I Hate Two People In This World

Letters to Juliet

junhyung pov---

"Seungie?"

Oh god. Not him. Not him. Anyone. Anyone. But Kwon Jiyong.

"Ji-hyung?"

Fan freaking tastic.

"Seungie! That is you!" I turned to face the blonde bastard and plastered the fakest of smiles I could muster. Suppressing myself from smacking the elder upside the head when he threw his arms around Hyunseung, I cleared my throat. The blonde's smile wavered and I saw a flash of hatred go through his eyes when our gazes met. I wanted nothing more than to flip him the bird right here and now, but that is considered socially unacceptable in today's society. So I merely bit my tounger and smiled, Jiyong's actions mimicking that of my own. I raised a hand in greeting, in return he tightened his grip on Hyunseung's shoulder. Hyunseung, on the other hand, merely smiled, ducking out from under Jiyong's arm.

"Ji-hyung." Hyunseung began, grabbing onto my wrist. I smugly noted the jealousy that flashed through Jiyong's eyes as Hyunseung's hand went around my wrist. "You know Junhyung, ne?" Jiyong's smile faded as he noticed the ah attached to my name, and he simply nodded. Hyunseung's large doe eyes then turned to me, the beautiful smile ever present on his face. "Junhyung-ah, you know Ji-hyung, ne?" I nodded and the smile grew on Hyunseung's face as he turned back to Jiyong. The way he still held my hand made everything better. "Ji-hyung. What are you doing here? You told me Friday you'd be out in Incheon all weekend."

I noticed something flash through Jiyong's eyes when Hyunseung caught him in his lie. Anger? Fear? It was too fast to tell.

"Ah. That got cancelled, Seungie-ah. I was just about to call you and ask you what you were doing today." Hyunseung nodded as if though he understood, but I took note of how he never looked in Hyunseung's eyes, just above them.

"Jeongmal?" Hyunseung's eyes lit up at the idea of the older wanting to hang out with him. I felt a stab of jealousy go through me at the smile he was directing to the bastard, but suppressed it for Hyunseung's sake. The bastard nodded and grabbed onto Hyunseung's free hand, pulling him towards the mall. Hyunseung let out a little gasp and dropped my hand as Jiyong pulled him along.

"Come on, Seungie-ah~ Let's go~" Jiyong's eyes found mine, unspoken threats stretching out between us.

"H-h-hyung!" Hyunseung stammered, pulling his hand out of Jiyongs. Frustration flashed through the latter's eyes, but was immediately replaced with confusion. Hyunseung took a few steps back until he was standing next to me. He bowed slightly to Jiyong, a sad expression on his face. "Mianhe, hyung. I promised Junhyung-ah that I'd hand out with him today. I'll text you later, ara?" Just then Hyunseung's phone rang, and he looked down at  the caller ID. Bowing slightly to the both of us, he walked away, answering the phone. An uneasy silence fell over Jiyong and I. The blonde simply glared at me and I tried to look anywhere but in his eyes. Too bad that by trying my absolute hardest to not look the older in the eye, I did.

"So." He began, and I felt the daggers he was staring at me increase in numbers. "Who exactly are you to Hyunseung?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Junhyung. Why can't you ever hold your tongue?

"Yes, Junhyung-ssi." I cringed at the way he emphasized the ssi. "I would like to know. Now tell me, Kwon Jiyong, who the hell you, Yong Junhyung, are to my best friend, Jang  Hyunseung."

Who was I to Hyunseung?  I mean in all honesty. I know we were seat partners in Language Arts, we shared Physics and Choir, our dongsaengs were best friends, but who were Hyunseung and I to each other? Hell, I've only had the pleasure of knowing the boy for a month or so, but what did he view me as? I know what I wished beyond my wildest dreams to be to him, but did he feel the same? Would he, Jang Hyunseung, perfection embodied in one person, ever want to be with me, Yong Junhyung? More than likely I didn't want to know the answer to my question.

I must've stood there mute for too long, because the next thing I know, Jiyong was snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Yo. Earth to . Can you hear me in there?"

Yes, Jiyong-ssi. I can hear you.

"Yah. Yong Junhyung."

Please stop saying my name. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard coming out of your mouth.

"Junhyung-pabo. Can you even hear me? Answer me."

No.

"Junhyung-ah!"

But him I'd answer.

