So Sick; Unintended

ZiKyung Drabbles

Title: So Sick; Unintended

Author: vilefeathers

Beta: puppet_screens @ LJ

Fandom: Block B

Pairing: ZiKyung, mention of other members

Rating: G

Genre: fluff, comfort

Warning: none

Length: oneshot/1,679 words

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I own my plot. I do not own the boys of Block B. I do not make profit from this.

Summary: In which Zico is sick but it hurts Kyung the most.

 

A/N: Based on 121118 when Zico was sick and looked reaaally pale during Inkigayo, and then fansign and then MatchUp final recording in Prism Tower. T__T

 

 

“Nuna, please hurry up.” Kyung pleaded distractedly.

There were a lot of things on his mind and the fastening of the detachable ruffles on his pirate shirt outfit was too complicated for his train of thoughts. The coordi nuna gently pushed his hands away and undid the fix correctly before starting on his other accessories.

“Sorry, nuna. I just…wanna check on Jiho.” Kyung said quietly.

“I know.” She nodded understandingly as she took off the last piece of expensive item from Kyung’s hand and shooed him away. “There, off you go.”

“Thanks, nuna.”

Kyung left the separate preparation room for staffs and jogged back to Block B’s waiting room in his gold satin dress shirt, discreetly glad to be ridden of the jacket and the pompous-looking ruffle. When he got there he immediately looked for Zico and saw the sick leader standing against the wall far from everyone who was occupying the couches and chairs in the middle of the room.

Kyung frowned at s, who shook their heads back at him, and made his way to Zico.

“Why are you staying on your feet? You should be lying down, pabo-ya. Let’s go.”

Kyung made to pull Zico towards the couch but the leader only grabbed onto his reaching hand and shook his head absentmindedly.

“Manager-hyung’s gonna take me to the hospital in a moment. If I sit down now I’m not gonna be able to get up again anytime soon.”

Zico saw the renewed concern in Kyung’s brown eyes only for a second before the older rapper masked it with exasperation.

“And you think keeping yourself standing would be good when you look like you’re about to fall off the wall.”

Zico’s grin at the reproach came out as a heavy smile that made Kyung’s forehead crease even more. He eyed their members on the sofas, whom he knew were keeping an eye on them despite never looking their way, before he pulled at the thin wrist in his hold.

“I was waiting for you. C’mere.”

Kyung let himself be drawn towards the taller boy. Zico then turned him around, wrapping long limbs around his waist and pulled him flushed against abnormally warm body. Zico’s extra-large fur coat fell down Kyung’s sides when he was pulled in further, face buried against the side of his neck while slumping on his right shoulder.

The smaller frame shivered slightly from the heated skin contact.

Zico let out a contented sigh when they finally settled into place; with him comfortably trapped between the wall and Kyung, the latter keeping him up as well as providing warmth.

“Ah… you’re just the perfect height for this.” Zico mumbled.

Kyung snapped his head to the side, but couldn’t see much other than those dark-rooted blonde hairs so he looked away in annoyance, muttering ‘bastard’ under his breath.

Zico grinned into the shoulder and he was sure Kyung could feel it judging by the threat.

“Keep on smirking and I’ll give you real pain.”

“It’s a compliment, babe.”

“Not in my book. Plus you could’ve used Taeil-hyung.” Kyung grumbled.

“Jihoon would kill me.”

“Hm… he won’t. You’re already dying anyway.”

Zico’s chuckles turned into tired huffs of air.

“That’s a… nice… thought…”

The slur of words made Kyung panic and he tried to turn around.

“Jiho? Yah! Stay awake. Don’t faint on me… Fatass, you’re heavy.”

“Am not...”

“Are you okay?”

“Am not a fatass.” Zico reiterated drowsily.

“Geez, fine, you’re not. Just don’t blackout.”

Trust Zico to get offended by his name-calling rather than answering the real concern.

“Not blacking out... I just feel… sleepy all of a sudden.”

“Cause you’re sick, idiot. I should just drag you to the couch.”

“No…” Zico nuzzled into the pale neck, “You’re just…really comfortable…and smell nice.”

He inhaled pointedly, making Kyung shudder in his hold.

“The coat has a weird… stink...”

“Oh. You should tell nuna.”

“Hmm…”

They fell into a relaxing silence as the leader seemed to have fallen asleep on the smaller body.

Kyung sighed. He carefully leaned more into Zico and tugged the coat until it totally wrapped them both inside. The taller’s body felt really warm against his back. Zico was really sick this time. Every time he sees Zico walking carefully instead of his usual bounce or those grimaces of pain replacing his mischievous smirk, Kyung felt an indescribable pain.

It hurts a hundred times worse when the leader tried not to show it, lest it worry their members, when Kyung could see it all clearly. If sharing physical pain is possible Kyung would gladly take it all away from Zico, because that would bring him less torture than watching the younger boy suffer while unable to make it go away.

