Chapter Eight: Those Who Will Suffer

Keeper of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

••••

CHAPTEREIGHT

❝THOSEWHOWILLSUFFER❞

Woohyun buried his face into the pillow, avoiding the few rays of sunlight filtering into his room. From how high the sun was in the sky, yet not completely shining down on him, Woohyun concluded it was morning, but the color of the sky itself indicated something different. The sky was a dark shade of sunset.

Woohyun barely slept last night, so he was pretty sure it couldn’t be past five o’ clock in the afternoon yet. He peeked from the pillow he was using to cover his head and observed the sky.

“Our sky is always a shade of orange. When it’s not the evening, they sky is a constant sunset,” Sungjong explained from the doorway, giving the door a few knocks, even though he was already inside the room. Woohyun sat up, startled from the younger’s boy sudden appearance.

“How did you know what I was thinking?”

“I didn’t. But it thought I share that little info for you,” Sungjong smiled, walking further into the room. “How was your first night here in 2862 SE?”

“Great,” Woohyun lied. He had a terrible night. His thoughts were running all over the place. The fact that he truly was in another time, another world was starting to sink in. He almost felt sick to his stomach at the thought. “What time is it, by the way?”

“Half past eleven,” the teenager looked at the watch on his wrist. “You still have enough time for breakfast, though if you do want to eat, I’ll make you something because I don’t think I’ll ever trust you again when it comes to making meals.”

“I swear I had no clue that was blood,” Woohyun claimed.

“Ahem,” a new voice interrupted. Sunggyu walked into the room, carrying a pile of clothes. “Hope I’m not interrupting something.”

“Not at all, bro. I was just greeting Woohyun.” Seeing that Sunggyu had something important to say and give to Woohyun, Sungjong bid farewell to the brunet and the caramel haired leader and left the room.

“Get dressed because we’ll be leaving for the mission in an hour or so.”

“So soon?” Woohyun’s brows furrowed. It was still the morning time.

“Here take these,” Sunggyu grunted, throwing a pile of clothes at Woohyun. The brunet glanced at the attire. It was completely different from what he was expecting. The clothes consisted of black skinnies, a white tee, and a black hoodie. Both the shirt and jacket had the batman logo on it. “I wasn’t sure what to get you, so I raided Dongwoo’s closet. You’re smaller than him, but they should fit you nonetheless.” Sunggyu handed Woohyun black combat boots to complete the outfit.

“Thanks,” Woohyun muttered, completely thrown off by Sunggyu’s sudden kindness.

“Uh huh, and take this too.” Sunggyu offered the brunet a semi-automatic pistol. Woohyun placed the clothes on the bed and grabbed the gun out of Sunggyu’s hand carefully. He never held a gun before. “Dongwoo, Hoya, and I will protect you during this mission, but in case something happens, use this to protect yourself.”

“But I…” He eyed the weapon with apprehension. “I’ve never…” He looked up at Sunggyu with hesitation. The resistance leader took the gun out of the younger man’s hand and demonstrated how to use the gun.

“The is the trigger. Push this when you want to shoot. It’s loaded so be careful when you’re not using or holding it. When you’re holding it, but not aiming at someone or something, keep your finger off the trigger. A lot of people get hurt or worse killed because someone accidentally pulled the trigger,” Sunggyu explained. “Since you’ve never used a gun before, use both hands while aiming and shooting.” Woohyun nodded as Sunggyu continued to explain. However, the explanation went on and on, and Woohyun felt that he learned the entire history of handguns and pistols.

“How come we’re getting ready to leave now? It’s still the morning,” Woohyun quickly switched the subject, not wanting to hear about guns anymore.

 Sunggyu frowned at the sudden change of subjects, “It’ll take a while for us to reach the BEQP. It’ll probably take us from thirty minutes to an hour just to reach the place. Who knows how long it’ll actually take us within the building itself before we accomplish our mission.”

