Freezing the time

The enemy kingdom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

With the arrival of Eeteuk and Tao in the battle line the men decided to cease fire, at least until Suho and the other sovereigns talked to the men.

Some soldiers had already depleted their powers and had to be taken to the wards of both kingdoms. The remaining soldiers were tired of fighting after four days of war and many had already given up the fight and hid in the forest or in open trenches behind the remaining pieces of the wall.

Therefore the soldiers could not believe it when they saw Taemin appear on the deserted battlefield. It was almost as an affront to the soldiers of M, and some soldiers of K quickly pulled him into the nearest ditch.

-Little girl, are you crazy?! You could have caused the resumption of the war! - Yelled the sub captain of the army, approaching. – What are you doing here? The battlefield is no place for a lady!

He pulled Taemin's arm in a motion of censure.

-Let go of me! - Taemin pulled his arm back, affronted, and the sub ​​captain was surprised to find that "she" was actually a young man. – I’m no lady and I’m here to rescue prince Minho. With all due respect, my commander, but you should be doing that as well.

And Taemin, feeling insulted, turned his back to the men and began to climb the trench back to the battlefield, but the captain held him back.

-I told you already, you can’t go out there. - Said the man, emphatic, and then he pointed to two men outside of the wall. – You see those men over there? They are Eeteuk and Tao. If we're lucky Tao will talk to Suho and this war will end somehow. We are in a temporary truce now, don’t worry, nothing will happen to the prince.

-You don’t understand! - Taemin became exasperated, trying to get rid of the man’s firm grip. – I’m a seer, and I saw, my lord, I saw the king of M himself killing the prince! You have to let me go, before it’s too late, please.

At that moment Eeteuk whispered something in Tao’s ear. Tao nodded and Eeteuk approached the trench.

  The soldiers around Taemin immediately pointed their swords at him, but the commander told them to lower the weapons.

-Eeteuk is not on their side, he is a teleporter. – He explained and the men relaxed.

-Eeteuk? – Taemin asked, a memory clicking inside his head. – You were the one that did the premonitions to Suho before…

-Before he took you in. – Eeteuk confirmed, smiling gently to the boy. – It was for the best, my power doesn’t work as well as yours.

-It… It doesn’t? – Taemin shyly asked and Eeteuk nodded.

-Since I have two powers, none of them works really well. – He shrugged. – Most of my visions are cloudy and I’m never sure of what’s going to happen.

He reached out to Taemin, who held his hand, and he pulled the young out of that hole, ignoring the objections of the sub commander.

-You said you saw Kris killing the prince of S, am I right?

-You heard? – Taemin asked, surprised.

-I think the whole field heard you. – Eeteuk chuckled.

-I need to help him. – Taemin whined. – I need to get to him...

-Come, I’ll take you. – Eeteuk held Taemin by his waist and the young passed his arms around Eeteuk’s neck before he snapped his fingers and vanished.

-He is in this tent. – Eeteuk told him once they got into the middle of M’s camp, then he took a step back, ready to teleport again. – I’ll be right back.

-Where are you going? – Taemin held the man by his shirt.

-Back to the field. – Eeteuk answered. – I’m teleporting Tao and the kings back to the palace where they’ll be safe and, if Suho and the others agree, I’ll teleport king Onew out here so we can execute our plan and it will be the end of the war. If everything works out as planned, of course.

Taemin didn’t quite understand everything Eeteuk told him, but he still nodded and let go of the man, thinking about what he could do to save Minho as Eeteuk disappeared from his side.

 

><><><><><><><>< 

 

The sovereigns decided to meet Tao at the edge of the forest, where he couldn’t hurt anyone if that was a scam.

While they waited for the man to come over, Key couldn’t stop himself from desperately sobbing into Jonghyun’s arms. He just couldn’t believe they had been so careless, that they were so worried about the war that they didn’t see when their son was taken. Moreover, they wanted to go out and find their son, but Eeteuk told them to wait and talk to Tao, and that only made their worries worsen.

Jonghyun sighed so sadly that the sovereigns of K glanced at each other, feeling powerless. They didn’t know what they could do to ease their friends’ pain. They wouldn’t be acting much differently if it was their son who had been kidnaped, after all.

-Hello. – A soft voice interrupted their grieving as Tao approached. He seemed really calm, despite looking undefended and being surrounded by his enemies. – My name is Tao, and I’m here to help you end this war.

Suho opened his mouth to speak, but before he could say anything Key pulled away from Jonghyun and addressed the young man, his face red and his hands turned into fists beside his shaking body.

-And why would you do that?! – He asked, raging, and Jonghyun did nothing to stop him. He was actually thinking about the same thing. – You are a member of Kris’ court, aren’t you? You belong to the people that took my son!

-I do, indeed. – The young didn’t even hesitate in answering. – But I don’t agree with what Kris is doing. I know him since he was a prince, and he’s getting worse and worse since he became the king. He is changed.

Tao sighed long and deeply.

-I’m sorry for your son, I really am. I want the old Kris back, that’s why he has to lose this war, so maybe he will be back to normal and we can get your son back. But for that to happen, I need your help, and the help of your father, Onew.

-I won’t bring my father over, I mean, how can we know it’s not a scam? – Key growled. – How can we know you can be trusted?

-You have to trust me. – Tao sounded calm despite all the hate Key offered with his words. – Kris has your son with him, and after he is done with him, Kris will come to your palace, since he can fly. I’m the only chance you have to end this war before anybody else gets hurt.

-I trust him – Suho approached and landed a hand on Key’s shoulder. – Eeteuk is a great friend of mine. If Eeteuk brought him here, then I trust him.

Key glanced at Suho and then nodded.

-And what do we need to do? – Key asked Tao, inclined to accept his deal.

-Don’t worry. – Tao smirked. – I have a plan...

 

><><><><><><><>< 

 

Taemin ran into Kris’ tent knowing he didn’t have much time. His awaked vision told him it would happen soon, so very soon…

There was no one in the tent though and he got out, whipping his head around.

Where were they?

-Argh! – He heard and ran to the direction of the groan. Minho was close.

On the edge of the forest Kris held Minho by his throat and the young had gotten tired of fighting already, so his muscles were slowly relaxing and his body falling to the ground as the air left his chest and was prohibited to come back by Kris’ hands.

-NO. – Taemin shouted, running over to them. – DON’T KILL HIM!

Kris looked over to the young with disdain. – And why should I do that?

-Because he is not the prince of S – Taemin lied, stopping in front of the man, puffing his chest and returning his gaze. – I am.

-And you came over to offer yourself instead of this guy here. - Kris smirked. – Why?

-Because I love him. – He sounded sincere, and he should, because that was completely true.

Kris tilted his head and released Minho’s body, which crashed at his feet on the stone floor. He didn’t seem to be breathing anymore and Taemin almost cried out loud. He was too late.

-You do look more like a prince than he does. - The king smiled, approaching Taemin. - But maybe I should kill both of you, just to be sure...

Taemin opened his mouth to say something, but his whole body and mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter