approached and punched right at Sehun’s stomach, and the man coughed and twitched with pain.

-Stop it, soldier. - Ordered the new commander, Chen, entering the tent. - No one touches him until Kris is back, Tao’s orders.

The soldier snorted, but obeyed and retreated.

-Let’s go. – Chen called. – We still have a war to finish.

The men withdrew from the room leaving Sehun sighing by himself on the chair. There was nothing else he could do but waiting for certain death.

 

 

><><><><><><>< 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter