Aftermath

Connection

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONNECTION.

 

AFTERMATH

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Taemin!” yelled Kibum, staggered at the swaying skinny body in front of him.

 

Before the unconscious boy could land his thin body and pinched visage squared on the stage, the deeply apprehensive Kibum caught him in his arms reflexively. The song ended providentially just in time, chanting of the fans was still booming in the surrounding. The inert boy was leaning completely against Kibum.

 

“Taemin, wake up!” yelled Kibum into the unmoving boy’s ear rather loudly.

 

Zilch was replied to him back. Kibum was concerned and afraid at the same time; his fingers were nearly shaking in fear of what could have happened to their youngest member. He tautly wrapped his arms around the fainted dancer, fully supporting him with his body. The other members were probably oblivious of the unforeseen situation at the rear of them since their backs were facing him. However, Kibum was vaguely certain that they would know something was wrong since he yelled just now.

 

“Taemin!” yelled Kibum again, demanding response from the boy in his arms.

 

Similar to prior response; nothing came from the boy. Kibum was getting more worried. The members started to budge from their poses; some were already friendlily waving at the screaming fans. He shifted to a more apt position. He draped his arm around Taemin’s waist and held him. Jonghyun and Minho were already shuffling towards the stairs.

 

“Onew-hyung, help me, please.” said Kibum, calling out for Jinki.

 

Luckily, in spite of the deafening screaming of fans, Jinki heard Kibum’s voice faintly. The leader turned around and widened his eyes at the sight of closed-eyes Taemin. He immediately rushed to Kibum’s side and lent a hand. His mouth made a small gap as he stared at the unconscious Taemin, trying hard to fathom the cause of the abrupt circumstance out.

 

Just as they stepped off the stage, Taemin gradually hoisted his head and gave short glances around him. His vision was blurred and hazy. He blinked a few times to obtain a clearer sight while his lips gaping a tiny bit in vagueness. The other offstage idols looked at the three of them puzzlingly; all of them were having a concerned countenance on their features.

 

“What’s wrong with him, Key?” asked Leeteuk, who happened to be close to them.

 

“We don’t know, hyung. He’s having blackout, I guess.” answered Kibum, eyes fixed on Taemin’s back.

 

Jinki let out an annoyed shout softly and carried Taemin onto his back. He draped the thin limbs around him and rested the boy’s head on his right shoulder. Cautiously, he piggybacked the now half-conscious boy to their waiting room. Taemin was mumbling words into Jinki’s ear but the leader was too anxious to comprehend the mixed utterance. He speculated that Taemin might not fully conscious yet.

 

“Whoa! What happened?” yelled Jonghyun when Kibum kicked the door open.

 

“Taemin!” shouted Minho, eyes enlarged in shock of the dancer’s worrisome condition.

 

Jinki walked quickly yet carefully to the nearest couch he could reach and put the boy on it. Taemin’s eyes were closed and his pale lips were moving, burbling incoherent words. Minho instantly knelt down in front of the couch, frowning as he looked at the sickly-looking boy. Kibum reached his hand for a bottle of mineral water on the coffee table near them. He unscrewed the lid frantically and handed it to Minho.

 

“Drink this, Taemin.” said Minho worriedly, giving the bottle to Taemin.

 

Surprisingly, Taemin’s hand actually took the bottle even though in slow pace. All and sundry got the point that he was gaining consciousness progressively. His thin fingers wrapped themselves around the bottle and brought the cylindrical item to his lips. He took a small sip of the plain water and shook his head to abate the headache.

 

“Drink more, Taemin.” said Kibum, his forefingers were twiddling with the fabric of his clothe nervously.

 

Taemin obeyed and gulped more of the water from the transparent bottle. Shortly later, he passed the bottle back to Minho; half of the water was gone. He brought his hands to his hair and ran his fingers along the hair. He held on lock of his hair, trying hard to assuage the irksome headache. The concerned pairs of eyes staring at him were not blinking at all. Jinki stretched his arm out and palmed Taemin’s slightly warm forehead.

 

“Why you didn’t tell us that you’re having fever, Taemin?” asked Jinki, heaving out a sigh later.

 

“Headache.” answered Taemin, eyes tightly closed as he whimpered loudly.

 

Each member of SHINee stared nervously at the youngest member as he battled inwardly with the headache. Shrill whimpers filled the atmosphere in the room; each second, they became louder. Minho was turning extremely worried by looking at the whining Taemin. Unknowingly, his hands were already engulfing Taemin’s hands in his. He could clearly feel that the palms of the boy’s smaller hands were sweaty and clammy.

 

“SHINee, your van has arrived. You’re allowed to return to your dorm early today.” announced their manager loudly at the door.

 

~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~

 

“Why you didn’t tell me, Tae-ah?” asked Minho, a look of deadly worried was on his visage as he looked at Taemin.

 

“Ahh …” whined Taemin quietly, his head felt really heavy.

 

“It’s okay. Don’t answer that. Try to get some rest, okay?” said Minho, earning a glassily empty look from the younger boy.

 

Minho s his left arm around Taemin’s shoulders and squeezed them loosely. With his right hand, he rested the boy’s head on his shoulder. He the side of Taemin’s body with his left hand while the right one rubbed the side of Taemin’s head, in hope of soothing the pain. Taemin closed his eyes slowly and enjoyed the warmth of Minho. He breathed calmly in steady pace. The that Minho was offering to him were undeniably good and comforting.

 

‘“I miss him, hyung. I miss Minki so much. I love him so much that I still can’t let him go. If possible, I’m willing to switch my body with him. I’ll die in exchange for his life. I’m willing to do anything to have him back.”’

 

Taemin opened his eyes back suddenly, blinking idly to naught. He shifted in his position and lifted his head off the rapper’s shoulder. He removed the arms that were enfolded around his shoulders, feeling a little weirdly guilty in his heart. He turned his head towards Minho. A surprised countenance formed on Minho’s no-flaw features. His arms settled as Taemin left them. A sad smile was slowly curled on Taemin’s lips as their eyes met each other for a long moment.

 

“Sorry, hyung. I don’t think it’s the right thing to do that.” whispered Taemin almost-inaudibly, his eyes wetted a little.

 

Minho looked at the watery eyes of Taemin. He realized about the tears that were pooling in the boy’s pair of brown eyes. He was puzzled but presumed that it was due to the headache that was attacking his brain. He shaped a reassuring smile on his lips for Taemin. The said-boy was now baffled by Minho’s unexpected act.

 

“Oh, see that. Now, you’re crying, huh?” said Minho, the smile still fixed on his visage.

 

Minho enveloped his arm back around the younger boy’s shoulders and let the small head rest itself on his shoulder again. He affectionately the side of Taemin’s head and body. He hummed to a sweet lullaby for Taemin; the rhythm of his was accord with his humming. Taemin was taken aback by Minho’s unpredicted acts. He raised his head to look at Minho. Their eyes met for a short while.

 

“Try to sleep, Tae-ah. I’ll wake you up afterward.” said Minho caringly, smiling brotherly at him.

 

A short kiss was planted on Taemin’s warm forehead by the rapper. Fraction of a second later, the pair of long arms embraced him fleetingly into a snug hug. Inwardly, he was smiling as wide as ever. ‘So, this is how it feels when he kissed me on the forehead and hugged me while I’m sleeping.’ thought Taemin. He was bemused by his own mixed-up emotions. In a little while, the comforting skin contacts enfeebled him. He closed his eyes and exhaled slow and silently. Perhaps, Minho was right.

 

He maybe need some sleep.

 

~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~

 

Minho laid the thin body in his arms onto the soft springy mattress of the bed. Taemin shifted a little to alter himself to a more comfortable sleeping position; letting out a small whine when his head was in contact with the fluffy pillow. The older boy tucked him under the thick warm blanket lovingly. He swept the strands of hairs that were sprawling on the boy’s forehead away.

 

He was feeling odd.

 

Taemin was beguilingly too beautiful to be called a ‘human’ to him lately.