An awkward silence followed. Woohyun kept quiet, not sure on what exactly to say to the leader, for he didn’t want to get punched in the face again or getting suddenly accused of being a spy.

“I guess I should go,” Sunggyu muttered, turning to leave. Woohyun nodded.

“Sunggyu,” he called. The leader of INFINITE glanced over his shoulder. “Thanks again for the clothes and the gun.” Sunggyu waved his hand in acknowledgement and left. Woohyun then headed to the bathroom and proceeded to take a shower and get ready for the mission.

After a little over an hour of preparing himself for the mission, physical and mentally, the brunet walked into the main room of the headquarters where everyone was in yesterday as they watched the news. He saw Dongwoo standing in the middle, fiddling with the straps on his pants and shirt.

Woohyun walked up to Dongwoo, who started pocketing several knives and guns into the various pockets, holsters and placeholders that decorated his outfit. Woohyun was quite disappointed to see that the blue haired man was now wearing an outfit similar to the rest of the members of INFINITE. He noticed that Hoya was standing next to the elder, fixing his gear as well.

Dongwoo was carrying a backpack on his back. It looked heavy. Woohyun wondered what could possibly be inside. “Hey, Dongwoo, Hoya,” Woohyun greeted, a small smile forming on face.

Hoya gave a small nod, and Dongwoo looked up and waved at the brunet, seeming overly ecstatic that Woohyun was still going with them on the mission. “Good afternoon, Woohyun! Are you excited for today?”

“Uh, not really. I’m still debating if I made the right choice by saying yes to you.”

“Understandable,” Dongwoo nodded his head. “Like I said last night, we’ll protect you.”

“What’s in the bag?” Woohyun asked, wanting to get his mind off of the mission and the possibility of him dying today.

“This?” Dongwoo took off his bag, placing it on the ground. It made a loud impact when it did.

“Yeah, it looks heavy. What’s in it?” Woohyun leaned forward, trying to get a good look as Dongwoo ped the backpack.

“Jars!” He beamed, pulling out a semi-large, empty jar. The same looking jar that Woohyun used to make the spaghetti dish for Sungyeol, Sungjong, and Hoya last night.

“A-A j-jar?” Woohyun stammered, backing away slowly from the blue haired man. Hoya backed away from the blue haired man as well. He didn’t want to get caught up in this conversation.

“Uh huh! It seems that, last night, someone used all of my jars that I put in the refrigerator. So hopefully while we’re on this mission, I’ll be able to fill some of them up again.” He gave a warm smile to the cylinder container in his hand. “I have no clue who used my jars, but once I find out,” his face darkened suddenly, and the grip he had on the jar tightened to the extent that the container burst into pieces. “I’ll make sure they’ll never live to see another day!”

“Well, uh, I hope you find that person,” Woohyun squeaked, continuing to back away. He was afraid that he would accidentally let it slip that it was he who touched his jars. As Woohyun took more steps backwards, he crashed into someone behind him. He heard a small grunt from the person he crashed into. When he turned around, he saw Sunggyu glaring at him menacingly.

“Sorry,” Woohyun bowed his head.

“You guys ready?” Sunggyu ignored the brunet. Woohyun, Hoya, and Dongwoo nodded. “Okay then, let’s go!” A group of resistance members followed the guys to the entrance of the headquarters, giving them many cheers and encouragements for the mission.

“Good luck!” Sungjong yelled from the crowd, waving to them as they entered the elevator. Woohyun smiled and waved back. The door slammed shut in front of them as Sunggyu pressed a code into the keypad on the wall of the elevator.

9.14.6.9.14.9.20.5.

That was the code the caramel haired leader pressed in. Woohyun committed the password to memory for in case he ever needed to leave the underground headquarters in a rush. Who knows what could happen in the future, and knowing a way out of this place was important.

When they reached the surface, they exited the elevator one by one, heading to the door on the other sider of the room. Hoya was in the front with Woohyun followin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter