Pretty Woman Chapter 22

Pretty Woman

“Knock Knock”

Amber knocked the door in front of her and the door opened automatically then.

“Come in”, a voice said from inside. Amber entered the room then, there were her grandpa and Mr. Won in the room. Well, Amber asked them to meet her before. Amber took a seat on the sofa, her grandpa was sitting in front of her, and Mr. Won was beside her.

“I’m here to tell you that me and Key are doing our plan now, maybe Mr. Won have already known about our plan”, Amber began to speak.

“I know a little, and I’ve told it to your grandpa”, said Mr. Won.

“Good then. As we know, uncle Jeremy will be caught sooner or later, we’re still waiting, but no need to worry, all important documents and project of our company are safe. I know that uncle Jeremy has ruined some projects, but the projects aren’t really important”

“Good”, Grandpa finally spoke, “I trust you two”

“…………and about Soo Jung… we also have a plan about her”, Amber said in low voice, “we’ve made a fake story about her, and Key said he has found a witness to help us. So grandpa, don’t worry about our reputation”, Amber glared her grandpa, “but you have to promise me, after the problems are solved, please bring her back to her best friend, she has only a best friend now, because you threw her away from this family”, Amber exhaled, tried to control her voice tone, “I’ll sign the bill of divorcement, but please…… please give her a better life, send her to a university and give her a job”

 

 

 

***                                                                                                             

 

 

 

Krystal POV

Morning again, and I would do the same activities just like yesterdays, honestly I was about to give up to live my life this way, but a few days ago Key oppa called me, he gave me a very good news about Amber, she was getting healthier, and I was so happy as I heard that.

“……………wait for us… we’re planning something now, so keep strong, and wait for us…”

I remembered Key oppa’s words, and I always smiled every time I remembered that, there was a hope in my heart, that words made a hope in my heart.

 

“Knock knock”, suddenly I heard the door was knocked. I immediately got up and walked to the downstairs. As I opened the door, I saw Minho oppa was standing in front of the door.

“Minho oppa… come in…”, I said with smile.

“Uh… Soo Jung… I actually here… because someone wants to meet you”

I frowned, “someone?”

“Yes, you have a guest. But don’t be afraid, I’ll accompany you to meet the guest”, he smiled, “uh… there he is! Wait here!”, Minho oppa walked away and I could see he approached two men that wore black long blazer. They came toward me then, they came closer… and closer… and I could see the man clearly, I recognized him… I covered my mouth, I couldn’t believe what I saw…

“……Grandpa……”, I whispered.

 

“Uh… Sir, she’s Soo Jung”, Minho oppa said. They finally stood right in front of me.

I just froze, I couldn’t say anything.

“But Sir, like I said, I’ll accompany her”, Minho oppa reminded.

“……n…no, Minho oppa, i…it’s okay”, I said, I took a look to Minho oppa then, “I know him”

 

 

I put a glass of water on the dining table, it was for grandpa. He was sitting on the chair, and I took a seat next to him then, there were just the two of us, his driver was waiting outside. Honestly, I was so afraid about his appearance, I had bad thoughts in my mind, I thought he would show me the bill of divorcement and I should sign it.

“How are you”, grandpa spoke coldly.

“…I…I’m……fine…”

We were in silent again.

“We’re in big trouble now”, grandpa said.

“………………I… I’m sorry…”, my eyes became teary.

We were silent again.

“………why didn’t you tell me in the first place, Soo Jung… why didn’t you tell us about your self…”, grandpa whispered with bitter voice.

I started to sob, “…I’m sorry… I’m really sorry”

“You played with my feeling, didn’t you?”

I didn’t say anything, I just sobbed.

“……I…”, grandpa began to speak again, “I’m here to tell you, Amber and Key are doing something to safe us now, and they have a plan for you too. Amber asked me, if the problems are solved, she agreed to sign the bill of divorcement, but I should send you back to your best friend, and give you a better life”

My heart ached as I heard that, I still couldn’t say anything.

“But I’ve change my mind”

I looked up to grandpa, and I couldn’t believe when I saw his eyes were so teary. He d something from inside of his blazer then he put that ‘something’ on the table. It was a sketch paper, a sketch of grandpa and me that I made when we were in the backyard. My tears were flowing harder as I saw the sketch,

“……grandpa……”, I sobbed.

“………Your best friend came to me, she told me everything about you......your childhood…your life…”, grandpa took deep breathe, “And…and… I think I’ve made wrong decision… and every time I see this sketch…”, grandpa’s voice was getting heavy, his eyes were so teary, “it reminds me to your smile, to your cheerfulness, your affection. So uh……”

I held grandpa’s hand, I couldn’t help but crying, “grandpa… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…”

“No… No, kitten. I’m sorry…………………. I’m sorry… forgive me…”

“Grandpa…”, I hugged him, I missed the old man, I missed his warmth, I missed he calling me ‘kitten’. I missed him like I missed my grandmother.

 

 

 

***                                                                                                             

 

 

 

Author POV

Amber was sitting on her work chair. She looked so busy with a computer in front of her, she watched the screen of the computer seriously, and her fingers couldn’t stop moving on the keyboard.

Jeremy wondered what was Amber doing, he stood up and came toward Amber then.

“What are you doing? Why don’t you give me some work to do?!”, he asked harshly.