 

 

He was feeling strange.

 

Taemin was enthrallingly too tempting to him more than others did recently.

 

 

He was feeling outlandish.

 

Taemin was anomalously too alluring to him whenever they made contact.

 

 

Minho slowly opened his eyes. His face was inches from Taemin’s face and their lips were infinitesimally almost brushing against each other. He looked down at those enticing pair of pinkish y lips. He did not know when he moved from his prior location but the only thing he knew was now, he was facing Taemin’s beatific visage. ‘No, Minho. I don’t want to make the same mistake again.’ thought Minho. He inched away from the lips; eyes still glued on them.

 

He brought his hand to the sleeping boy’s brow and fondled it. He palmed and rubbed the top of the head tenderly. Realizing that he had stared too long at the lips, he disconnected the longing gaze and looked upwards. The brown orbs of the eyes stared at his, a little widely opened. Minho was bowled over and embarrassed. Taemin was actually awake since few minutes ago.

 

“Hyung …” uttered Taemin softly, sprinkle of surprised mixed in his tone.

 

Minho moved away from Taemin’s pinkish face, his face turning rosy as well. He was about to say sorry when the weak grip on his arm withdrew his voice. He looked at the small hands that were gripping on his arm. Taemin looked at him with a small smile loitering on his lips. His eyes showed that he was still fighting with the throbbing lengthy headache.

 

“Do it again. Please …” whispered Taemin; his voice sounded feverish.

 

“Do what?” asked Minho, unable to catch the point.

 

Taemin’s hand took Minho’s one and he brought them to his head. With his small hand palming over Minho’s bigger one, he moved Minho’s hand to his head, just as Minho did just now. His closed eyes reopened after he stopped doing the . Minho looked at him with unblinking eyes.

 

“Do that again to me, please … It’s alleviating the headache.” said Taemin.

 

Minho neither replied nor moved.

 

“I know it’s wrong to do that. But, please …” said Taemin, smiling sickly.

 

Ultimately, Minho blinked his eyes. A smile sprouted on his face. He knelt down beside the bed and looked into Taemin’s eyes. He fondled the ill boy’s head gently, toying with the silky locks simultaneously. The brown drowsy eyes closed gradually. Minho continued doing so for good minutes, lovingly lulling the youngest member to sleep.

 

“Taemin?” called Minho, looking at the closed-eyes.

 

He obtained zero response. Minho assumed that Taemin was already sleeping. The slow and steady breathing harmonizing with the rising and falling of the chest of the boy confirmed it all. He leaned in and gave a sweet light kiss on the forehead. Later, he simply hugged the body.

 

“Minho?” called somebody out of blue.

 

Minho raised his head and look over at the direction of the familiar voice. Kibum was standing at the entrance of the room; his body was leaning completely against the doorframe. He was presenting a brotherly smile on his face to Minho. Minho quickly stood up as he realized the thing he had done. Who knew Kibum might have watched his doings?

 

“Can we have a talk for a while?” asked Kibum, gesturing at the door of Minho’s room.

 

“Sure, hyung.” answered Minho, adjusting the blanket over Taemin before turning his heels towards the diva-like member.

 

Kibum turned around and paced away from the room to Minho’s one. Minho walked to the light switch and flicked it off. He looked at Taemin in silhouette and heaved a sigh. He closed the door noiselessly. He could hear faint voice of Kibum, calling him to be faster. Minho paced a little quicker to his own room. He entered and found Kibum sitting at the seat near the window.

 

“What again this time?” asked Minho, sitting at the bed.

 

“If you don’t want to talk about our ailing maknae, then, you have to deal with it.” replied Kibum, scanning his eyes over the neat books organized on the table.

 

Minho let out a bored sigh. Kibum the row of books and suddenly stopped on one of them. He picked it out and smirked at the rapper on the bed. Minho instantly seized the book from Kibum relentlessly. The other boy expected this response beforehand and grew a smirk on his feminine face instead.

 

“Don’t touch people’s stuffs, hyung. You told me that!” scolded Minho, scowling at the other.

 

“Something’s in it, right? It must’ve relation with your late boyfriend. Shin Minki, right? What’s in it, may I see?” asked Kibum, craning towards the book.

 

“Stop that meddlesome character of yours, hyung.” said Minho, kind of pouting.

 

Kibum snorted and looked away.

 

“Fine! I’m here to talk about Taemin anyway.” said Kibum, dropping the topic.

 

“What is it this time, hyung?” asked Minho, showing apathetic expression.

 

“Well, honestly, I lied. It’s about you actually. But, it’s still connected with Taemin.” admitted Kibum, sitting beside Minho on the bed.

 

Minho slowly turned his head and looked at Kibum. He warily placed the book next to him and sighed. The atmosphere in the room became sober slowly. There was only hush filling the room, disturbed by their breathings.  

 

“Do you remember what you told me regarding Minki month ago?” asked Kibum, raising his sharp eyebrows up.

 

“Yes. I told you … I still love him. And I, sometimes, see him in Taemin. Taemin is so alike to him.” said Minho, recalling the last talk he had with Kibum; around a month ago in his room.

 

“I think you should let him go, Minho.” said Kibum, reaching his hands for Minho’s ones.

 

Minho was not expecting the line to come out of Kibum’s mouth. He looked at Kibum for a mere jiffy and altered his eyes on the vacant floor later. He mused deeply about every sole word that Kibum said. He deemed the rights and wrongs of the action. Kibum embraced Minho’s fists with his hands and tightened them as the younger boy pondered over his words.

 

“I’m positive that it’s the correct thing, Minho. I’m certain that Minki wishes for you to do the same thing too. You should move on in your life. You’re currently living in your past, you know. Move ahead, Minho.” said Kibum, uttering each word with pure candor in his voice.

 

“I … I can’t, hyung.” whispered Minho, voicing out the weak side of him.

 

“Says who? Never says that again. Yes, of course you can. You have SHINee around you for support. We’ll always back you up. Especially Taemin, Minho. He’s always by your side, right?” said Kibum, trying to elevate Minho’s spirit.

 

“I … I know. But …” Minho was endeavoring to find suitable words to convey his blended feelings inside of him.

 

“Minho, listen to me. Taemin is always by your side. He cares for you all the time. He smiles when you’re happy. He cheers for you when you’re losing. He’s actually comfortable with the fan-services you did together even though he hardly agrees with it. To him, you’re the best hyung among SHINee. You’re, for eternity, the most preeminent being in his eyes. Minho, he loves you.” said Kibum, sincerely pouring out everything that he realized this whole time.

 

It was the second time Kibum mentioned that.

 

“Don’t talk poppycock, hyung.” asked Minho.

 

“If it involves Taemin’s happiness, I won’t lie. I swear, he told me that. It’s just that, I think he’s back to his usual self now. He’s back to his matured personality. I’m not complaining or anything but something must’ve happened. And today, he fainted on stage. Luckily, we’ve ended our performance at that time.” said Kibum, the earlier moment when Taemin had blackout flashed in his mind.

 

“Yes, I’m quite suspicious that something must’ve happened too. He’s a little …-” said Minho, recalling when they were in the van just now.

 

‘“Sorry, hyung. I don’t think it’s the right thing to do that.”’

 

“…- weird to me in the van.” continued Minho, hesitant of his words.

 

Kibum stood up and exhaled purposely loud. Minho looked at the back of the older boy that was facing him. Kibum turned around and curled a brotherly smile on his visage. He drew a lungful of air to speak.

 

“Anyhow, the gist of our talk is about you and not him. I’m advising you as a good friend and hyung. Please let Minki go and move on with your life. Stop living in your past, Minho. Please, unlock your heart for your special one. I don’t know who, but you’ll certainly find your soul mate if you listen to me. Shin Minki is in your past. He’s gone now. Move on, Minho.” said Kibum, still holding on the smile.

 

Minho smiled as he was touched with Kibum’s words. He never expected the older member to be that caring to him. Unknowingly, a wide smile had already blossomed on his charismatic face.

