Chapter eight; Help, or maybe not

Pitfall

 

[Kyungsoo’s POV]
I woke up to a masculine scent. Alright. It was sweat. I rolled on my stomach and inhaled the scent, trying to place it, whose bed am I lying in at the moment? Flashes of last night came back and instantly, my heart started aching. I felt so mixed at the moment, I had hurt him, he had hurt me, but I don’t believe either of us had wanted that. Otherwise… Why would I have been lying in Jongin’s bed. … now wait a second.
I was actually lying in his bed? Was he here too? I creaked one eye open. No sign of him, though it was definitely a double bed. A double sweaty bed. Either he didn’t change his blankets often or he just… sweated a lot? Or maybe it was me, since it was me who was lying in there in the first place – no, it didn’t smell like me. But either way, Jongin wasn’t here and I was sure I hadn’t been here when I had fallen asleep either.
I couldn’t deny I had definitely had a good night sleep, something I didn’t have too often. I also couldn’t deny that I felt attracted to the smell that surrounded me; it smelled so much like Jongin… though I would definitely be suggesting to him that he’d change those blankets more often. Alright no. I wouldn’t suggest that, I didn’t really have the courage to, especially after he had told me that none of this happened.
Okay I had to admit yet another thing. I just didn’t want to get up from that bed, face reality, a grumpy Kai and be sent out because I had already been here for too long. And also, I didn’t want to get up from that bed because it was so comfortable and my body just wanted to lay around all day, which was obviously not something that could be happening. So, realizing that was out of the question, I slowly got up, noticing his room was painfully plain. The walls were white, everything about the bed was white, on the floor lay a black rug and that was about the only thing that could catch the eye – well, except for the pile of clothes that lay on the tidied desk and from my position, I could clearly see a note lying on top of it.
It piqued my curiosity just about enough to actually get up from his bed and I strode over to the clothes and read the note that – to my surprise – was quite readable. Not that I would ever admit that I thought he would have a bad handwriting, but…
 
Kyungsoo-ssi, here’s clothes. Use the shower if you want to.
 
A soft smile grew on my face. Definitely there was more to Jongin than Kai and I was glad I was able to find him. Or at least I was … somewhat getting somewhere. I decided to just wear those clothes for now and if he would allow me to stay longer if he had seen my face, I would use the shower. For now, I just wanted to know why I had been sleeping in his bed and why he wasn’t… there… Maybe he had been there and he just got out before I woke up? Oh my god. There is a possibility I slept in the same bed as him. Oh my god. Kyungsoo, calm down. Just breathe, the only thing you two are, is working partners, you’re not even friendly.
The clothes were too large on me. Obviously. I didn’t mind at all. Obviously. I strode out of the room, feeling a little awkward wearing his clothes while that had always seemed like a couple-thing to me, when we were far from a couple. It had me thinking though, why was my mind so occupied with Jongin the whole time? Was I obsessed? No… right? He was my idol, he had been since the day he debuted and I just… I liked him that way, but now that I found out more and more about him, was I starting to like him that other way as well? Kyungsoo, that’s not even possible after knowing someone for less than a day. Just when I was about to scold myself a little bit more, my heart just broke.
I hadn’t just taken his bed, I had taken his sleep as well. He lay passed out on the couch, sprawled out as if he had just fallen on it like that. The coffee table in front of him was decorated with all sorts of food, messily thrown around everywhere, but it was food. He had prepared food and fallen asleep. No. He transported me from the couch to the bed, prepared clothes for me, written a note to wear them and use the shower as I wanted, prepared food and collapsed because he had been spending way too much energy on me.
Tears were welling up in my eyes and I wanted to punch my own face because my crying had brought this upon him in the first place. I felt terrible for him, terrible enough to not eat the food and not take the shower he had offered me. I couldn’t do that, I had taken way too much from him already. Especially if you would take into consideration that he wasn’t like this. I had heard – and seen as well – enough to know that Jongin acted like a bastard to keep people at a distance and he must have done it for a reason and me wanting to crack that defense of his… It was a bad decision and I shouldn’t have tried to in the first place. Trying to suppress the stupid tears that had started this all, I took the note Jongin had written for me and flipped it over so I could use the backside of it. Taking the pen he had used, I wrote my apologies for leaving. It was only when I got home that I remembered I wore his clothes and the set I had worn yesterday, was still at his place.
 
[Chanyeol’s POV]
“I love you.” His face was hidden and his words were barely audible, but he told me. Oh yes, Baekhyun had told me he loved me. He hugged me and for the first time in ages, I could hug him back with the feeling I felt for him, love. So all this while, he didn’t like Jongin, but he loved me… Or maybe it wasn’t for a long time, maybe that was just me, but it didn’t matter to me at all.
“Baek, I love you too. I thought you knew.” I didn’t make any effort to get out of his iron grip and just enjoyed being here with him, after all this time. I didn’t even know how long I knew I liked him, but I was sure it was a very long time.
 
Eventually, we got out of bed, even though we were kind of awkward. We spent the day almost avoiding each other but I didn’t want to go home, so I kind of… stayed away without actually staying away. It was hard because I didn’t know what we were comfortable with and what I couldn’t do, so in the end, I pretended… to be somewhere else instead. I didn’t like things like this but… I was being eaten by insecurity since we had been friends for a very long time and the sudden confessions were… sudden and I didn’t know how to handle things well.
“Yeol– don’t go like… like this.” Baekhyun said as I reached for the door handle. It was past nine at the moment and I … thought I had to sneak out or something… I didn’t know what had gotten into me, but when I thought about goodbyes and all that, I thought about hugging and kissing and the like and I didn’t know if we could just… do that. “Yeollie please. Please look at me for a second and listen. Please.” I turned and looked at him, his features lit up by the dim light that shone from his living room. “I know that today was the weirdest day in history but what I said is not something that I consider weird. I love you, I really do and I don’t want you to go out that door without us proving our words in the slightest.” I sighed before I brought my hands down on his shoulders, looking into his eyes because I felt the need to see them clearly.
“Baek… don’t you feel the slightest bit as if something is holding you back? I feel… awkward, as if things have changed beyond repair because we’d always been close and we will never be like that again.”
“No, we won’t… but… but we can make it better than what it had been… right?” I cupped his cheek with one of my hands and smiled at him.
“You want me to kiss you… before I leave, you at least want a kiss.” I stated, not accusing him of anything because it was something I wanted too. He gave a short, guilty smile and that was all I needed. We were changing already anyways and since we both had said it was love, I gave in and leaned down to kiss his lips shortly.
But I really wanted to kill the bastard that decided to text Baekhyun at the exact moment the lip-touching happened because the both of us had been so tensed up that we almost literally jumped away at the sound.
 
[Kyungsoo’s POV]
The whole day, I had been thinking about whether it had been right to leave, whether I had been right to say what I had said and to do what I had done. I came to the same conclusion I had come to before; everything I did was wrong. I had wanted Jongin to open up to me, but the only thing that happened, was that I had exhausted him, mentally and physically. I knew what both were like, I knew both were torture, I knew I had done him a lot of damage that was hard to repair.
How was I supposed to face him when I would get to see him again tomorrow, when the actual work was going to start? Was I just going to stick to my plan; tell him I’d teach him something about singing? Or was I actually going to try to ignore him for as good as I could… I hadn’t the slightest idea yet when my text-tone rang through my room. I quickly picked up my phone to see if it was anything work-related and when I had unlocked the screen, an unknown number had sent me a message.
 
Kyungsoo-ssi, you shouldn’t have left without waking me up. I tried for you and you just left. Thank you a lot for that.
 
Right. Jongin. I swallowed hard, now I wasn’t sure anymore at all if what I had been doing up to the point of leaving, had been wrong. Apparently, he hadn’t wanted me to leave, or at least not before waking him up. But the thing was, I didn’t want to wake him up because he had been so tired and I hadn’t wanted to eat his food because he had worked way too hard for it and I didn’t deserve all of that. But what could I send back, was there any words worthy for him to read, would anything explain why I had gone away without waking him up? I didn’t know, but I at least had to try because he seemed so hurt.
 
I said I’m sorry and I did that because I am. I don’t like the way I behaved before and I left because I saw what I had done to you and I just hope you understand that I never wanted to be such a burden to you. Please forgive me and I hope we can still meet up for work tomorrow.
 
When I had pressed the send button, I felt as though I shouldn’t have. Had I been too vague? Too descriptive? Too… whatever? I had to calm myself down as I saved his number into my phone, remembering we had never exchanged them before, making me wonder how he could have gotten it. Probably through his manager and Chanyeol, even though that would have taken quite a bit of pushing his pride away because he didn’t seem to like to ask for things.
And so I stayed up the whole night, waiting for him to send me a reply and he just didn’t. Why did it even bother me so much, I asked myself that a lot of times and the only thing I could come up with was; Because I care. Deal with it, Kyungsoo. But why the hell did I care? Jongin was nobody to me until I had met him the day before and today, I had only run away from him, I was afraid of scarring him more than I – and the rest of the world – had already done. I hated myself and I wanted to… help him, that was why I cared. But I had tried to help him in the wrong way. 
 
--
So, a little bit less Kaisoo interaction this chapter ;_; I'm sorry for those two, but they don't work too well yet.. But but! Baekyeol progressed a little bit ^-^
Thank you as always for commenting and subscribing <33 I hope you liked the chapter O_o