Chapter Ten: Sehun: the Rainbow Haired Fish Warrior

Keeper of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

••••

CHAPTERTEN

❝SEHUN:THERAINBOW

HAIREDFISHWARRIOR❞

"I'm going to ing kill that Sungyeol… And Sungjong too,” Sunggyu muttered, grabbing onto Woohyun. Sunggyu pulled the brunet in one direction away from the sudden barrage of bullets coming from Chen’s machine gun. Dongwoo and Hoya ran in the opposite.

“I knew this was going to be a dangerous mission, but I honestly was not expecting this,” Woohyun complained. He was expecting some violence and some conflict but not to this degree.

Woohyun was not expecting grenade launchers to be involved in this mission.

A sudden huge explosion could be heard in the background. The sound of crumbling cement and building material resonated in the air as he and Sunggyu slipped into a nearby alleyway.

“If it makes you feel any better,” Sunggyu said, sticking his head out from the alleyway to see if they were followed. “I wasn’t expecting this to happen as well. I knew we were going to have to fight someone but not these people, not Yongguk’s men. At least it’s not Yongguk himself.”

“Is this Yongguk guy that dangerous?” Woohyun asked, leaning against the wall.

“You have no idea–” Sunggyu quickly pulled his head back into the alleyway, dodging more bullets from Chen’s gun. He turned to Woohyun and ushered him further down the narrow street. The end of the path turned into a fork.

“Which way?” Woohyun asked, slowing down for a moment.

“Uh, let’s go this way,” Sunggyu guessed. He, unfortunately, wasn’t too familiar with this part of town.

“Did they go this way?” Sehun’s voice rang throughout the alley. He and Chen must’ve of followed Woohyun and Sunggyu while Tao went after Dongwoo and Hoya.

Woohyun hoped that the two other resistance members would be able to defend themselves against the grenade launcher wielder.

“!” Sunggyu cursed as the path they took came to a sudden end. The only thing that greeted them at the dead end was a large dumpster and a closed door.

“Now what?” Woohyun panicked. He could feel his heart pulsate in his throat as he heard the footsteps of Chen and Sehun approaching. Sunggyu pulled Woohyun behind the dumpster that provided enough cover for the both of them. They both crouched down to further hide themselves.

“Which way did they go?” Chen asked.

“I’m not sure. You go that way; I’ll take this right path.”

Woohyun squeezed his eyes shut as Sehun’s footsteps grew closer. He placed a hand over his mouth to keep his heavy breathing quiet.

Sunggyu reached for his Glock pistol that was tucked in the back of his pants. As quiet as he could possibly be, the resistance leader depressed the safety on the gun, readying to shoot Sehun if the man got close enough to see them.

Sehun slowly came to a halt at the end of the alley, right before the dumpster. From his view point, he couldn’t see Sunggyu and Woohyun behind the large container, but they could clearly see Sehun.

The rainbow haired man frowned, upset that he didn’t come across Sunggyu and Woohyun. He cocked his gun and shot the dumpster next to him out of spite.

The force of the bullet knocked the large trash receptacle off its hinges, moving it unsteadily from side to side. Woohyun released a manly squeal as the dumpster crashed into him, knocking him into Sunggyu, who grunted in response.

Sehun jumped back a bit as Sunggyu and Woohyun tumbled onto the ground in front of him. Woohyun let out a wail as he harshly landed on his previously dislocated arm.

“There you are,” Sehun smirked, instantly recognized the couple. “You know, Sunggyu,” he aimed his shotgun at the caramel haired man. “We were given orders to keep you alive while we kill your comrades, but because you and this tricycle-riding man,” he gestured to Woohyun, “lied to us, we’re going to kill you as well. There is no way this guy fell into a puddle filled with jellyfish. It’s impossible!”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “How do you know we weren’t lying about that?” He shakily stood up, ignoring Woohyun, who was still on the ground, rolling around in pain. The resistance leader raised his pistol at Sehun.

“It’s not jellyfish season!” Sehun stomped his foot on the ground.

“…Jellyfish have a season?” This was the first time Sunggyu heard anything like this.

