Ring

Connection

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONNECTION.

 

RING

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I didn’t expect you to come today.” Jinki was rather too loud and formal-sounded for an early daybreak.

 

The soft voice of the leader from outside, though muffled by the door of his room, was slowly waking Taemin up from his sleep. The suspicious tone in Jinki’s voice was raising his alertness although his eyes were still half-lidded. By then, he sensed that his head was moving up and down on something brawny. The movement was slow and rhythmic, somehow, lulling Taemin back to sleep.

 

The steady tempo of Minho’s heart that was beating against his chest was like an unvoiced lullaby to him. His hand clutched at the thin shirt of Minho. He could felt the precise contour of the muscles; the well-built abs that were covered by the fabric. Shades of pinkness surfaced on his cheeks as he realized the skinship that they were having. He did not remember resting his head on Minho’s chest last night. ‘Could it be … Nah, I might move around a lot in my sleep. But still …’ thought Taemin, as he slowly immersed himself in his thoughts and allowed sleep unhurriedly dominating him again.

 

CREAK …

 

“Guys! Guys, wake up!” whispered Kibum loudly yet controlled, presently standing at the door.

 

Taemin, who previously was half-awaked, lifted his head and looked into Kibum’s eyes directly. Kibum oddly was having a nervous countenance; his finger was raised and pointing at the door. Taemin, forthwith, got the idea that something was happening at the outside. Both of them heard loud and scattering footsteps.

 

Anxiety mixed with nervousness built up in the youngest member’s mind. ‘Why today? Why? Why!’ carped Taemin, a frown stuck on his face. He looked down and Minho’s princely sleeping figure approached his sight. In some inexpressible way, the flawless visage was capable to ease the disquiet that was mercilessly devouring him.

 

“Oh my! What should I do …?” yelled Taemin in soft whispers, only audible for his reddening ears.

 

“Quick, Taemin! Go inside the bathroom and act as if you just come out when they’re here. You’ll be fine with that, right?” said Kibum, still circumspectly controlling his voice from the outsides.

 

Jinki’s voice was growing louder and nearer to his room. Indistinctly, he could also hear the unfamiliar voices mixed together with the leader’s softer one. Taemin lifted his pate completely from the muscular chest and instantaneously pushed his body off the mattress. Notwithstanding the nippy and vigorous acts of him, Minho was placidly sleeping, unbothered at all. He slid down the bed and scurried his way carelessly to the bathroom. With a loud unpremeditated bang of the wooden door, he successfully secreted himself in the bathroom.

 

Just in time, Jinki pushed the door open and a small number of people entered the room through the opened-door. Kibum put his phone on the nearest table he could reach and picked it up back a microscopic fraction of a second shortly as he could feel the cameras recording him on his back. He turned at the cameras and put on a sweet morning smile. It looked as if he had the latent to be an actor soon. 

 

“What are you doing in this room, Key-ah? Isn’t this Taemin’s room? ” asked the familiar-looking lady.

 

“I’m taking my phone. I left it here last night.” answered Kibum, beaming at the lady and giggled cutely later.

 

‘It’s going to be a long week of recording, again …. Urghh …’ complained Kibum, his frowning seemed to slowly surface as the cameras turned towards the sleeping Minho on the bed. He, too, altered his eyes at Minho. A tired sigh fled from his lips as he kept his phone in his pocket. Then, Taemin came out of the bathroom. He looked a little neater; face washed, teeth brushed and probably had a nice and coherent idea on elucidation of how Minho ended up in his bed to the cameras.

 

~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~

 

It was a long, full-of-sham, demanding week for SHINee and it was an immense contentment to know that their one-week reality show was over. Taemin could finally took off his façade and be himself in the dorm. He was sporadically tired of the demands for him to act cute in front of the cameras. Albeit the quiet sighs or grunts that occasionally came out of his mouth, Jinki advised him to act naturally (excluding the matured side). “You’re adorable in your way. No need to act but just don’t show the matured side of yours.” was said to him by Jinki. Taemin obeyed the oldest member’s advice and it seemed to be working.

 

“Hyung, do we get day off?” inquired Jonghyun as they sat together for dinner.

 

“Yes …. Do we?” whined Kibum, spooning the dollop of food into his mouth.

 

“Our manager told me that fortunately, we can rest for a few days. Those with individual schedules are not included. If I am not mistaken, you’ve a singing show to attend to, Jonghyun. Still, go and confirm with the manager. I know none of yours. At the moment, don’t ask me any more question because I want to savor my dear chicken.” said Jinki.

 

“Hyung, what about mine?” asked Taemin, a little lost; deep in his thought beforehand.

 

“Taemin, I told you not to disturb me eating.” said Jinki, an annoyed look on his face.

 

Taemin apologized almost mutedly and continued chewing his food into small pieces. He toyed with the food, rolling it hither and thither on the plate. A sigh slowly and quietly escaped from his curvy lips. Kibum nudged his side concernedly. He could see that something was wrong with the maknae; something was bothering his mind since few hours ago.

 

“You all right, Taemin? Do you’ve problem?” asked Kibum, looking at Taemin.

 

Taemin swiftly curved an obviously phony smile on his lips. He shook his head and tried to assure the worried member that he was okay. Knowing that one of the people around him had perceived his inattentiveness, he knowingly clear his gorge and shifted his position on his seat. He decided to finish the food as quick as feasible without choking or drawing others’ attention for a second time. Minutes later, he stood up and brought the empty plate to the sink.

 

“It’s your turn today, Onew-hyung.” said him before walking out of the dining area.

 

He walked indolently to the couch and took the remote control that was resting on the black cushion. He the television and browsed uninterestedly through the channels; nothing caught his attention. A weight dipped itself on the couch next to him in excessively close distance. There was scarcely a gap between him and Minho. Taemin dragged his buttock a tad further away from the tall figure. That was the jiffy when he noticed something gleaming on Minho’s finger. To be more precise, it was a familiar silver ring.

 

“Minho-hyung?” called Taemin nearly inaudible, mouth shaping a tiny ‘O’ and eyes glued on the small silvery item.

 

“Yes, Tae-ah?” answered Minho, eyes looking for Taemin’s eagerly.

 

“Did your fan give you that?” asked Taemin, forefinger pointed at the ring.

 

“Ahh… Did you mean this ring?” said Minho, being a little playful.

 

Taemin nodded his head anxiously. He gained a small chuckle from Minho as he waited for the enlightenment. Minho took the ring off his finger and laid it on his big palm. Taemin stared at the round thing apprehensively and flanked his lower full lip between his pearly white teeth. He was peculiarly afraid and keen at the same time.

 

“I received this from my pet fan. My most darling fan.” said Minho, beautifying his zero-blemish features with his most charming and hypnotizing smile.

 

Instantly, the name that Minho addressed as his ‘fan’ brought deep red to tinge itself on both Taemin’s cheeks. He felt weirdly warm on his face and that would be the very last thing in his list. He endeavored to repress a pleased smile from emerging, as he would look a total stupid if it happens. In the meantime, Minho had brought himself nearer to Taemin; his shoulder touched the younger boy’s one.

 

“Taemin?” called Minho, trying to attract the boy’s attention.

 

“Y-yes?” responded Taemin, turning his head towards Minho, just to discover that his face was just inches away from Minho’s face.

 

“I just realized that, all of this time, I’ve been in love with my beloved fan. I love him very much, sincerely. I swear that I’m talking the truth. What should I do, Taemin?” said Minho, a fake yet serious worried countenance on his face.

 

Taemin blushed deeper that he could not contain himself anymore. The oblique surprising confession were figuratively making his face smoldering in scarlet, his voice dead in his throat, his mind blank, his eyes blinking a lot more than essential, his heartbeats speeding up as if in marathon and the paramount of all, detonation of bliss and contentment in him. He knew truly well, who the lucky fan was. Whomever else it would be if it was not himself, Lee Taemin.

 

“Embrace your ‘fan’ in your arms and whisper it once more in his ears, with his name instead.” said Taemin, face inexpressive but his heart was pumping like maniac.

 

“As you wished.” said Minho, drawing closer to his favorite ‘fan’.

 

Minho leisurely s his long arms around Taemin thin frame and gently pulled the younger boy into his warm and snug embrace, just as he wished. He rested his hands on the sides and placed his chin on the shoulder. For a mere while, he tightened the embrace to accentuate the real love he had towards Taemin. The other boy drew in a sharp yet slow gasp.

 

“I love you, Taemin.” whispered Minho sensually into Taemin’s ears.

 

Something revisited his mind.

 

‘“I miss him, hyung. I miss Minki so much. I love him so much that I still can’t let him go. If possible, I’m willing to switch my body with him. I’ll die in exchange for his life. I’m willing to do anything to have him back.”’

 

 ‘“Taemin … he’s so alike to Minki. Sometimes, I see Minki in him.”’

 

Taemin broke the embrace and pulled away all of a sudden. Minho was surprised and let a muted yelp to flow out of his gullet. He looked at Taemin questioningly. A shadow of nervous expression was on his face too. He was afraid of the idea that he was going to be rejected. Taemin stared into his eyes for a long time, trying to commune with the watery dazzling eyes of his.

 

“W-what’s wrong?” asked Minho, goggling at Taemin.

 

“I’m sorry but now, I doubt your love, Minho.” said Taemin, wiping the tears that pooled in his eyes.

 

“Why, Tae?” asked Minho in fear.

 

“Since you found that ring, you should get the idea that I’ve been in your room while you were having your talk with Key-hyung. Yes, I was under the bed and that explains well how the ring ended up there. I’m sorry but I do not intend to eavesdrop, honestly. I couldn’t possibly come out while you’re talking. And I’ve heard everything.” explained Taemin, head lowered and eyes on his laps.

 

“That was just a stupid talk, Taemin.” said Minho.

 

“You said you still love your late boyfriend, Minki. You said we’re alike and sometimes you see him in me. That’s why I’m skeptical about it. I don’t mean to hurt your feelings, really. I’m… I’m scared that you love me just because we’re similar. I want you to see me as Lee Taemin and not Shin Minki. How can I trust you, Minho, after the kiss that we shared months ago?” said Taemin, tears collecting in his eyes again.

 

“Believe me, Tae. I’ve let him go and by then, I realized I love you this whole time.” said Minho, attempting with his to convince the on-the-verge-of-crying boy.

 

“I’m sorry, Minho…” whispered Taemin, a tear slipped and went down his cheek.

 

“Please, Taemin. Don’t do this to me.” said Minho, holding the boy’s fists in his hands.

 

“Fine. I can’t lie. I love you too, Minho. However, at the same time, I can’t get rid of the doubtful feeling in me. Even if we’re in a relationship, it won’t run smoothly. Similar to what people always say, we need each other’s faith to be in a good and happy bond. I’ve everything for you, except trust. I’m sorry about that.” said Taemin, surreptitiously trying to pull his hands away.

 

“What can I do to bring your trust? Tell me anything, I’ll try my best to do it.” said Minho; his hands squeezed Taemin’s small fists.

 

After a long contemplation that was slowly annihilating Minho inwardly, Taemin hoisted his head to connect his deep gaze with Minho’s eyes. They looked at each other. Taemin drew in breath to speak. Minho braced himself for the upcoming words; he really wanted to be together with the maknae, his love.

 

“I’ll give you precisely three months to try to let him go completely. I know there’re some feelings towards him in you. It’s not easy to let a person go, especially your first love. And in the interim, I’ll build my faith and trust for you. To attest your love to me, we’ll meet again to talk about this in three months. Exact three months and exact time. 8.04 p.m., Minho. Wherever we is, don’t be tardy, not even a second.” said Taemin.

 

“Okay. I concur with that.” said Minho, nodding his head.

 

“Yeah. I… I need to give a call to my brother.” uttered Taemin a minute later; lost of topic to converse about.

 

Taemin raised his buttock off the cushion of the couch consequent on making mind not to lie of his words. He actually really needed to have some conversations with Taesun. He had been too busy recently. The tiring events and arduous stage performances were exploiting much of his vigor and time to boot. The warm hands that tenderly clutched his forearm halted him.

 

 “Umm… can we pretend to be lovers during that time?” asked Minho, eyes big and happy grin played on his lips.

 

 “S-sure.” answered Taemin, blush creeping on the smooth skin of him while his face lowered in shyness.

 

“I’m pretty certain that it will greatly help us to achieve our goals.” said Minho.

 

Minho leaned to Taemin’s face and left a sweet long kiss on his cheek. The feeling of his lips against Taemin’s fair skin never fail in creating tingle of joy in his heart. He pulled away and stared at the boy. He was blushing in timorousness. That would have easily make Minho shout inwardly at the adorableness. He leaned in and puckered up his round lips again. He kissed Taemin on the other cheek for a long time, letting his lips fondled on the smooth skin since the owner neither pulled away nor showing any condemnation. Later, he pulled away and beamed at the boy.

 

“Please send my regards to Taesun-hyung.” said Minho.

 

~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~

 

‘… Urghh! Remember all the things that you and I did first?  And now you’re doing it with her? Remember all the things that you and I did first? You got me, got me, like this! Urghh! And now you’re taking her to every restaurant, and everywhere we went, come on! And now you’re taking her to every restaurant. You got me, got me, like this! Urghh! …’

 

The singing voice of Cher Lloyd was entertaining Taemin’s ears through the cute headphones of his. The lyrics, though wholly were in English, (which is an of course, because it is an English song) was basting a natural smile on his lips. He had asked Kibum to lent a hand vis-à-vis the easy and understandable lyrics and the said-member freely did so. It nurtured the smile to linger on his lips wider and for a lengthier time.

 

“Thanks for aiding me with this. I like the song.” said Taemin to Kibum, all the way long, presenting his smile too.

 

“No biggies, Taemin.” replied Kibum, sauntering his way to his luggage near the door to sort out his things.

 

Taemin relaxed his body on the hotel single bed and all of his weary muscles loosened up against the restful soft mattress, resulting in a low long sigh to stream out of his gorge. He opened his arms and spread his thin legs wide on the bed; eyes closed and chest heaving up and down in slow tempo. He stayed stationary on the bed and readily let drowsiness to govern him.

 

It had been accurately three months ever since the promise was made involving him and Minho at the couch in their dorm. Seeing as the entire SHINee had a grouped-activity in Los Angeles, presently, they were in an elegant hotel and checking out their rooms. According to their manager, Kibum would be sharing the room with him. Adjacent to theirs, would be Minho and Jonghyun’s room whilst Jinki had to share his room with the manager.

 

“Taemin? When are you going to organize your things?” asked Kibum, as his hands busily taking out the items out of the baggage.

 

“Later, hyung…” whispered Taemin, rolling on his side; his back facing Kibum and eyes shut close.

 

“Better do it now. I know you’re tired but get that headset off your ears and do it now.” ordered Kibum, still systematizing his belongings.

 

“It’s okay, hyung. I’ll do it later at midnight.” whispered Taemin; eyes were half-lidded as he peeped stealthily at the surrounding.

 

“Fine. It’s up to you. I’m going over to the manager and Onew’s room. I need to ask something about my outfit for tomorrow.”

 

“Hyung, what time is it?” inquired Taemin, rotating on another side and looked at Kibum.

 

“8 o’clock.” enunciated Kibum, shutting his luggage close after he gave a fleeting glimpse at the watch.

 

Taemin rested his body back into his previous position. Kibum made his way to the door and exited through entrance wordlessly. The atmosphere in the room became hushed and voiceless slowly. Taemin was neither moving nor making any noise. Mutely, a minute passed by, yet the whole thing was still remaining stagnant. Taemin was still on his bed; his arms and legs spread wide. Ultimately, a loud hum flowed out of his mouth.

 

“Don’t be any more stupid, Minho.” whispered Taemin; his feelings were mixing together in disquiet.

 

 Inwardly, Taemin counted second by second, anxiety filed up his heart slowly. He persistently counted until it totted up to a few minutes. His ears were widely opened whereas his eyes were tightly sealed for any interloper of beam. His heartbeats were expediting as he waited for any tap on the door. He waited and waited and waited uncomplainingly.

 

KNOCK! KNOCK!

 

Taemin spared a momentary look at his phone and arched on a disheartened smile. He took off his headphone slowly. He hauled his body sluggishly off the mattress and heaved out a sigh as he gawked at the door. With a swift movement, he deposited his legs onto the floor and put his whole weight on them as he stood up. He walked to the door and opened it. There he was; the one he had been tolerantly waiting, Minho. The tall stature of the rapper met his eyes as he looked at Minho. There was a broad merry grin on Minho’s visage that, somehow, made Taemin fancied to wipe it off.

 

“I came, Taemin. I’ve come here to talk about it.” said Minho; the smile was ineffaceable on his face.

 

The other boy neither answered nor budged on his spot. Minho sited his palms on Taemin’s shoulders and drove the boy deeper into the room as his round eyes attached on the other’s pretty ones. With his long limb that was wrapped slackly with his pants, he jolted the door close. Minho gazed into Taemin’s pair of spellbinding eyes and leaned his face towards the boy’s pokerfaced visage at a snail's pace.

 

“No, Minho. We promised to be prompt, right? It’s 8.06 p.m. now. You’re supposed to come at 8.04 p.m. You’re late two minutes. You’re late, Minho. You broke your promise.” said Taemin; someway, his eyes were saying sorry to the rapper.

 

Minho did not want a ‘sorry’ from Taemin.

 

He wished he still had his chance.

 

~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~

 

I am sorry for the late update. I went to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a holiday vacation with my family. So, how is this update? Yes, they do love each other but there’re setbacks that encumber their progress. Let’s see how it’ll go in upcoming chapter. Please look forward to it, okay. About the song that Taemin listened to, here is the link if you wanna check it out. 

 

Title: Want U Back.

 

Sung by: Cher Lloyd.

 

Album: Stick + Stone

 

Sapphire_Headphone