Jiyong the

Letters to Juliet

**note - all words in gray are being spoken in English. ^^

junhyung pov---

 

"Hyunseung-ssi?" Mr. Choi asked once more, the red-headed doe eyed boy looking at me curiously, my face heating up under his gaze. The rest of the world fell away as I looked into Jang Hyunseung's eyes, his beautiful doe eyes. A small smile formed on his face, his hand finally raising. My feet seemed to be stuck to the ground. Had they suddenly decided to be made of lead. I saw the angel's head turn to the side, a small pout replacing the smile that had previously occupied his face. He waved his hand in the hair, obviously assuming I didn't know he was my new seat partner. I'm not sure how long I stood at the front of the class, my jaw slack and my backpack lazily hanging over one shoulder.

I must've stood there for quite a while, since I was brought out of my trance by the sound of Mr. Choi clearing his throat behind me, his hand waving me forward. I felt my cheeks flush a furious red as I dropped my gaze, shuffling past the whispers that followed me as I found my seat next to Hyunseung. Not wanting to meet his gaze, knowing how flustered I looked right now, I turned my attention to my backpack, fishing out my binder and pencil case. A gentle tap on the shoulder made me turn my head and almost ram into the angel's who sat next to me. He wore a soft smile on his face, his eyes lighting up in recognition as he gazed at me.

"We've... met before, ne?" That voice... That voice I've drempt of for the past week returned me to my heaven. I opened my mouth to reply, but his beauty left me, the great Yong Junhyung, at a loss for words. "At... the hair salon." He seemed to take my silence as me not remembering him. A sad smile spread over his face, his eyes dropping and his hands fiddling with the zipper of the hoodie he wore over his school uniform. "A-ah. M-mianhe, Junhyung-ssi. I must've gotten you mixed up with someone else." His words fumbled over one another, the soft-hearted red-headed boy flustered. A faint blush found its way onto his cheeks, his eyes meeting mine for a split second before dropping once again. "M-mianhe..." He bowed his head lightly, and I finally was able to find my voice.

"A-ani! Hyuns-" I began, but Mr. Choi cleared his throat once again, signaling that time for talking was over. I bowed my head slightly to the teacher, Hyunseung doing the same. I noticed Hyunseung reach into his backpack and retrieving a book with the title in English. A glance around the rest of the room made me realize the rest of the class was taking out the same book. I raised my hand slightly, Mr. Choi acknowledging me with a nod of his head. "Seonsaengnim. Why is everyone taking out a book that's written in English? Shouldn't we be reading in Korean in this class?" I asked, and Mr. Choi looked at me with a look of disdain.

"You mean they didn't tell you? Our school combines English with our Language Arts classes so that our students will be able to technically take two languages during their high school experience. You came from Los Angeles right? You must be pretty good at reading in English. Hyunseung-ssi, please lend Junhyung-ssi your book so he can show us how to use correct dialect as a foriegner would." I felt the soft hands of the angel next to me place a book into my hand. Looking down at him, his doe eyes were smiling. He whispered a small "fighting" to me, before he remembered his embarrasment of before and looking away quickly. I sighed, returning my gaze to Mr. Choi.

"What page?" I asked, the class' jaws dropping as I spoke in English. What, they've never heard a foriegner before speak English before?

"Page 207 please. Last paragraph. The whole thing." Mr. Choi replyed, his English accented, indicating he was a foriegner. I flipped open the book in my hand, turning the pages and feeling the weight of the gaze of everyone on me. I cleared my throat, and began to read, my English fluent and un-accented.

"Walking toward the office, Dill and I fell into step behind Atticus and Jem. Dill was encumbered by the chair, and his pace was slower. Atticus and Jem were well ahead of  us, and I assumed that Atticus was giving him hell for not going home, but I was wrong. As they passed under a streetlight, Atticus reached out and massaged Jem’s hair, his one gesture of affection." The class sat in stunned awe as I spoke, the words rolling off my tongue easily as I had read this book last year at my school in America. A single student with platinum blonde hair began to clap at the front of the room, a pair of blondes joining in and then the rest of the classroom following suit. I bowed my head slightly, settling back down in my seat, feeling the same tap on my shoulder I felt at the beginning of class. Hyunseung's features were highlighted as a smile rested on his face. I felt my heart soar again at the thought that I'd been able to impress Hyunseung.

I returned to my seat, Hyunseung's attention diverting back to the front of the class, the platinum blonde now standing up and stumbling through the next paragraph in the book. I wasn't really paying attention for the rest of the period though. I tried my hardest to stay focused. I made an honest attempt, but the rest of the student's accented English wasn't able to hold my attention. But when Hyunseung's turn came up, my attention turned to him. Scratch that. My attention was always on him. While the other students took turns reading, I took my sweet time stealing glances at my beautiful seat partner, watching as he circled words he didn't understand and mouthed along when the other students spoke. His eyebrows drew over his doe eyes as he struggled with the pronunciation of a few words, but was able to get through the passage easier than a few of the students did. An audible sigh escaped his lips as he sat down, fiddling once again with the zipper on his jacket. I turned my attention back to Mr. Choi as he analyzed the part Hyunseung just read. I supressed a yawn and stole a glance in Hyunseung's direction, my heart nearly stopping as I did so.

His eyes were already fixed on me.

-----

An eternity passed before the bell finally decided to ring, signaling the end of first period. I let out a contented sigh, and gathered my stuff from my table. Not even thirty seconds passed after the bell rang when the door to our classroom was flung open and in came Dongwoon. A few girls in the class squealed as he walked past them and right up to me. It took all my effort to supress a groan as I continued to put my stuff in my backpack. I heard the chair next to me being slid out, but by the time I was able to look in its direction, Hyunseung was already almost out the door. I felt my heart sink and my spirits deflate as I watched the redhead exit with his head down. I punched Dongwoon lightly on the knee.

"Hyung!" He whined, rubbing where I hit him on the knee. "Why would you do that?"

"Because you're an idiot." I simply replied, gathering my backpack and slinging it over my shoulder. Brushing past the younger, I walked into the hallway, looking for the flash of red hair. I saw him standing about twenty feet away and was about to go over and talk to him when a petite boy bounced up to the redhead, his black-hair glistening under the lights in the hallway. Another boy, this one with silver hair, mirror the black-haired ones actions. A final boy, this one with blonde hair, walked up and planted a kiss on the red-heads cheek, slinging his arm around his shoulder. A smile stretched over his features, making my heart sink as the image. My feet were rooted in place as I mentally slapped myself, cursing myself for not knowing that Hyunseung would have friends and possibly a boyfriend. I didn't notice as Dongwoon sidled up to me, and only acknowledged his presence when he spoke to me.

"You're looking at Hyunseung-hyung, huh?" He asked simply as the red-head walked away, the blonde's arm still slung around him. I nodded dumbly, letting a sigh escape my lips as I did so. "You might want to get over your crush for him. You see those two next to him. The black-haired one is Yoseob and the silver-haired one is Kikwang." A shimmer of admiration rippled through his words as he spoke Kikwang's name. "And then you see the blonde one? Well that's Jiyong, and everyone but Hyunseung-hyung knows how big of a crush Jiyong has on him. Those four are arguably the most popular boys in school. They're kinda like the F4 around here. Except y'know, they don't send out Red Cards and they're not complete s."

Maybe I should've taken Dongwoon's advice when he told me not to get mixed up with Hyunseung.

Maybe I should've never tried to get close to him.

Maybe if I never got close to him, I never would've gotten hurt.

-----

Doojoon and I were finally released from the hell hole we liked to call French 3. The entire class, minus Doojoon and I, darted for the door, not wanting to waste a second of the fifteen minute break following second period. I stretched my arms out in front of me, before leaning back in my chair and let out a sigh. "Je n'aime pas le françias." I said to Doojoon as I stood up, grabbing my backpack and pulling it onto my back. Doojoon slung an arm over my shoulder and paraded me out of the room.

"Moi aussi." He replied, walking out of the door and immediately being crashed into by a small boy with black hair. The cutie rubbed the spot on his head where he ran into us, and looked up at us with his big eyes. I recognized him immediately as the one Dongwoon had told me was named Yoseob. . I looked around, shrugging Doojoon's arm off me, scared that one of the other three would arrive any minute. I knew how mild-tempered Hyunseung was, and to be quite honest wouldn't mind seeing his beautiful face right now, but by the way Dongwoon had described Jiyong, I didn't want him to be the one to see one of his favorite dongsaengs sprawled across the floor, holding his head and tears pricking his eyes. "O-oh man. I'm sorry." Doojoon stuttered, reaching an arm out to try and help Yoseob up. "Sorry, I really didn-"

"YAH!" Doojoon was cut off by the words being yelled across the hall. The students immediately froze and parted like the red sea, letting by a certain blonde-haired boy I really didn't want to see right now. I suppressed a groan, mentally cursing myself for not getting out of there sooner. Doojoon took two steps away and raised his hands up away from the small boy. Jiyong arrived moments later, crouching beside Yoseob and whispering in his ear, Yoseob nodding as Jiyong did so and gave the older a hug. Jiyong smiled, ruffling Yoseob's hair just as Kikwang arrived, covering his mouth with his hand at the scene. He and Jiyong shared a glance, and Kikwang ran over, gathering Yoseob into his arms and taking the boy away. The kind smile that was on Jiyong's face fell away as soon as his dongsaengs left. He straightened up, brushing invisible dirt off of his school uniform, cracking his knuckles and his neck. "So." He began, his voice low and menacing. "Which one of you pushed down Yoseob?"