He could have avoided this. It’s not like he didn’t know Zico’s workaholic habit. He might not be able to stop Zico from stressing over perfecting songs and performances, or the public reactions to their activities, or the ridiculous negative articles fueling antis and haters; the least he could do was to make sure Zico isn’t neglecting himself, but he failed that too.

He should have made more effort to make sure Zico ate proper meals instead of just gulping down Red Bulls continuously, make sure that Zico comes home and sleeps on a bed, if not every night then every other night, or at least several times a week and drag him home if he has to. He should try harder to assist their producing process so Zico won’t have to work so damn hard for every comeback. And now he had let his worries became reality and he had nothing to blame but himself.

It hurts.

Kyung didn’t realize there were tears running down his face until someone wiped them from his cheeks and he looked up to see Jaehyo hunched over, attempting to see his face properly from the surrounding fur. The usually careless older guy looked concerned.

Kyung shook his head slowly, trying to convey that he was fine without disturbing Zico’s sleep. Jaehyo didn’t buy it but he let it slide for now. He stared thoughtfully for a moment before he nodded back and dabbed the stray tears with his knuckles. He left with a final pat on the ginger head.

Kyung drew in a deep breath, trying to take control of his emotions but his shudders easily roused Zico up from his slumber. The leader nuzzled drowsily before he stilled.

“Hey… you’re crying… what’s wrong?” Zico leaned over the shoulder, trying to see Kyung’s face.

“How come you’re crying when I’m the one in pain here?” He teased the older rapper.

“It’s nothing… I just felt like crying.” Kyung hoped his voice didn’t sound as weak as he was hearing it. He was glad that the rest of their members were sitting not too close to them because he’s embarrassed enough to be seen crying like a little girl without them listening to this conversation.

Zico was silent for a moment. He kissed the soft skin behind Kyung’s ear and whispered into it earnestly.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to hurt you. Don’t cry please…”

“I don’t want… your apology… you’re sorry for the wrong reason.” Kyung sobbed in his broken sentences.

“Then tell me what it is.”

“Do you… honestly not know it? Do you not see… that you’re hurting people who… care about you when you let yourself get sick like this?... I’m not even… angry at you. I just… I just want to reach you.”

Zico suddenly turned him around, face to face, before Kyung found himself merged with the taller male’s warm body again.

“But you’re the only one who always found me, Kyung. Always.”

“Not when you’re so lost in your music… you don’t even worry about your own existence… you don’t eat… you don’t sleep… you don’t share your burden with us…”

“I’m sorry…” Zico tightened his hold on the other boy.

“Am I… that useless to you?” Kyung pulled away to look at the leader with tears rolling down his face.

“No, baby, don’t say that… You’re not a thing—“

“I’d rather be used…like a thing than being shut off…”

Zico frowned as he rubbed the tracks of tears off Kyung’s cheeks. They’re merely an inch away from each other and he could almost see the whirlpool of emotions behind those large brown orbs. He had never meant to hurt Kyung like this; he had never meant to worry s, but people say ‘the ends don’t justify the means’ and Zico really gets it now.

He was about to say something else to Kyung, he wanted him to understand what he felt then, when their manager arrived at the waiting room’s door, ready to take Zico to the hospital. The man halted in his steps when he saw the pair of boys by the far wall and just motioned a head tilt to Zico to say they should go now.

“I have to go…” Zico informed the obvious.

Kyung was already putting some distance between them as he nodded.

“Yeah.”

“We… I’ll see you later, okay?”

“Okay…”

“And don’t cry, baby…” He was always weak with Kyung’s tears and the other knew this. “Please…”

He saw Kyung bite onto his lip and wipe his eyes clumsily, trying to comply with his wish. Zico kissed his temple and left in the direction of their waiting manager and out of the room.

Kyung turned back to his group members and made his way to one of the couch, flopping down between B-Bomb and U-Kwon with his head on the older dancer’s lap.

“Next time you wanna drag him away from the studio…” B-Bomb began as he the red locks, “you tell me. I’d gladly help.”

U-Kwon rubbed at his knee, telling him he shared the same intention as B-Bomb.

“Yeah…” Kyung answered simply.

He wanted to say he hoped there won’t be a next time, but even in his head the words sounded empty of any promise; so he didn’t.

He would just hope.

 

 

-vile-

  • Special Thanks to MitsunaBaba ilu babe~♥
  • Please take care of your health babies... TT_TT

 

Mentioned Videos:

121118 InkiGayo Blok B - Nillili Mambo

121118 Incheon Fansign (Ukwon + Zico cam)

121129 Match Up Returns Ep. 7 (recorded on 121118)

 

 

p/s: i upset my lovely beta for ending this... depressingly... so... no promise in sequel, but i'll TRY... =s