Dear Juliet

Letters to Juliet

junhyung pov---

"Hara."

It hurt to say her name.

To say the name of the one who I thought would give me the most happiness in my life.

But only ended up giving me the most pain.

"Junnie-oppa!" Hara squealed, dropping her bags and running over to where I stood frozen. The threw her arms around me, squeezing me to her body. I shuddered at the contact, anger boiling through my veins. I couldn't yell at her right now though, not with Hyuna and my mom watching in happiness. I let her hug me, I let her call me oppa. I promised myself I'd never let Hara touch me again. I never wanted Goo Hara to touch me again. Because if I did let her, I'd only end up getting hurt. I pushed away after a few seconds and a pout formed on Hara's face. "Oppa~ Why'd you push me away?"

I didn't honor her question with a response.

Instead, I roughly grabbed onto her wrist, and yanked her outside, making her drop her luggage in the room. She yelped at the contact, and I think my mom was yelling at us as we made our way outside. I didn't let go of Hara's wrist as I dragged her down the street. I pulled Hara along, kicking and screaming, until we found our way to the Starbucks a block away from my house. I pushed her into a chair, pulling out my own and sitting across from her.

"Why the hell are you here?" I was able to get the words out calmly enough, and didn't end up biting her head off as I spoke.

"Hmph. That's no way to talk to your girlfriend of almost 2 years."

"Ex-girlfriend, Hara. I broke up with you a long time ago." I interrupted her. She scoffed, turning her nose up at me.

"Yah, Yong Junhyung. Don't you start acting all high and mighty to me now."

" you Hara." I replied simply.

"You never even heard me out, Junhyung! Please, just listen to me!" Hara pleaded, and I almost felt sorry for her.

Almost.

"I don't want to hear any more of your lies. Now why the hell are you here?" I slammed my fist on the table, no longer able to contain my anger.

"Your parents called.  They thought it'd be good for the son to see his girlfriend, so they booked me a flight to Seoul. You never told them how you broke up with me?" Hara spat, looking at her nails. I didn't bother answering her question.

"How long are you staying?" I managed to get out more calmly than I intended.

"Who knows? A month? Two? Maybe forever?" A sly smile found its way onto Hara's face, and I wanted nothing more than to smack that damn smile off of it.

"No. Hara, get the hell out of my sight."

"But why, Junhyung? We're obviously going to end up together and get married. So why fight it?"

"Because I don't want to get married to your sorry anymore, Hara! Why the hell can't you just accept the fact that, I don't love you anymore! You made out with my best friend!! And you expect me to just accept the fact that my girlfriend was face with my best friend? No. Goo Hara, I don't even want to see your face anymore. I thought that was clear when I didn't say goodbye at the airport, when I didn't even speak to you at the airport. When it was my mom who had to invite you to the airport. I never even wanted to see your face again, Hara! I thought it'd be easier, for the both of us, if you'd just let it go. If you'd just let me go. Hara, give it up. I don't love you anymore. I can't love you anymore. Not after what you've done to me, done to us.  I'm sorry Hara. I will never love you again."

I stood up from where I had been sitting and left Hara there alone. I heard her begin to cry as I walked away, but even her fake tears won't move my heart of ice anymore. Nothing Hara could say or do to me will ever make anything between us right again. I don't want anything to be right between us again. Because I know if I open up to her again, she'll only hurt me.

My feet took me on their own, to the house of my new love. I stood at the base of the tree outside of his window, looking up and trying to see the figure of my red-headed angel. I was unable to see my beauty, so I took it upon myself to climb the tree. I finally got to the second story, and peered in the window to see my red-head sleeping away on the desk, his phone in his hands. He stirred slightly, and muttered something beginning with a J. I smiled, and knocked lightly on the window. The doe-eyed boy shot up from his seat, shock illuminating all of his features. A smile soon replaced the shock as he opened the window up, granting me access to his room. I entered, and Hyunseung closed the window behind me.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly, his hand fluttering to my eyes and wiping away a few tears I didn't know had foremed. He led me to the edge of his bed, settling me down next to him.

"Hara. S-she's back..." I whispered, and those three words made Hyunseung's arms wrap tightly around me, as if though he was scared to let go for I'd break. I stiffened, but eventually found the strength to bring my arms up around Hyunseung and return the hug. We sat like that, in silence, for a few minutes. His hands had begun to make small circles on my back, soft words forming from his mouth. I felt myself begin to drift off to sleep in the arms of my red-headed angel. I pushed away, wiping at my eyes and forcing a smile at Hyunseung. He noticed it was forced, because he smoothed out my lips into the sad smile they'd been in.

"I-I'm over her." I stuttered out.

"I know." Hyunseung murmured.

"But why did she come back? I finally was able to erase all our sad memories, and she decides to come to Seoul? I-I hate her! I hate this!"

"I know."

"And my parents! They arranged this damn marriage with her!"

Hyunseung didn't say I know to that.

His body stiffened and his hand hitched slightly in its movement. He then pulled away, and something flashed through his eyes. Hurt? A small, sad smile found its way onto Hyunseung's face as he walked to the window, placing his hand on its glass. I could've sworn there were unshed tears in his eyes as he turned to face me, the same sad smile still on his face.

"Junhyung-ah... Do you want to know what I'm thinking right now?"

I nodded.

"I'm thinking of how you entered my room. You climbed this old tree just to find your way up to my door. It reminds me of my favorite story ever. Do you know what that story is?"

I shook my head no.

