Of Moths And The Devil’s Spawn

ZiKyung Drabbles

Title: Of Moths And The Devil’s Spawn

 

Author: vilefeathers

 

Fandom: Block B

 

Pairing: Zico/Kyung

 

Rating: G

 

Genre: fluff?

 

Warning: un-beta-ed

 

Length: drabble (1591 words)

 

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I own my plot. I do not own Block B. I do not make profit from this.

 

Summary: The reason why Kyung tweeted he hates moths the most and then deleted it.

 

 

 

 

Zico arrived at the studio in a bounce, ready and eager to continue working on the new songs he had worked on yesterday, when his phone rang loudly in a particular ringtone that told him it was Kyung who was calling.

Zico frowned. If he calculated the time correctly it hadn’t been half an hour ago that he had left his best friend alone in their apartment, therefore prompting his mind to imagine all sorts of emergency that could happen in that time. A lot could happen under half an hour. Shaking his head slightly from overthinking things, Zico picked up the call.

“Dude, I haven’t even sat down—“

A small whimper of “Jiho…” from a weak voice stunted his outcry. That was definitely Kyung but…

“Kyung? What’s wrong?” He started again in concern.

Zico thought he heard a sob and muffled breathing before Kyung spoke again, his voice watery and his words not making sense.

“I… the window… I forgot… but it’s… hot… and I don’t know… they’re everywhere… I can’t… Jiho…”

Okay. That was definitely a sob. Kyung was crying. Holy Kyung was crying.

Zico started grabbing his bag and other stuff, shoving them inside as he ran out of the studio again.

“Okay, okay. Calm down Kyung. I’m on my way. Where are you? Are you still at home?”

“Eung… in my room—“ Kyung’s voice hitched as the sound of rustled fabric could be heard from the silent background.

“Okay then. Hold on… uh… whatever it is just… I’ll be right there. Okay?”

“O-okay.”

Zico hang up the call just in time to flag down a taxi, leaping inside and quickly telling the driver of his address. The blatant fear in Kyung’s voice was making his stomach curl up in unease so the lack of traffic at almost 2AM gave him a bit of relief.

He arrived home in less than 15 minutes. The slowness of the front door keypad lock aggravated on his nerves and Zico practically stumbled into the house just to see that everything was sitting perfectly still in its places. No overturned furniture, no broken plates, nothing out of place and it seemed almost like nobody was even home. There wasn’t even a sound in the apartment other than the low-volume TV that Kyung like to leave on because he hated the silence when he was alone.

Confusion drained half the dread inside of him. Zico proceeded to Kyung’s bedroom soundlessly, not knowing what to expect at all. When he finally pushed open the door he almost missed the shivering bundle of blanket at the corner of the room. The leader frowned again.

What the hell?

Apart from a few harmless moths floating about randomly across the room, Zico wasn’t seeing anything wrong, much less an emergency situation that he was half expecting. But clearly he was missing something here because Kyung’s voice in the call was soaked with genuine fear and that trembling lump of blanket was making him really concerned now.

Zico made his way inside the room, arms absentmindedly waving the moths away when they flew near him and crouched down right in front of Kyung.

“Kyung?” He called unsurely.

His best friend let out a surprised squeak before the blanket was moving to make a small opening. Kyung’s large brown eyes peered out at him, redden and glistening with tears.

“Uh… are you okay? What happened?”

“Did you send them away?” Kyung’s voice sounded thick with snot.

“Send who— what away?”

“The moths!”

“What??” Now he was getting totally confused.

Did Kyung just called him home only to banish some insects out of his room?

“Just… make them go away… please…”

The plea became muffled towards the end as Kyung retreated inside the blanket cocoon once again.

Zico stared in perplex. Huh. He did call me here just to get rid of the moths.

Figuring that the sooner he cleared the moths from the room the sooner he would get an explanation, Zico went to the kitchen to grab a plastic bag and began catching the three, no, four lost moths in it. It took a while because the insects fluttered around the room in panic when Zico came near them but he managed to gather all of them in the air filled bag. He shut the windows closed and went to the balcony to release the moths away.

