f(x) - 12:00 A.M.

To Krystal, With Love

D-6 to Krystal's birthday

All was quiet and calm in the f(x) dorm; that is, of course, until the clock struck twelve and it was officially October 24th.

“SOOJUNG AH, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Krystal is then woken up with a jolt from her precious (and screaming) Luna unnie.

Krystal had decided to sleep over at the f(x) dorm that night, crashing on the living room couch; she didn’t realize that sleeping over here would disrupt her precious sleep.

But as she slowly gains coherency, she smiles at what Luna has just shouted at her. Krystal sits up slowly, staring at the beaming Luna. She smiles gratefully at her and pulls her into a hug. “Thank you, unnie.”

The petite unnie smothers her in a hug- pouring out all her love and affection for their youngest. “I love you, Soojung.”

And then a door opens and she sees light- candles. Birthday candles. The rest of her members come out from Sulli and Victoria’s shared room. Amber is carrying a cake with eighteen candles on it, a wide grin adorning her face.

Luna lets go of Krystal in favor of rushing to the other members. They crowd around her as Amber places the cake in front of Krystal; they start singing and Krystal suddenly feels very emotional.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!”

Krystal cracks a smile as her band mates (her beloved unnies) sing and dance dorkily as she stares at them.

“Happy birthday dear-” She hears a whole mess of different things- Soojungie, Princess, Krystal, Jjung. It figures that her unnies couldn’t decide on one name to sing. She laughs a little at the messiness of the whole song, but she can’t help the beaming grin that is on her face. The song is disorderly and dorky, but it is so so sweet and heartfelt. She loves it. She loves them.

“Happy birthday to you!”

The song finishes and Amber places the cake in front of her, so that she can blow out the candles.

“Make a wish, princess!” Amber grins. Krystal looks at the expectant faces of her band mates and grins. She knows just what to wish for.

I wish that f(x) can last forever, that I can have this happiness for as long as possible.

 “What did you wish for?” Amber asks.

Luna is quick to shake her head furiously. “Soojung can’t tell you! It won’t come true if she tells it!”

Victoria heads over to Krystal and pats her head softly before bringing her into a hug. “Happy birthday, baby.” she says.

“Thank you, umma.” says Krystal, nuzzling herself into Victoria’s warm embrace. She lets go after a while, but a bright and dazzling smile is on her face.

Her oldest unnie smiles gently at her. I wish for you to always be able to smile like that. “Krystal ah, unnie loves you.”

Amber comes over to Krystal’s other side and tears her attention from Victoria. “You’re legal now, princess.” says Amber, goofy grin on her face. “You’re an adult, technically, but you’re still a princess- and a princess needs to be protected at all costs.”

“I can take care of myself, Amber.” Krystal snorts. She is still smiling.

“I know. I just want to take care of you, Krys. I love you. Never forget that." Amber sounds uncharacteristically serious. "You’re our youngest, even if you act more mature than your age. I wouldn’t know what to do if something happened to you.” Again is the unspoken word that Amber doesn’t dare say. She thinks of the time that Krystal fainted when she was on stage and she wasn’t there to pick her up, to personally make sure that she was okay; the rapper almost tears. But she doesn’t and finds her smile. I wish for you to always be healthy, to be strong.

And then Luna comes up and pushes Amber away; Krystal laughs at the offended face Amber makes. “Soojung ah!” Luna plants a kiss on Krystal's cheek and the birthday girl playfully wipes her at her cheek. “I love you~~” Luna drags out the words in a ridiculous manner and Krystal can’t help but laugh again.

I wish for you to always keep on laughing, to never lose that bright, infectious noise. Luna grins and says, “Happy birthday, Soojungie.”

Sulli commands Krystal’s attention as she moves in front of the girl and playfully turns her head so that she is no longer looking at Luna, but at her.

“You’re the Jjung to my Ssul.” Sulli starts, smiling widely. Krystal nods in agreement. “And you’re my best friend.” Krystal nods again. “And I had a speech but I forgot it.” Sulli smiles sheepishly and Krystal playfully pushes Sulli.

“I don’t need a speech, Jinri.” says Krystal. In an act of affection, Krystal says quietly, “I already have you unnies.”

And then Jinri’s mouth can’t help itself- widens into a smile so wide, she doesn’t remember the last time she was this touched over a single comment. She is technically the same age as Krystal- but she is still a couple months older and it makes her happy when Krystal calls her an unnie. She likes that even though they are both born in 1994, Krystal can depend on her like she would an unnie.

I wish for you to find the person that can always, always make you happy.

Sulli knows that being in f(x), having her members make Krystal happy. But she also knows of one more person that can always make Krystal happy. Sulli just wishes that he would get a move on and confess already.

Amber tackles her into a hug for Krystal’s previous comment ("Aw, princess!") and then Luna joins in by laying on her. Victoria thinks about it for a moment and decides to join in as well.

And it’s not like Sulli can be left out of a “pile on the maknae” session, so she joins in too.

There are several moments of Krystal flailing about and whining before she is suddenly free again.

The members scramble together and form a line in front of Krystal. “We, f(x), are happy to be celebrating this special day with our precious maknae, Krystal (“JUNG SOOJUNG,” Luna shouts in the background). We love her a lot, we wish the best for her, and we want her to know that we will always be with her. As her band mates, her unnies, her friends, and her family.” Each person of f(x) says a little part of this little impromptu speech, and Krystal can’t help it- these people mean so much to her.

She starts tearing and suddenly Sulli is there, wiping her tear before she fully realizes that she’s crying. “Why are you crying, Jjung?”

She swats the hand away halfheartedly and smiles even as she continues to tear.

“I love you guys so much.”

She really does love her band mates with all her heart.

“Happy birthday, Krystal.” Amber repeats, wiping away her remaining tears.

--

I felt emotional when writing this- LOL I am so lame >< but f(x) is my flawless and precious OT5 and I can’t even- <3

Next chapter features Kim Jonghyun of SHINee.