Friends For Never

Dangerous Love

"What...? What do you mean?" Luhan asked Sehun. He stood there with his mouth open not quite understanding what Sehun had asked.

 

"I meant exactly what I said. What is love?" Sehun repeated. There was no one answer to this question. But, Sehun wanted Luhan to respond with the answer that would satisfy him most. Love, Sehun thought, was him and Luhan. It made perfect sense to him. The feelings between them could never be surpassed by another couple.

 

"It... It doesn't matter what it is, Sehun. Love..." Luhan hesitated at the answer. "Love is the feelings I get when I'm with you."

 

Sehun was silent, pondering whether or not Luhan's answer was acceptable. 

 

"I-I have to leave now," Luhan stammered as he looked at his phone. "Give me an answer soon, okay?" Luhan gave Sehun a quick hug and headed out the door. 

 

*****

 

"Why are you calling me?"

 

"Xiumin... Can we talk?"

 

"We're talking right now, aren't we?"

 

"Meet me at Mocha Coffee Shop."

 

Silence. "Fine." Click.

 

*****

 

Xiumin walks into Mocha Coffee Shop. He looks around for Sehun, who hasn't arrived yet. Xiumin takes a seat at a table near the wall. A waitress approaches him.

 

"What would you like to order?" the waitress asks. Xiumin doesn't look at her and just stares at his phone looking at the time.

 


"Just a red velvet cake and a hot latte with extra whipped cream," Xiumin says, bored.

 

"And, I'd like a yogurt green tea drink." Xiumin looks up to see Sehun pulling out the chair and sitting down in front of him. The waitress nods as she takes down their orders and she leaves.

 

"So, what do you want to say?" Xiumin asks, leaning forward to study Sehun's face. Sehun smiled and leans forward too, so his nose is just inches away from Xiumin's. 

 

"Nothing much, Xiuminnie," Sehun says as he smirks. Xiumin groans and lean back in his chair, shaking his head. He hates it when Sehun calls him Xiuminnie. 

 

"God, Sehun. If you want me to apologize for stealing your boyfriend, I won't do it," Xiumin looks a back to Sehun who is staring at him. "Luhan has been avoiding me lately, anyways. Hopefully that makes you feel better."

 

"No, hyung. That's not what I came to talk about," Sehun mumbled, looking down at his hands which were folded in front of him.

 

"Don't. Call. Me. Hyung," Xiumin says, taking at breath after each word. "We're not hyung and dongsaeng anymore, okay? That was in the past. Ever since we met Luhan, we've been enemies."

 

"But... I want to change that," Sehun whispers, just loud enough so that Xiumin could hear. The waitress approaches them and places down their drinks and food. 

 

"Well, I don't," Xiumin snaps. They both eat and drink in silence for 5 minutes. Xiumin broke the silence after he finished his red velvet cake. "Sehun... Luhan will be mine in the end."

 

"I don't care. I want to be friends again," Sehun pouts and mumbles.

 

"Goddammit, Sehun. Whenever you're nervous, you always mumble. I thought you've already gotten over that habit of yours already!" Xiumin exclaimed, stuffing another piece of the red velvet cake into his mouth.

 

Sehun sighed and looked away from Xiumin. Xiumin glanced at Sehun, almost wishing they really were friends again. 

 

"Xiumin. I'm.. I'm going to get back together with Luhan. He came over earlier and told me he wanted to... and I think I'm going to agree to it," Sehun said. Xiumin stared at his cake and picked at it, not sure what to say. Should he approve it? 

 

After a while, Xiumin finally gave his answer. "Fine. What does that have to do with me, anyways?"

 

Sehun looked at Xiumin, surprised. Xiumin almost laughed, looking at the startles look on Sehun's face. He remembered the times they had together a year back. Before they started working for KAA Management. Before they met Luhan. "I mean," Xiumin said, "if that's what you want to do, then whatever, right? You can do what you want." But, this doesn't mean I'm giving up, Xiumin thought. 

 

"I guess... thanks," Sehun said, smiling softly. Xiumin finished his cake and called for the check. The two boys paid and went their separate ways.

 

 

 

 

 


Note from Authornim:

So, yeah. Xiumin may sound a bit mean and cocky or whatever. But, at least he let Sehun get back together with Luhan, right? Well, to Sehun it seemed that Xiumin approved, at least. We'll have some Hunhan next chapter. Fluff or ? Please comment ;D