It was hot in the room without the night’s cool breeze and Kyung was still curled up inside his layers. That can’t have been comfortable, Zico thought, but apparently to Kyung it was worth it if it can keep the moths away from him. Huh.

“They’re out. And the window’s closed.” Zico spoke loudly from the doorway.

He saw Kyung peek his face out of the cocoon, deeming the room was really safe and moth-free before he peeled off the too warm layers of blanket from his body. The shorter guy sighed deeply in obvious relief before he spotted Zico with arms crossed over his chest, a single eyebrow raised in a silent suggestion at him to start explaining.

Oh man, he really doesn’t want to talk about it, as much as Zico wants to. Hell.

“Mind telling me what the hell was that all about? Because I could be making some fantastic progress in the studio by now, but here I am instead.”

Kyung sighed again; eyes not looking anywhere near his best friend.

“Yeah… well… sorry I had to disturb your creative juice from flowing or whatever, you can go back to that. I won’t bother you again, okay? Alright. Okay. Thanks for everything. Bye.”

The shorter guy tried to brush off the situation and moved towards the door to leave but Zico grabbed his thin arm in a firm grip before he could do so. There goes his half-assed attempt at escape.

“Start talking or I’m gonna find some moths and lock you in here with them.”

Zico saw Kyung’s eyes widen slightly at the threat.

“You wouldn’t…”

“You wanna bet on that?” A half-smirk formed on Zico’s face.

It must have been really convincing or maybe it was too early to start making threats about moths, because Kyung clenched his jaw and pulled his arm away harshly. For a moment Zico thought the other rapper was going to cry.

“Isn’t it obvious already? I’m scared of moths.”

“Yeah, I know. I can see as much. But what happened?”

“You are such a bastard sometimes.”

“And this bastard just saved you from your fear.” Zico took a deep breath before starting again in a calmer tone. “Look, I’m not saying that it entitled me to know everything about your deepest nightmare, but I’ve known you for 10 years Kyung, and I’m supposedly your best friend but I don’t even know that you’re really scared of moths, scared enough to call for help when you got yourself surrounded by them.”

Kyung finally looked at him with a pained expression.

“It’s not that—“

“You still don’t think that I deserve to know.”

Zico uttered the statement dully and made a move to leave the room but Kyung was there in front of him and halted everything with hands on the taller boy’s chest and arm. A sigh of resignation was heard from Kyung, head hanging low as if it would help him tell his deepest secret to Zico.

“In 5th grade a moth got into my room. I tried to make it flew away but the stupid thing just keep bothering me until slammed it with a book. I guess moths carry some sort of poison on them because I got itchy all over and my skin turned red with little bumps and painful to touch; it was hell.”

Zico waited for a moment for Kyung to continue but it seemed like that was the whole story.

“Okay then. That wasn’t so hard now, was it?”

Kyung turned away from him and started walking away.

“Whatever, Jiho. Just go back to your songs, or whatever it is you were working on before.”

“You know, I’m starting to feel like I’m something really dispensable to you here.”

“I didn’t mean—“

Kyung snapped back to give his best friend a glare but it dissipated when he was met with a smiling Zico wrapping his long arms around the smaller frame.

“I know, Kyung.” Zico spoke softly close to his ear. “I was just kidding.”

“You’re really—“

“You don’t have to be scared of moths anymore. I’ll keep them away from you from now on.”

“Oh…” Kyung exhaled suddenly, surprised at the turn of event. “…Thanks.”

“Well, I mean, as long as you behave and do as I say there’s really no need to get innocent insects involved in our lives now, do we?”

Zico’s evil smirk was palpable in his tone and Kyung groaned in frustration.

“Oh my god… You are definitely a bastard, Woo Jiho, a spawn of the devil, I hate you so much—“

“No, you don’t.”

“Let me go, bastard, I’m deleting that tweet because I definitely hate you the most.”

“You were live-tweeting?”

“Yes, and I’m telling the fans I hate you.”

“What about Zikyung?”

“Ugh, Jiho get off of me!“

“No! Tell them I saved you from big bad moths and you love me.”

“Over my dead body!”

They struggled with each other with Kyung’s phone on the bed and unfortunately Kyung only managed to delete his moths’ tweet and didn’t get to tell us how much he hate Zico.

 

 

The End