Echo

Sword in the flowers

I try to allow myself to breath but with each breath I am choking on the lonliness that inhabits the air.

 

Wrong. That is the only way I am able to describe how each day felt. Suppose we had powers to heal, then maybe I would feel that the battle we had suddenly become acquainted with could be won. Yet everyday it felt as if we were losing hope. Down one member....I guess it doesn't seem like much else is lost however the matter of Luhan being a warrior, a friend and a lover impacted us greatly. It felt wrong to continue fighting but we knew we had to. 

I had blamed myself for the sudden barbaric war simply  based upon the fact that I was the final addition to ExoPlanet. If I had just given up, if I had just stopped allowing my body to fight then I wouldn't have to fight, and prehaps Luhan wouldn't have reached a dying breath so soon in his short and painful life. Yet it is so wrong for me to be that selfish, to change others lives just because I didn't want to continue the one I was living. I had brought myself to the understanding that guilt would forever drown my body and torture my soul that had become filled with the presence of shadows.

The echos of Sehun's crying drifted to my ears, the ears of a selfish person. The nights had drawn themselves out and I spent the many hours letting tears gently evolve. I felt that Sehun's pain would forever be carried by me. Although I was not the one to have harmed Luhan, if I were to have died during the drugs then they would've had longer...I felt scared for everyone and hateful to myself for being the one who survived. "Sehun..." I whispered softly, voice shaking with tears as I fumbled through the darkness that spread to every inch of Sehun's hollow escape. I placed my body next to his on the floor and placed my arm around his shoulders ignoring Sehun stiffen in fear. "I'm sorry..." I breathed, "If it were to have been someone else...some other time. If I could've helped then he-"

"The mentions of maybes are just as empty as this shallow life I am forced to live. I don't accept this apology; we knew our time was ending and we were prepared...It's funny; we had already stated our goodbyes sure that we would part soon, I just refused to allow myself to accept the realization that this was it. In the end, there are only eleven of us. No matter how strong we are, how committed we are, we don't stand a chance. These fights we are putting up are fooling no-one." Sehun muttered lightly, his hands pressed together as they dangled between his knees that were pulled up to his chest. "I don't want a pointless fight, Zitao. Luhan's death was meaningless just like his life. They used us as succeeding experimens just to destroy us...that's meaningless. They don't understand we still feel. To them we are flawed...we are not allowed to feel. I will continue to fight for Luhan but when I am killed I will be glad. We are not bad people, Zitao...We are just creations to them." Sehun continued. His words were tainted with the need to die even if he hadn't directly stated it to an extent. I just sat there unable to produce sound at the accuracy of his words.

"Kris...what will happen to us?" I asked, tangling my fingers into my partners golden hair as we both lay facing each other. It wad the first time I had felt comforted for a long while. "...I can't deny that I'm scared...I can't lie and say that I want to fight. Yet...what I fear the most is you being taken away from me. I can't seem to explain my feelings, they simply echo through me...we really are meaningless people to them, aren't we? Luhan didn't deserve to die. What wrong did he do o be murderd so helplessly? I don't want to leave you Kris..." I explained, my thoughts pouring from my lips while tears began to spill from my eyes. We looked at each other knowing the truth already. 

When I think about it, our only crime was loving each other. Yet, is that even crime that death should be the punishment? I can hear the echos becoming louder now...

A/N

Wah~~~~~ I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while but I just couldn't find motivation and for my birthday I got the new Kindle so I'm using it as my new computer but it's hard to type and be accurate with it and I make a lot of mistakes so it takes so long D: 

This chapter is based on the song Echo by Jason Walker. I fell in love with the song the other day when I found out my girlfriend cheated on me and it was the only thing that insipred me to write another chapter. Well that and someone elses beautiful fanfiction that always has me in tears XD

Thanks all subscribers! It means a lot to me >< I hope you enjoyed this chapter?

~Aideen