"Hey." I in, stepping in front of Doojoon to block him from Jiyong's glare. "No one pushed down Yoseob, alright? Just calm down for a moment." Jiyong scoffed, his eyes narrowing as he looked up at me, myself stading a centimeter or two taller than him. Jiyong crossed his arms over his chest, turning away from me, continuing to glare at me through slitted eyes.

"So what am I supposed to think then, transfer student?" Jiyong slurred the words together as if though it was an insult.

"You know, you should work on your insults a little bit, Jiyong-ssi." I retorted, noticing as the crowd rose their hands to their mouths to supress a giggle. My insult made the older boy's face turn red with anger.

"You little-" His hand was raised to hit me when the voice of an angel saved me.

"Hyung~ Where are you?" I heard the voice of this angel over all the ruckus and Jiyong immediately made it look like he was going to put his arm around me, as if though we were old friends. "Hyung." I saw the flash of red hair poke out through the crowd as Hyunseung walked into the opening, a small smile of relief on his face as he saw Jiyong and I standing there. "Ah, Junhyung-ssi. Anneyonghaeseyo~ Mianhe. Was my hyung causing trouble for you." I felt Jiyong's hand clench onto my shoulder, his nails digging in as he turned to me, a fake smile plastered on his face.

"I wasn't causing you trouble, right, Junhyung-ah?" I resisted the urge to barf at Jiyong's completely fake kindness, but I also didn't have the heart to tell Hyunseung what an his hyung was. So I mirrored Jiyong's smile, slinging my own arm around his shoulders.

"No, no. You weren't causing me any trouble Hyung." I said with the same fake happiness. Hyunseung's smile widened as he took the few steps too us. He bowed slightly to me.

"Thank you, Junhyung-ssi, for entertaining my Hyung. Hyung, let's go." Hyungseung his heel and began to walk back the way he came.

"Ne~" Jiyong sang next to me, and I felt his nails dig in deeper to my shoulder and he lowered his mouth to my ear, his voice low and menacing. "Hyunseung never learns about this, ne?" I couldn't speak, but instead nodded once, not for Jiyong. But for Hyunseung. "Good." He let go of my shoulder, a dull ache resonating where his nails had dug in. He began to walk away, raising a hand out as a goodbye to me. I flipped off the fleeting figure, feeling Doojoon's arm go around me.

"Thanks man. I thought I was dead there for a second. You really saved my there." He sighed, and I shrugged his arm off, walking through the now deserted hallway.

"Shut up man. And why are you talking in English?" I muttered, and I heard Doojoon run back up to me, throwing his arm over me once again.

"Aigoo~ My Junhyungie is so cute~" He cooed, and I slapped him lightly on the hand, but restrained from commenting. We arrived in the quad, and although Dongwoon ran up to us immediately, my eyes immediately found my red-headed angel. With his arm over his shoulder.

Jang Hyunseung. I will make you fall for me.


March 21st, 2009

Even though I made a promise to myself to never write in this damn journal again, it seems like I've come crawling back to you. Joy.

Well, I've been in Seoul for around two weeks now journal, and I'm already head over heels for my own personal angel. Jang Hyunseung. The way that his voice rings with a song-like quality. The way that when he walks. The way that he stumbles over his words whenever he's flustered. The way that he's kind to everyone, despite being the most popular kid in school. The way that he speaks English, his words slightly accented. The way that when he smiles, you can't help but smile as well.

And , I've only really known him for a day.

Anyways, besides Hyunseung, there's this who's always sticking to his side. Jiyong the . I guess he's going to be my rival, ne? Well may the best man win, Jiyong.

I really have nothing else to say, so I'll end it here.

Wait. I do have something to add.

Jang Hyunseung, is it bad that I've already fallen for you? After knowing you for such little time? Aish, I sound like a lovesick schoolgirl. Wait... I am a lovesick schoolgirl.

Confusedly yours,

Junhyung

a/n: Finally was able to get another update out for this fic~ Hope you all enjoyed this update at least. ^^ The excerpt from the book in the beginning is from To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Love that book. Thank you for reading~ I love you all~ <3 Remember to comment and suscribe~ Comments motivate me to write more. ^^

Just get married already. >.<