"It's the story of star-crossed lovers. Each of different houses, the two houses feuding. Their love was never able to find a way through it all, and they had a tragic ending. Still no clue?"

I shook my head no once again.

"Pabo." He chuckled. "It's the story of Romeo and Juliet. I was thinking of how Romeo climbed up to Juliet's balcony, just to see his true love. I was just thinking about how you climbed up to my balcony. It made me feel a little like Juliet, and you're my Romeo. But... That's not true, right? We're both men. I forgot my place for a moment. I apoligize, Junhyung-ah. I lost myself in my stupid fantasies again. I tend to lose myself in my fantasies quite often, because I'm sort of a dreamer, you could say. Mianhe, Junhyung-ah." Hyunseung walked over to me, and hugged me lightly, before pushing me towards the window. "I was dreaming too much again. Mianhe." Hyunseung's long fingers gestured to the window. "You should... go. I wouldn't want my parents to find someone else's fiancé in my room."

I could've sworn I heard sadness in his voice as he spoke.

I simply nodded, brushing my fingers against his as I exited the window and descended the tree, gazing up at the window I'd just descended. Hyunseung's eyes met mine, and a shy, sad smile formed on his face and he turned away from me. I felt like my heart was breaking as he walked away from the window. Hara had caused my heart to break once again. She made my Juliet walk away from the window, closing it and closing any chance of love that we might've had. I turned away from the window, feeling angry tears pricking at the sides of my eyes as my hatred for the wench called Goo Hara grew.

But it wasn't me that ended up crying.

I heard soft sobbing coming from Hyunseung's room.

Goo Hara made my Juliet cry.

She made him cry.

I will never ever forgive you Goo Hara.

Never.

---

I threw the door to my house open, not caring how it slammed against the wall. I stormed into the livng room only too see Hara crying, of course, to my mother and father. The trio glanced up at me, and my father's eyes burned with anger. Hyuna scurried into the living room, motioning to me that I wasn't supposed to come home yet. My father stood up from where he sat, and Hara sniffled once more, shooting me a glare as to say I did whatever she wanted, since my family was on her side. I backed away from my father, not meeting him in the eyes. Hara began to cry again, and I suppressed a groan, finally turning to look at my father.

"Appa, I ca-"

I never finished my sentence.

My father slapped me across the face before I could.

"Appa!!! What the hell was that for?" Hyuna screamed from the other side of the room, running over to my side. I held the place where my dad had hit me, tears finally falling out.

"Appa..." I whispered, looking up into his eyes.

"Why did you make Hara cry, Junhyung? She's your fiancée for heavens sake!"

"Dad! I don't love Hara anymore!"

"What are you saying son? Of course you do! You've been engaged to her since forever!"

"Dad, I really don't! That cheated on me!" My mother gasped at my use of language, but I didn't care right now.

"Junhyung! You will not call Hara that!"

"Yes, I can and I will! I hate Goo Hara! I've hated her since the day she cheated on me, and I'll hate her forever more!" I yelled, pushing past my father and knocking Hara's stupid red suitcase to the ground. I ran up the stairs, and I heard Hyuna yelling at my parents, telling them why they just couldn't leave me alone. I slammed the door to my room, burying my face in the pillow. I tried not to cry. I tried my legitimate hardest not to cry. But I did. I heard the door creak open and close. My sister walked over to the edge of my bed and sat down next to me. Hyuna pushed a few stray strands of hair away from my eyes so that my tears wouldn't soak them.

"Gomawo, Hyuna..." I whispered, drained from all my crying. Hyuna shook her head, a sad smile on her face.

"It's okay, oppa."

"Hyuna?"

"Mm?"

"You're the best little sister anyone could ever ask for."

"Tell me something I don't know." She scoffed, and I chuckled at her childishness.

"And Hyuna?"

"Yea?"

"If I'm gone in the morning, don't look for me, alright?"

A silence fell over the room. Hyuna's face didn't express any sort of emotion, only acceptance. She closed her eyes, and I finally noticed how my little sister had begun to become grown up. Her cheeks weren't as chubby as they were when she was a child. Her face had lost all its baby fat, only leaving the mature face she had now. Her lips had become defined, and despite not wanting to admit it, my sister had finally grown curves. She wasn't the same little girl I had picked on while she was growing up. She wasn't the same little girl I'd ripped the heads off her barbies, just to piss her off.

No.

She wasn't the same little girl anymore.

"Ara, oppa. I won't look for you."

And I hugged my little sister, for what might've been the last time.

 


 

April 19th, 2009

Dear Juliet,

Hyunseung-ah... I've decided now to dedicate this diary to you. I know, cheesy right? Someone writing a diary to the one they love? Then I must be very cheesy. I want you to read this, but I'm not sure I'll ever get the courage to give this to you. I probably won't, actually, ever get the courage to hand this to you. But, I may leave it somewhere, hoping that one day you'll stumble upon it. I'll leave it in a place you'll find, so that one day, you'll open the worn, old pages of this diary and read through all my thoughts, understand the story from a different point of view.

Understand our story from a different point of view.

Today, Hyunseung, you told me of how I reminded you of Romeo when I climbed up to your window.

Did you truly mean that Hyunseung?

Because if I'm your Romeo, then you'll be my Juliet. Always.

Because Hara isn't my Juliet, you are, Hyunseung.

Honest.

Love,

Junhyung

a/n: So, the happiness of the story is gone... Mianhe, guys. ^^; Hope all of you lovely people enjoyed this chapter, and remember to comment, ne? ^^ I love you all~! <3