Chapter Thirty-Two: Dreaming My Way Home

Keeper of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

••••

CHAPTERTHIRTY-TWO

❝DREAMINGMYWAYHOME❞

"Andif you press this..." Sungyeol demonstrated, pressing a small circular button on a tiny, cube-shaped device that he created. It began to glow a bright shade of blue, but Woohyun didn’t care.

The brunet wasn't exactly sure what was going on. He had stopped paying attention the moment Sungyeol started talking to him. He didn't mean to ignore him; it’s not like he didn’t like the younger. In fact, after the last mission, Sungyeol had gone out of his way to talk to and bother the brunet as much as he could–insults included.

And that was quite the feat since he was still stuck in the infirmary.  Woohyun didn’t mind, though. He saw Sungyeol somewhat as an annoying younger brother–Hoya scoffed and ignored him for the rest of the day when he had mentioned it once to him–though, Sungjong would always be his favorite out of all the members of INFINITE–Sunggyu not included.

But at the moment, he just couldn't take his mind off of what had happened the other day.

The thought alone of Sunggyu's lips on his made him flush as red as a cherry tomato. Woohyun palmed his cheeks, trying to will away the blush. His skin felt warm under his hands. He felt like he was on cloud nine.

He glanced at Sungyeol on the hospital bed and Sungjong, who was sitting across from him, talking to each other enthusiastically about Sungyeol’s new invention. Neither rebels were paying him any mind.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while now." Sunggyu had whispered against his lips before pulling away. The action had thrown Woohyun for a loop; he hadn’t even gotten a chance to respond to the kiss.

Woohyun couldn’t forget the slight hesitation and uncertainty in Sunggyu’s eyes afterwards. It was probably because the younger was an idiot and was just sitting there, staring at the caramel haired man with his mouth agape and his eyes widened.

It had taken a moment for Woohyun to wrap his brain around what had just occurred. He knew his face must had been beet red. He had mentally shook his head, trying to dispel the sudden onslaught of butterflies fluttering about in his stomach and leaned in, closing his eyes, pressing his lips fully against Sunggyu’s. He had felt the other give a small sigh of relief and a warm hand entwined with his own.

Woohyun sighed, lowering his hands. His cheeks still felt warm, but he knew there was nothing he could do about it. He just hoped that the other two wouldn’t suddenly realize he wasn’t listening to them. The brunet leaned back in his seat, staring up towards the ceiling. The brunet pouted, wondering what the resistance leader was doing now.

He wasn’t sure how long they had sat on the rooftops just kissing, but by the time they had finally pulled away from each other, there was a noticeable darker tint to the never-ending sunset orange sky. It wasn’t long after that that someone had called Sunggyu on his walkie-talkie, needing to discuss the plans for a new mission. The caramel haired man had kissed Woohyun one more time before leaving; Woohyun had opted to stay behind and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful view the rooftop gave him–and to calm his fluttering heart. He hadn’t seen Sunggyu since, but he hadn’t worried too much. He knew the other was very busy, and more than likely, had gone on a sudden mission without given the chance to tell the brunet.

Woohyun sighed, his gaze falling upon his two friends. They were still adamantly talking about Sungyeol’s device. There was no way the brunet could jump into the conversation now. Everything they were saying made absolutely no sense. But it’s not like he could contribute much anyway. Not with the way his mind kept wandering to Sunggyu.

The brunet sighed again. He placed a hand over his chest, clutching his shirt, already feeling himself get flustered and nervous over the rebel leader. When did he start developing such strong feelings for him? Hell, when was the last time he had felt this strongly for someone in general?

When he had first met Sunggyu, the older was unrelenting, inhospitable, and accusatory towards him–the man had given him a black eye when they first met. But the longer he was around him, the more he talked to him and got to know Sunggyu, he realized that that was all just a façade to hide away the scared young man afraid to lose the people he cared about the most again.

Although after actually getting to know Sunggyu and seeing that he was still somewhat a bit aloof, Woohyun had grown to really like him, admire him, cherish him. And it helped that Sunggyu had saved his life more than once, making the young brunet indebted to him. Woohyun wasn’t sure for how long he had been unconsciously harboring these feelings for Sunggyu, but it wouldn’t do him any good to dwell on it all day.

A yellow, folded up piece of paper slid across Sungyeol’s bed, garnering Woohyun’s attention. The brunet reached for it, looking up. Sungjong was giving him a small smile, nodding towards the paper. The brunet glanced over to Sungyeol only to see him still going on and on about his new toy. The brunet briefly wondered if Sungyeol had even realized that no one was paying him any attention.

Woohyun eyed the piece of paper with curiosity, unfolding it. The moment he did, he felt his face get warm and turned a light shade of red. He glared at the younger boy across from him, who was wiggling his brows and giving him a sly smirk. The brunet looked to the paper again, feeling the sudden urge to ball up the piece of paper and stuff it down Sungjong’s throat. There were red hearts and cute, little doodles of him and Sunggyu holding hands and kissing everywhere on the paper. But that wasn’t all. Written and titled in bright pink, glittery ink was…

Sungjong’s Tips on How to Properly Confess Your Undying Love to Kim Sunggyu 101

Make sure you approach him on a good day. Kim Sunggyu is a very moody guy. And on some days, just receiving a look from him could shorten your lifespan by thirty. Although it may feel like he’s damning you to the pits of hell for all eternity, don’t shy away when he glares at you. Kim Sunggyu is a very private man, so if you plan to confess, make sure you’re alone so that no one eaves drops. He likes to keep his personal life separate from his role as the leader of INFINITE Have confidence! Kim Sunggyu doesn’t have time for wimps and cowards. If you hesitate with your confession and stall, there’s a good chance you might die from wasting his time. Want to confess, but not sure if Kim Sunggyu feels anything towards you? Want to make sure first? Well, unless he’s scowling at you 24/7, there’s no good way to know if he likes you. He might not know you even exist. However, if he is scowling at you 24/7, then he doesn’t like you. It means he considers you a ing waste of space and air. DO. NOT. CONFESS. IF. THIS. OCCURS. When it’s time for your confession, bringing some food might help! Kim Sunggyu is a food ! But then again, since he’s very picky in the food department, if you bring something not worthy of his taste buds, he might take the plate of food and smash it against your head. Be careful! Don’t be a clumsy idiot, getting into dangerous situation every five minutes. See Tip #4 for similar explanation as to why this is bad. Be respectful. Kim Sunggyu doesn’t like it when people disrespect him, insult him, or attack–poke–him. He becomes extremely violent when this occurs. Just to be safe, when confessing, where a bulletproof vest, be armed, and prepare for combat. If you say the wrong thing to him, the confession might lead to spilled blood. Your spilled blood. If none of these tips help but you still want to properly confess your undying love to Kim Sunggyu, then there’s only one thing left you can do: be Nam Woohyun!

P.S. Kim Sunggyu doesn’t like many people. And the ones that he do care for are very limited, but if you’re Nam Woohyun, then you’ve alread

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter