Kim Myungsoo of Infinite - 5:01 A.M.

To Krystal, With Love

D-4 to Krystal's birthday

Myungsoo of Infinite, visual and “cold prince” (but not really) extraordinaire, stared at a set of numbers blankly. He has typed those numbers into his phone, but does nothing else except stare.

He stares and stares and stares. He exhales deeply, only moving his head slightly to look at the calendar next to him.

He knows very well what today is; he looks at the “October 24th” boldly circled on his calendar and he almost grimaces. He (and everyone else in Infinite, thanks to him) knows this day as Krystal Jung’s birthday. (He recalls with an embarrassed smile how he found out- so what if he checked her fancafe page last week?)

He thinks back to the first f(Infinite) photo shoot and he can’t help but smile. He remembers, clearly, the time where they were paired up together. They were a little awkward and shy, but she was just so, so dorky that he couldn’t help but smile and laugh along with her.

After the first photo shoot, he would be lying if he didn’t say that he paid more attention to f(x) after he first met her.

He saw how well she could dance, could sing, could act- he saw how bright she was. She draws attention to herself; there is no way, no how anyone could ever ignore Krystal Jung (in his honest opinion). There is something about her that keeps people staring, paying attention.

Myungsoo then thinks about all the anti-fans she has and he scowls. He wonders why everyone doesn’t see what he sees in her.

They call her rude- he knows she speaks her mind. There are no pretenses with her, there is nothing fake. She is who she is. He admits that he doesn’t know her as well as he would like, but he knows her more so than all those people that can only spit out words that hurt her. She is a little introverted, he knows, and that can come off the wrong way.

But he likes that she is someone that says what she wants to say, when she wants to say it. That quality in someone is rare in this field, in this industry.

There is a knock on the door and Myungsoo turns around to see Sungjong.

“Myungsoo hyung, did you wish Krystal a happy birthday yet?” asks Sungjong. “We need to get ready for filming soon.”

“Not yet, Jongie.”

“I didn’t get her phone number from Amber just so you could stare at it all day.” teases the maknae.

“Shut up.” Myungsoo mumbles, shooing Sungjong away slightly.

But the maknae wasn’t lying; he had begged and prodded Sungjong all day yesterday for the Infinite maknae to get him Krystal’s number. He knew Sungjong was friends with Amber and Luna after all. And so he whined and stared and scowled until Sungjong caved in and called Amber for a favor.

I wish more people would realize just how amazing you are.

Myungsoo purses his lips and types a painstakingly cautious and careful text message. “Hi Krystal. This is Infinite’s L. Happy birthday!” He ponders what to type next and hopes that he doesn’t sound creepy. “I know it’s a little early to be sending a text message, but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday as early as possible.” He looks at the clock and the numbers are almost mocking him.

He would find it in himself to send a birthday text at five in the morning.

“Happy birthday, once again.” he types.

And before he can really think about it, he adds another line and presses ‘send’. He can't take it back. “I think you’re amazing.” And then he stares at the screen and almost curses. He feels like a fool. He wants to take it back, but he can’t. He's not close enough to her to say that, she'll probably think he's a creep, she won't even want to talk to him again-

He glumly gets ready to go to filming with those thoughts.

Krystal replies back to him half an hour later with a simple “Thank you, L oppa <3” and Myungsoo almost dies.

(Sungyeol later finds him hugging his bamboo pillow, clutching his phone, and rolling around on the floor. They drag him to the car- they’re almost late. Myungsoo can't find it in himself to care.

"She called me oppa, Sungyeol! Oppa!")

--

MYUNGSTAL. The ship that won't leave me alone- I ship them too much LOL. This one ties in with Jonghyun's. Jjong wishes for Soojung to realize just how many people adore Soojung and that she doesn't need to care about her anti's- and then here's Myungsoo. Who adores her. And thinks she's amazing. ;D 

The next chapter features Suho of EXO.