“Yes. Jellyfish can only be found in random puddles by pits of lions during the springtime,” the rainbow haired man explained, lowering his shotgun.

“Really? I thought it was year round,” he lowered his pistol as well.

“No,” Sehun shook his head. “You might be thinking about the ocean sunfish that can be found in puddles all the time but not puddles near lion pits.”

“Ocean sunfish! I think you’re right. They eat jellyfish, right? But if they’re not in puddles near lion pits, then where?”

“Cheetahs.”

“You know a lot about this fish, huh?”

“Well, I fell into a puddle filled with ocean sunfishes a few years back. All nineteen years of my life have been in conflict with a variety of deadly aquatic sea creatures. Some even call me The Rainbow Haired Fish Warrior. ”

“…Fish Warrior?” Sunggyu tried his hardest to keep himself from laughing out loud.

“Rainbow Haired Fish Warrior,” Sehun corrected.

“Right…” Sunggyu nodded. “Did it hurt, when you fell into the puddle of ocean sunfish?”

“I felt a tremendous amount of pain.”

“Are we seriously talking about fishes and puddles?” Woohyun interrupted the conversation. It took a great load of strength and energy to get past the throbbing pain in his shoulder and stand up. He rubbed his shoulder, easing some of the pain away.

“You don’t understand, Woohyun,” Sunggyu chided. “Fishes, puddles, and animal pits are a huge pandemic here in South Hallow. A lot of people have lost their lives because of this. Just ask Sungjong; he actually fell into a puddle filled with sharks once.”

“S-Sharks? How deep was this ing puddle?! A-And why are there random pits filled with animals all over the place?!”

“Wait!” Sehun exclaimed. “Why are we talking about fishes?!” He raised his shotgun, aiming it at Sunggyu, and then pointing it to Woohyun.

“You’re the one who started the conversation!” Woohyun stated.

“Yeah, but you claimed you fell into a puddle filled with jellyfishes first!”

“Well, technically, I’m the one who came up with that–”Sunggyu confessed.

“Forget it! Let’s just get this over with now!” He cocked his gun, readying to shoot Woohyun first. Sunggyu quickly maneuvered himself in front of the brunet, raising his pistol at Sehun.

“Tell me one thing first before you attempt to kill us,” Sunggyu asked. “How did you know we were coming? Who told your boss about our plans for today?” He doubt Sehun knew exactly who told them everything, but it didn’t hurt to ask, though.

Sehun was quiet for a moment, debating on what he should tell the resistance leader. “I guess… It doesn’t hurt to tell you. It’s not like you’re going to walk out of here alive.” He lowered his weapon again, dropping his guard as well. He failed to hear the door behind him to his right open slowly.

“So?” Sunggyu briefly eyed the individual that approached the three of them before focusing back on Sehun.

“Well, we don’t know their names. Only Yongguk, Daehyun, Youngjae and the head scientist of the BEQP actually know. But what I do know is that there are–”

The sound of a metal pan smashing against Sehun’s skull reverberated in the alleyway. The impact of the attack knocked Sehun into the wall. If he wasn’t knocked unconscious from the blow to the head, crashing into the wall would’ve done it.

Woohyun gaped at the collapsing figure of Sehun: the Rainbow Haired Fish Warrior. He wasn’t sure what surprised him more, that someone was able to sneak up on the man and hit him with a pan or the fact that he is clearly still alive and breathing despite the blunt blow.

“That was a close one, eh?” A soft yet firm voice snickered. Woohyun looked past the unconscious fish warrior and saw a young woman with long, curly, dark red hair, standing before them. She had a large metal pan in her hand that had an obvious dent in the middle of it. “You were cutting it pretty close there, Sunggyu.” Her half-suppressed laugh got louder.

“I had it under control, Krystal,” Sunggyu smirked.

“From my point of view, it didn’t,” she stepped forward and kicked Sehun in the leg, making sure he was really unconscious. She then bent down and picked up his shotgun, tossing it to Sunggyu afterwards. The caramel haired man caught it with ease.

“Hurry up and come inside before the other guy comes back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter