Chapter 2

Obsession

Ryeowook's health took a turn for the worst. He became bedridden and he developed a high fever that refused to go down.

 

All of the members, excluding Kyuhyun, tried to convince Ryeowook to see a doctor but he refused, saying it was only a cold.

 

After two weeks, Leeteuk called a doctor unknown to Ryeowook. He barely had enough strength to protest.

 

The doctor checked him over before turning to Leeteuk sadly, “I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do. He needs to be treated at a hospital.”

 

Ryeowook weakly protested, “No...please don't make me go hyung.”

 

Leeteuk glanced back at Ryeowook, hushing him quietly and turned back to the doctor. He nodded to the man, “Thank you very much. I'll take care of him now.”

 

The doctor nodded understandingly before taking his leave.

 

Leeteuk sighed softly, sitting on Ryeowook's bed. He laid a hand on Ryeowook's knee and said, “You have to go Ryeowook. You can't just lay here and die. You need to get better.”

 

Ryeowook felt tears slid down his cheeks as he shook his head, “Please hyung...”

 

“Please what, Ryeowook? Tell me what's wrong?”

 

Ryeowook shook his head, “Kyuhyun...he wouldn't like it.” He buried his face in his palms, trembling.

 

Leeteuk pulled Ryeowook into his chest, the younger's hair. He asked quietly, “Is he the one who did this to you?”

 

Ryeowook didn't respond.

 

Leeteuk sighed, “If you go, I promise I'll talk to him and work it out okay?”

 

Ryeowook nodded stiffly.

 

“Now, we need to get you to a hospital.”

~

 

Yesung looked over Ryeowook's sleeping figure, his cheeks where sunken in, dark circles were shadowing his once perfect eyes, his arm that was above the hospital was knobby and pale, his skin was pulled tight around the bone making it appear translucent.

 

A knock on the door made Yesung jump. The door opened with a quiet click, Shindong stepping inside silently holding a pink pig cushion. He smiled as he saw Yesung, closing the door behind him. He laid the pug beside Ryeowook, looking over the younger male.

 

Yesung said softly, “The doctor said he weighed 93 pounds and his oesophagus is torn up.”

 

Shindong frown, stepping back, “Did he say what happened?”

 

Yesung gave a quick response, “Kyuhyun.”

 

Shindong paused and glanced at Yesung, disbelief in his eyes. “You can't be serious. He forced Ryeowook to do this?”

 

Yesung nodded stiffly, “He kept crying when they admitted him, saying he just wanted to please Kyuhyun. He wouldn't stop crying when they took the X-rays either. When they told Leeteuk that his bones had been damaged and become brittle, he started screaming. They had to sedate him.”

 

A shout came from outside the hall and the door swung open, Kyuhyun was standing in the doorway. His face was flushed, his hair and clothes were dishevelled. He growled, “Let me see him.”

 

Yesung stood in front of the bed, blocking the younger member's view of Ryeowook. He bit back, “Kyuhyun, get out. Your the reason he's like this.”

 

Kyuhyun yelled, “Bull! I would never hurt him!”

 

Yesung yelled back, “Your the one that's killing him!”

 

Shindong grabbed Yesung's shoulder roughly, nodding towards the hospital bed where Ryeowook had woken up and was now crying into his pig.

 

Yesung quickly went to bedside, growling lowly at Kyuhyun, “Don't come close to him.” He pulled Ryeowook close and whispered, “Please don't cry. He can't hurt you any more.”

 

Ryeowook struggled, shrieking, “He would never hurt me! He loves me! Kyuhyun!”

 

Kyuhyun smirked, “See, I did nothing to him.”

 

Ryeowook cried out, hitting Yesung weakly, “Let me go! Kyuhyun please!”

 

Yesung let go and backed away from the bed, watching as Kyuhyun approached Ryeowook and they embraced each other tightly.

 

Ryeowook sobbed loudly into Kyuhyun's chest, shaking violently.

 

Kyuhyun quietly comforted Ryeowook, sparing the older members small glances. He nodded towards the door, mouth the word out.

 

Yesung hung his head and started for the door, Shindong grabbing the elder's wrist to stop him. He said quietly, “What are you doing? Just letting Ryeowook go back to his abuser?”

 

Yesung just shook his head, “He doesn't believe its Kyuhyun's fault...he thinks its his own actions. He...he think he truly loves Kyuhyun.”

 

Yesung pulled away and left the hospital room, Shindong following behind.

 

Within the hospital room, Kyuhyun was holding Ryeowook in his arms as he tried to calm the older male. He whispered, “Ryeowook, baby please don't cry. I'm so sorry about what happened. You know I love you and I don't want to hurt you Ryeowook.”

 

Ryeowook nodded through his tears, “I kn-know. I love y-you too.”