“Work?”, Amber frowned, “I’m not working”

“Let me see it!!”, Jeremy pushed Amber’s chair to see her computer screen, and he seemed so mad when he saw ‘angry bird’ game on the screen, “DON’T PLAY JOKE WITH ME!!”, he shouted.

“Why are you shouting?! You can play it too if you want, don’t need to shout”

“Hey Listen!”, Jeremy pulled Amber’s collars, “tell me where are the documents of this company?!! What kind of company it is?!! everyday we have no work to do!! Hey stupid kid, are hiding something huh?!”

“We have no documents, and you’ve cancel all the projects, right? And Like I said, I’m not in the mood to work lately”

“You!!! Are you trying to fool me huh?!! Give me the important things of this company right now, or tomorrow I’ll announce about your wife in front of the media!!”

Amber narrowed her eyes, “Can you do another thing but threatening? You really are a trash”

Jeremy smirked, “how dare are you, Amber… you want to play with me huh?! Let’s see tomorrow. I think it would be better if I destruct this company from inside, it would be good for Liu reputation. But what if announce about ‘Krystal’ to the media? Liu clan will get repulsion from public. Listen, Amber, I have a picture of Soo Jung when she was in that club, and that picture will be shown on the main page of the newspapers”

 

 

 

***                                                                                                             

 

 

Amber, Key, Victoria, and Mr. Won were in the meeting room of Liu’s house. Key asked them to come, but there was no Mr. Liu, a maid said that Mr. Liu needed to go to somewhere and he would come back tomorrow morning.

“Everyone, listen, Taiwanese police force have already some evidences to arrest Jeremy, and……they’re here, in Korea now”

Everyone in the room paid attention to Key, “Tomorrow Taiwanese Police force and our Police force, will come to Liu Enterprise to arrest him”

“But Key”, Amber spoke, “last time uncle Jeremy threatened me. He asked me the important data of Liu Enterprise, but I just fooled him, so he became so mad, and he threatened me that tomorrow he’ll invite media and announce about Soo Jung. And the worst thing is, he has a picture of Soo Jung when she was in the club”

“Really… good then. I’ll bring the witness, and we can pillory him in front of the media tomorrow”, Key smirked.

 

 

 

***                                                                                                             

 

 

Next day…

 

“Here”, Soo Jung handed the driver her suitcase.

“Ready now?”, asked Mr. Liu. The weather was really cold, so they wore thick clothes. They were getting ready to go back to Seoul, finally Mr. Liu accepted Soo Jung back as the one of Liu family.

“Uh… I need to take my dolls”, Soo Jung said with bright smile.

“Dolls? Okay…”, Mr. Liu smiled.

Soo Jung went to take her beloved dolls then she came back in few minutes with two dolls in her hands.

“Let’s go!”, she said playfully.

Mr. Liu narrowed his eyes while smiled, “cute dolls”

“……… Amber gave them to me”, Soo Jung said shyly.

Mr. Liu smiled, he patted Soo Jung’s head then, “come on… she’s waiting for you”

Soo Jung nodded, and they got in car then.

 

Soo Jung couldn’t stop smiling, she still couldn’t believe that her grandpa in law forgave her. She thought she would be alone forever, she thought she were thrown, and couldn’t meet her love again.

Her love, Amber, Soo Jung was so impatient to meet her, how she missed her husband. She wanted to see Amber so bad, she really wanted to see her.

Suddenly a ringtone of a cell phone broke Soo Jung’s daydream. It was Mr. Liu’s.

“Mr. Won?”, Mr. Liu said when he saw the name on the screen of his cellphone, “Yes, Won?”, he answered the phone then, “I’m heading back to Seoul………………………what?..........................what’s going on?.........................I’ll be there in one hour……………oh My God……okay, okay I’ll be there”, he hung up.

“Grandpa?”, Soo Jung looked at Mr. Liu with puzzled look.

“We need to go to Liu Enterprise building”, Mr. Liu said.

“W…what’s going on, grandpa?”

“Jeremy…… he invites media to announce……………about you”

Soo Jung’s eyes became wider as Mr. Liu said that.

“No need to worry, Amber and Key are planning something”

 

 

About an hour later…

 

Mr. Liu got off his car, he held Soo Jung’s arm and led her to step then. They finally arrived at Liu Enterprise building. It was so crowded there, there were so many journalists and cameras spread around.

“Grandpa…”, Soo Jung whispered, “I’m scared”

Mr. Liu didn’t say anything, he kept holding Soo Jung’s hand and walking. As they arrived on the main hall, the crowded situation became silent suddenly, everyone paid attention to Mr. Liu and Soo Jung, and they looked at Soo Jung suspiciously. Mr. Liu and Soo Jung kept walking until they saw something on the big screen.

“……No…”, Soo Jung couldn’t believe what she saw on the big screen, it was a picture of her when she was still a e. And she saw………Jeremy was on the speaker’s platform then.

“I can’t believe this…… Why are you here, Soo Jung?”, Jeremy spoke with microphone, “I knew it, you want to pillory my family, right?”

Soo Jung shook her head, tears were flowing on her cheeks.

“Father… why are you with her? You should…”

 

“DON’T MOVE!!!”, a voice was echoing in the hall suddenly, and some men with police uniform stormed into the hall then. They pointed their guns to Jeremy’s direction.

“SOO JUNG!!!”

Soo Jung heard a voice called her name, the voice was really similar, Soo Jung turned her head to the voice’s direction then she saw someone was walking toward her, tears were flowing harder as she saw that ‘someone’.

“Amber……………….”