 

“No. Don’t thank me. I do this for your own sake. I hope you’re going to do the right thing, Minho. Be a matured adult and act wisely.” said Kibum before Minho even got the chance to speak.

 

Minho smiled. A matured adult. Definitely.

 

~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~

 

The book that was sited on the bed earlier was picked up by Minho. He exhaled noisily as he sat, landing his buttocks fully on the seat. He put the book on the table and opened it slowly. His heart was racing as he looked at the beautiful contents. He traced the pretty and neat italic writing on the vaguely yellowing paper.

 

If you love somebody, let him or her go.-SHIN MINKI-

 

 

Minho looked at his own italic writing on the next page.

 

If you love somebody, hold to him or her. -CHOI MINHO-

 

 

The reminiscence of the time when they were younger and immature came into his mind. He remembered everything clearly till today. He and Minki were childishly bandying words about ‘love’. In the long run, the topic was left hanging without any of them won the argument. He mulled over the words written on the pages. A silly chuckle succeeded in making its way out of his gullet.

 

“If you love somebody, hold to him or her ….  If you love somebody, let him or her go ….” said Minho particularly to no one.

 

Few pictures, the ones that flew during their last talk, slipped out between the pages. Minho took the set of photos and held them in his hands. He stared at each photo, evoking the sweet moments of him and Minki. One by one, he reminisced the past. His eyes widened when he passed the last photo.

 

Something was not right. Something was not here. Something was lost.

 

Minho flicked through the book and did not found it. He looked through the other books that were lined up in a row and yet, got nothing. He scanned his eyes over the table. Frantically, he pulled the drawers, digging his hand into them, searching for it. It was not there. His eyes caught the dustbin, filled with useless papers, near the table. He scavenged for it in the small dustbin and obtained the same naught.

 

“Oh God! Where is it?” said Minho rather loudly, eyes all over the room.

 

 He held on locks of his hair in frustration. Suddenly, something hit his mind. ‘Maybe it slipped somewhere because of the wind last month!’ guessed Minho inwardly. Minho’s eyes caught the under of the bed. He bent down on the floor and looked into the dark under the bed. He stretched his arm out and felt everywhere on the floor though it was pretty dusty.

 

His palm caught a flat item. A relieved smile immediately grew on his lips. A sigh was let out. He was about to pull his hand out when he felt another thing. A quite cubic box. Minho’s eyebrows touched together as he pulled both the photo and small box out. He was wholly sure that he never ever left anything under the bed. He stared at the box wrapped in rosy red paper for a long time.

 

Should he? Should he not? Should he? Should he not? Should he?

 

Minho tore the wrapping paper and threw it on the floor, not caring where it flew. His eyes were fixed on the small box.  His heart was pounding hard; too hard for him to stay calm. Minho closed his eyes and opened them back. With a deep breath taken, he opened the box and peeped inside.

 

A silver ring.

 

He took out the ring slowly from the box and brought it closer to his face. He was unsure why his heart was racing like crazy. His breathing was shaky too. Minho scrutinized it carefully and found something carved on the silver round thing.

 

It was a ‘MIN’.

 

Two persons popped out in his mind. Taemin and Minki. ‘Could this be one of Minki’s old gifts for me? But, I don’t remember getting this from him. Whose ring is this?’ thought Minho deeply. As he was lost in his train of thought, his eyes grasped another object in the box. He took the piece of pink paper out and noticed something was written on it in black ink.

 

Every question that flooded his mind earlier was answered in one-go.

 

‘I love you, Minho-hyung. From: Taemin.’

 

~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~

 

Minho dipped his knees onto the bed carefully soundless and craned to look at the sleeping figure at the other side. He crawled slowly to Taemin and sat next to him. The closed-eyes, the cute nose, and the cheekbones that seemed to show up a little, the plump pinkish pair of attractive lips, the fair smooth skin, the ideal jaw line; the whole thing looked perfect with Taemin. Minho brushed away the tress of his hair that almost curtained his closed-eyes. He rested his hand on top of Taemin’s forehead, feeling the warm temperature.