"De, Hyunseung-ah?" I pointedly turned my back to Jiyong and faced my red-headed beauty. His eyes were shining as he bounced back to me, a smile splitting the smaller boy. He giggled as he sidled up to me, and I couldn't help but crack a smile at his cuteness. I could practically feel Jiyong screaming at me to back away from Hyunseung, but his anger towards my closeness to the younger man just caused me to want to be closer to him. I gently extended a hand, my fingers finding Hyunseung's as I placed our hands together, taking care not to intertwine our fingers. Yet.

"Geurim-ah just called me! My favorite botique is holding a 50% off sale! We have to get in there, fast, before everything sells out! Ppalli, ppalli!" I felt him begin to tug me towards the mall. "Bye, Ji-hyung! I'll text you later, ara?" I looked back at the said man, seeing his face turning a lovely shade of crimson, steam practically pouring out of his ears. I felt the smirk on my face grow larger, and simply waved at the older boy. The small sign of acknowledgement on my part pissed him off even more, as indicated by his middle finger answering me.

Good thing I knew how to flip someone off as well.

---

An hour later, Hyunseung and I sat in the food court, Hyunseung's bags littered around us. Pairs of skinny jeans and several accessories peered from the inside of the bags. The redhead sitting across from me smiled happily as he his spoon full of rocky road ice cream. Small gummy bears and sprinkles were dabbled across the ice cream, chocolate syrup and whip cream topping it off. The smaller but older boy eating so delightedly made me full just by watching him. His gaze met mine, a shy smile creeping on his face as he realized I'd been staring at him. He reached for a napkin, wiping around his face.

"D-do I have something on my face?" He asked shyly, dabbing around the corners of his mouth.

Nothing but your beauty...

I shook my head no, and Hyunseung smiled in relief. He continued to nibble on his ice cream. We sat there in a comfortable silence, my eyes always lingering on the older boy for longer than nessecary. He finished up his ice cream, and placed the spoon contentedly in the now empty cup. A warm smile lit up the olders face as he leaned on his forearms.

"So, Junhyung-ah, tell me about yourself." The angel asked, his large doe eyes searching mine as he did so.

"Well, what do you want to know, Hyunseung-ah?" I replied, reaching over and brushing a few loose strands of hair out of his eyes. A faint shade of pink appeared at the simple action of affection. I smiled at his cuteness, and reached out for the water bottle, unscrewing the top and taking a sip from it.

"Mmm..." The elder closed his eyes, placing his fingers on his temples and rubbing, obviously trying to find a correct question to begin with. His doe eyes shot open as he snapped his fingers. "I know!" He exclaimed. "Have you ever had a girlfriend?"

I nearly choked on the water I'd been drinking, and it took all my self-restraint to not spit it all over everything.

"B-bwoh?!" I stuttered out, and a small pout formed on Hyunseung's face.

"What? It's a normal question!" The elder defended, and I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Yah, Hyunseung-ah... You don't just pop a question like that out of the blue. Sorry for reacting so strangely, but it just suprised me." I sighed, placing the water bottle back on the table and leaning my head in my hand. "And yes, I've had a few girlfriends." A fleeting flicker of emotion went through his beautiful doe eyes, but it was gone as soon as I saw it. I leaned back in my seat, as Hyunseung leaned forward, his expression expectant. I suppressed a sigh.

"Her name was Hara. Goo Hara. I met her in my last year of grade school, and she confessed to me in the seventh grade. I accepted her feelings, and we began to date. I thought she might've been the one. We were so happy together... When I was around her, I felt special. I felt like I was whole again I honestly thought I had feelings for the girl, but I realized it wasn't love, it was just stupidity on my part. I think we dated for almost two years. In fact, we would've been together for two years today, if I didn't see her face with my so-called 'best friend.' She apoligized, again and again. Claiming it was a mistake, that she was wrong, that she was so sorry. That she didn't know what had gotten into her. I wouldn't, no, I couldn't believe a word she said after I saw her making out with my friend. I dropped her after that, and I've never loved anyone since then." Until now...

Hyunseung nodded at my story, and he'd closed his beautiful doe eyes as I told it. I sighed, letting my head fall back onto the table. We sat there in silence, Hyunseung's steady breathing the only noise made between us. I felt his gentle finger tap my shoulder, and I looked up to be greated by a gentle flick to my forehead, courtesy of Hyunseung.

"Yah!" I snapped, sitting up straight and rubbing where he hit. "Why would you flick me?"

