The Break-up

Dangerous Love

 

The boys headed back to Korea a day after the trip to the amusement park. Sehun had to immediately leave Luhan and return back to EXO-K. Each group had interviews to attend, commercials to film, and photo shoots to complete. Lay had also gotten hurt and both groups visited him in the hospital. He was released after just a day. Sehun didn't think that was right. The MAMA Awards in Hong Kong were coming up and the group had to practice singing and dancing to Mirotic by TVXQ/DBSK. Sehun hoped that Lay would get better soon. The fans that they met were all worried and wished for Lay's health to improve. Other than the hospital meeting and the dance practices together, Sehun and Luhan only met one another a few times and went out for bubble tea not twice. Sehun hoped that their relationship would improve after the MAMA Awards happened. He wondered many times if Luhan felt the same way.

 

At the MAMA Awards, EXO-K ended up not receiving the Rookie Award. It was embarrassing to Sehun and he knew the other members felt the same. Luhan had hugged him and told him it was alright. Xiumin was sitting on the other side of Luhan. Sehun noticed him trying to not notice them. Sehun had the urge to kiss Luhan right then and there, but SM had warned them of displaying their affection amongst the fans. 

 

And then, EXO won the Best New Asian Group Award (or something). 

 

"Sehun! We won! We won! You don't have to cry now Sehun!" Luhan screamed as he dragged Sehun to the stage. Sehun's eyes were wide and he was speechless. 

 

The moment went by as a blur. All Sehun could remember after returning back to their dorms were the fans cheering for them, the excitement in the air, and the feeling that he had just achieved his dream. 

 

** a few weeks later **

 

Sehun was walking down the street to Cafe Amour. He and Luhan had made plans to meet at 3:00pm. Even though it was only 2:00pm at the time, Sehun wanted to arrive early and grab a seat by the window on the second floor. It was Luhan's favorite place to sit. Sehun smiled, remembering the day Luhan introduced him to the cafe. It was over a year ago, but Sehun could still remember it vividly. Luhan had been so excited and ordered half the items on the 50-item menu so that Sehun could try everything.

 

Approaching the cafe, Sehun looked up to the second floor of the building. There was a person sitting at the table near the window. Sehun stopped for the traffic light and hoped that the person would leave soon. Once the light changed, the boy stood up as a second person approached him. Sehun smiled as the two boys walked away from the window. 

 

Now, the table belongs to me, Sehun though happily. Sehun walked inside as a waitress greeted him. Sehun smiled at her and walked up the stairs to the second floor. 

Here's a too-big picture of how the cafe looks

 

As Sehun approached the top of the steps, he saw a couple kissing across a table against a wall. The boy with his back facing Sehun had his hoodie pulled over his head. (So, he had his hood of his hoodie on, you know what I mean?) The boy who was kissing him was Xiumin. Surprise! Sehun walked off the steps as he took in the scene in front of him. He was so sure Xiumin had been after Luhan's attention. 

 

When two boys pulled away from each other. Xiumin noticed Sehun and smiled. Sehun was confused. Why would Xiumin smile at him? Was it a sign of peace? Did Xiumin give up on Luhan already? Sehun walked over to the couple. The boy with the hoodie pulled down his hood, revealing blond messy hair. Xiumin looked up at Sehun.

 

"Hey," Xiumin said. He smirked. The boy sitting across from him turned around.

 

"Sehun! You're early!" Sehun looked down at Luhan, the color draining from his face. It was Luhan who had been kissing Xiumin. 

 

"Luhan..." Sehun said. His voice was full of confusion and hurt. He felt like he was on the verge of tears.

 

"I got here early and I met Xiumin," Luhan said, getting worried. "What's wrong? Are you okay? We were chatting."

 

"Sehun-ah. Grab a seat and sit down," Xiumin offered. Sehun at that moment wanted to slap him. The anger inside of him swelled up as he had to try and restrain himself. 

 

Luhan stood up and grabbed a chair at a nearby table for Sehun. He hugged Sehun and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. But, Sehun only pushed him away.

 

"What...?" Luhan asked as he stumbled backwards. He had a look of hurt on his face. "Sehun, are you okay? Are you tired? Maybe we should have cancelled the plan today." Luhan sat back down on his seat. Xiumin said only nothing. Sehun couldn't take it anymore - all the pain and the anger inside of him. 

 

"Stop acting so innocent, Luhan! It's over between me and you!" Sehun screamed. Tears started to come to his eyes and everything blurred. Sehun blinked away the tears and he tried not to look at either Luhan or Xiumin as he turned around to leave. Sehun knew that Luhan was devastated at the sudden decision. 

 

"What? Why? What did I do?" Luhan asked. His voice was shaking as he grabbed Sehun's hand. Sehun shook Luhan's hand off his own. 

 

"You should go into acting, Luhan. You're such a great actor. I didn't even realize what kind of person you are until now." Sehun pulled the ring on his finger that Luhan had given him a few days ago. He threw it back to Luhan. 

 

"What did I do, Sehun? You could at least tell me that!" Luhan scrambled over to the place the ring landed and picked it up.

 

"STOP IT. I saw it, Luhan! You think I didn't but I did." 

 

"What did you see?" Luhan asked, practically begging for the information. Sehun couldn't understand how Luhan could pretend that he still loved him. 

 

"He saw our kiss," Xiumin said. Luhan was silent as Sehun walked back to the stairs.

 

"I hate you, Luhan. Don't even think about apologizing. I'm tired of you and your ," Sehun said. He walked down the stairs and heard Luhan sobbing while Xiumin tried to comfort him. The waitresses didn't bid him farewell - they probably heard the short arguement and didn't want to bother Sehun. 

 

Sehun left the cafe knowing that Xiumin had won but Sehun wasn't going to admit defeat - at least not anytime soon.