 

“Ahh …” whimpered Taemin softly in his slumber.

 

An obvious grimace was shown on his mug as he whimpered louder, turning his head side to side. Minho got himself into a stew about the worrying acts immediately. He patted on Taemin’s head to shush the whimpering ill boy. It seemed not to be effective. The whines were rising in volume instead. He hummed to haphazard lullaby to calm Taemin down, his palm the head.

 

“Taemin, calm down. Hyung is here. Don’t worry.” mumbled Minho, trying his best to hush the sleeping boy.

 

Taemin still did not silent down. Ultimately, Minho enveloped his long arms around the body as his last resort. He stayed motionless for a few minutes, hearing the whining petering away. Anon, the room filled with night tranquility again but Minho was still not freeing Taemin. His eyes were unblinking as he nestled Taemin in his homely embrace. He felt something indescribable in him.

 

When the younger boy stirred in discomfort, he quickly undraped his limbs from the body and inched away. He was breathing fairly hard as he gazed at Taemin. He did not know what was wrong with him tonight. When he gave a close look at the face, a slight frown could be seen. He assumed right away that Taemin might be having a bad dream or was still dealing with his headache. Minho closed his eyes and exhaled out a sigh.

 

“Come here, Tae-ah.” whispered Minho, particularly to nobody.

 

He lifted Taemin off the mattress and carried the boy quietly to his side. He gently laid Taemin’s head on his midriff and let the boy’s hands rested on his abs. Taemin adjusted himself in the novel cozy position in his sleep. The frown that marred his perfect visage previously had disappeared completely. Minho took a fluffy white pillow and put it under his pate. He coiled his arm around Taemin’s waist and caressed the silky hair dotingly. At times, his hand would travel downwards along the back of Taemin, and went up back again.

 

He felt different from usual tonight. Something was blooming in his heart; he was certain of that. He looked down at the adorable face of Taemin. ‘No way …’ thought Minho, feasting his eyes over the flawlessness of the features.

 

‘‘If you love somebody, let him or her go.’’

 

‘“Please let Minki go and move on with your life. Stop living in your past, Minho. Please, unlock your heart for your special one. I don’t know who, but you’ll certainly find your soul mate if you listen to me. Shin Minki is in your past. He’s gone now. Move on, Minho.”’

 

‘‘I love you, Minho-hyung. From: Taemin.’’

 

Minho thought about it over and over continuously. There was fifty-fifty possibility that Kibum and Minki were right. Hour of solemn thoughtful contemplation rolled by, Minho, in due course, made up his mind. After fondling the boy’s body for a long time, his eyelids finally became adequately heavy to signify that he was sleepy. He gazed down at Taemin affectionately.

 

“Goodnight, Mr. Mush …” Minho terminated his line and stared keenly at the innocent face.

 

A beam developed on his lips as he thought of something new.

 

“Goodnight, Mr. Mindy.” whispered him into Taemin’s ear softly.

 

~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~

 

I am sorry for the late update. Up there, Taemin was sick and gladly Minho was being a little not stupid in here. And … about Minho’s feeling towards Taemin, I think you know about it. If you’re curious on why Minho called Taemin ‘Mr. Mindy’, stay tuned to the future chapters. I got the idea of blackout when I remembered that once, Taemin fainted during ‘Sherlock’ onstage. I see the bright side of the incident and am proud of Taemin. He managed to end the performance before fainting. It showed that he didn’t want to disappoint anyone. (Sweet boy!) He’s a hardworking person, no doubt. ^^ If any of you haven’t watched it yet, I’ll kindly share with you.

 

Video: [fancam] 110322 SHINee - Sherlock + Taemin felt on Key @ Inki.

 

Credit: gyapower06

 

Via: Youtube.com

 

P.S: Any ‘Eunhae’ shipper out there? Here’s a candy for you! ^^ Check out my friend’s fanfic. I think it’s a good one. Thank you.

 

‘Don’t Leave Me Again.’

 

 

Sapphire_Headphone

 

~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~         ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~          ~♪♪♪~