"Stop sulking, Junhyung-ah. She was stupid to give you up. You'll find someone better someday." His gentle doe eyes smiled at me as he spoke, and I felt my heart do somersaults in my chest. I smiled back at the elder, holding my pinky out to him. His eyes widened in suprise, his eyebrows creasing in a question. "Why are you holding your pinky out to me?"

"Pinky promise? Don't you do this in Korea?"

"Ani..." I sighed and leaned over, gently taking Hyunseung's hand in mine and unfolding his pinky. I closed the other fingers back into a fist and connected our pinkies together. Hyunseung still seemed confused by the action, and his confusion about it all solicited a giggle from me.

"Pinky promise me something."

"What?"

"That I'll find someone better."

"Yah... Junhyung-ah..."

"Please? For me?"

"..."

"Hyunseung-ah?"

"I promise you, Yong Junhyung, you'll find someone better than that horrible girlfriend you had."

I already have.

---

A week passed since I went to the mall with Hyunseung.

We remained the same as ever, although now we had exchanged numbers. I sat at my desk, staring at the blank screen of my iPhone. I waited in vain for the vibration of my phone, indicating I had recieved a new message. I sighed, tapping out a rythm on my desk as I waited, but nothing came. He probably wasn't awake yet. I kept telling myself that as I put my phone on silent and walked out of my room. Hyuna's door was ajar, and I poked my head in to see my dongsaeng sitting at her desk, reading a magazine. She had both her earphones in, and when I walked up behind her, I could her SHINee blasting from her headphones. I felt a sly smile creep on my face as I poked her in her sides, causing her to jump up and yelp. Hyuna stumbled out of her chair and fell onto the floor, and the stunned expression on her face caused me to burst into laughter. I held my sides as I fell down beside Hyuna. She smacked me lightly on the knee.

"Yah. Oppa. What's wrong with you?" She scolded, but I didn't reply and simply plucked the magazine from the floor. I squinted at the photo on the page, before raising an eyebrow at Hyuna.

"Oh, so you're a BBC now, huh? I thought you said Infinite was going to always be your favorite." I teased, and Hyuna lunged for the magazine in my hands.

"Give it back!!" She shreiked, and I turned the page, cracking up at what I saw.

"What's this? 'Zico oppa~ Sarangheyo?' Hyuna. Are you cheating on Myungsoo?" I teased, and now Hyuna was really frantic about getting the magazine back.

"Oppa! Give me it back! Right! Now!"

"Oh? What's this Hyuna? My dongsaeng isn't so innocent, now is she?"

"Oppa! Please, just give me it back!"

"Hyuna, maybe I should show this to umma~ She'd love to see-"

"NO!!!" Hyuna then completely pounced on me, and I was laughing the entire time she tried to take the magazine away from me. I finally let go, and Hyuna scurried to the side of the room, gently the photo of Zico. She stuck her tongue out at me, and placed the magazine back with the rest of her magazines. Hyuna crossed her arms over her chest as she sat back in her chair, and I flopped down onto her bed. I took my iPod out of my pocket and put in one earphone, flipping through the music on my iPod. I settled down into Hyuna's bed, and began to fall asleep until my mom came and knocked on the door.

"Junhyung~ There's a suprise for you downstairs."

Suprise?

The descent down the stairs seemed longer than usual. It seemed every step I took was longer than the last. I arrived downstairs, and a figure stood in the doorway. Brown hair flowed down to her waist, a gray coat covering her entire body. Thin legs poked out from under the coat, the legs covered in white skinny jeans. My eyes traveled up to hers, and my heart dropped, my entire body froze. The memories came back, one by one. I didn't want them to come back, I didn't ever want her to come back. A simple red suitcase was in her hands, and I felt the air being constricted out of my lungs as I looked at her. The vile taste of hatred lingered on my tongue, the anger I'd suppressed long ago coming back in waves. I clenched my fists that hung limply at my sides, and shut my eyes closed. It pained me as I looked at her in the eyes once more, my voice strained as I couldn't find it.

"Hara."

a/n: Wow. No update in... almost three weeks? Woo~ Procrastination at its finest, ladies and gentlemen. Anyways, I hope this update was kinda-sorta worth the wait? ^^; Thank you so much for reading~! And don't worry, Junhyung's and Hara's past will be revealed in due time.

Anyways, have you seen Cube's new soloist? Roh Jihoon? You should totally go check out his debut song~

And omg, boyfriend's comeback...

Thank you all so much for reading~!!!

Remember to leave comments. ^^

I love you~ <3