Seoul, Here I Come

Letters to Juliet

 

junhyung pov---

March 14th, 2009

So my mom decided to buy me a diary. She claimed it would help me "express my feelings" more than I can with words. I don't even know what she means by that. And she didn't call it a diary, she claimed it was a journal. It's a diary though. What journal has the words "Letters to Juliet" on the cover? I think she's still trying to make it up to me that we're not living in the wonderful city of Los Angeles and instead moved out here to Seoul. Now how am I gonna watch the Clippers and Angels games?

Anyways, my dad got a transfer from his office in LA to an office in Seoul. And this transfer would also give my dad more money. Like, fifty thousand US dollars more a year. So of course my dad would take the transfer. I would've too. So my dad came home a month ago, told me and my sister that we had a week to pack all our stuff up and say our goodbyes to friends, and here we are. In Seoul, South Korea. I mean, my dad told me where we were moving and the high school we'd be attending, but HELL! We weren't just moving cities! We're moving countries! And, I had to leave all my friends that'd I made in America. In the middle of the school year! Now the only way I can talk to my friends is over skype and stuff. At least my best friends Dongwoon and Doojoon moved over here a year ago or so. And they're at the same high school.

Well now that I've introduced my friends, I've realized I never really introduced myself, did I? Well my name's Yong Junhyung, seventeen years old, junior in high school. I love watching sports, but I wouldn't be caught dead actually playing them. My favorite food is the kind that's fast and I am almost always drinking a coke. Despite being so lazy, I'm actually pretty fit. I'm not fat and my abs are pretty defined. I guess I'm just that lucky. My favorite color is blue and I'm a er for "chick flick" movies. That last point would have been perfect if I ever had a girlfriend. Except for one thing.

I'm gay.

There, I've finally put the fact out in the open.

I've known I've been gay ever since I got all hot and bothered in the locker room. Awkward much? Anyways, Doo and Woon are the only two who know I'm gay. I mean, I don't want to advertise the fact to the world, now do I? But yes, I'm gayer than gay. But that's fine I guess. I know that its looked down upon in some societies, but you know what? Who gives a . Not me. I'm pretty proud that I'm different. The world's too similar now for my tastes anyways.

Well that's all I really have to report now.

But seriously mom? Letters to Juliet? I'm not some teenaged girl.

Junhyung

 


 

I sighed as I closed the diary, leaning back in the new chair of my new house. I let the diary fall onto my new desk before I reached into my new desk's new drawer and pulled out my new ruler and grabbed a new pencil. Grabbing a new sheet of paper, I began to work on my new linear programming problems. My new teacher at my new school suggested to my parents that I do this, for my own good. I groaned, crunching the paper up and tossing it into my new wastebasket. I pushed away from my new desk before letting myself relax into my new bed with my new sheets. I reached for my new bookshelf and blindly chose one of my new books to read.

Have I mentioned how new everything was?

Before I was able to even get past the first chapter of the book I was reading, my younger sister Hyuna burst into my room and flopped on my bed next to me. I sighed, turning away from the sixteen year old and tried to concentrate on my book, but that action caused her to whine next to me.

"Oppa~!" She pouted, trying her best aegyo on me.

"Bwoh?!" I snapped, slamming the book closed and sitting up straight so that I was looking down on her.  She beamed up at me, holding out a big wad of Korean Won.

"Appa gave me some money, telling me to get you to drive me to the mall so we can pick out some new clothes. Don't worry oppa. There's enough here for you as well." Hyuna giggled, bouncing off my bed and out into the hallway. "I'll be downstairs oppa! Be ready in twenty minutes, or I'll tell dad~!" She said in a sing-songy voice, before twirling out of my room completely and slamming the door behind her.

Falling back on my bed, I grabbed a pillow and stuffed it over my face, groaning into it. I loved Hyuna to death, but she can be so goddamn annoying at times. Throwing the pillow off my face, I swung my legs over the side of my bed and shuffled over to the closet on the opposite side of my room. I threw open the doors, my new school uniform glaring out at me as it hung on the door. I reached out and turned it over, still not wanting to resign to the fact that I was now in Seoul. I blindly reached into my closet, pulling out a pair of black skinny jeans and a white graphic tee, I slipped both of them on, grabbing my jacket, wallet, and car keys on my way downstairs. Hyuna almost knocked me right off my feet as she attacked me when I descended the stairs.

"Oppa~!!" she cried out, hugging me tight to her slight frame. "Umma wants me to cut my hair! Don't let her do it! Don't let her cut my hair! Please oppa~!" I looked up to see my mom with her hands on her hips as she glared down Hyuna.

"Hyuna. You have to get your hair cut. It's grown out too long. You can't even see your eyes anymore because your bangs are in the way of them! Junhyung, tell your sister she needs to get a hair cut!" My mom shot back. Hyuna stuck her tongue out at my mom.

"Hyuna... You do need to get your hair cut..." I told her gently, causing her face to fall.

"B-but oppa!" She complained, letting go of me and stomping her foot.

"But!" I continued, looking over at my mom and meeting her eyes. "At least let her dye her hair. She's been asking for months, umma. Please?" I pouted at my mom, who sighed and fell to her chair, admitting defeat. Hyuna squealed in delight, running to our mom's side and kissing her cheeks repeatedly. I walked over to my mom and kissed her on the cheek as well. She waved us off and Hyuna grabbed my wrist, dragging me outside and into my car.

"Gomawo oppa." She whispered, leaning over and kissing my cheek. I rolled my eyes at her, ruffling her hair before pulling out of the driveway and driving us away to the mall.

-----

I watched as the hairstylist took tufts of Hyuna's hair at a time, cutting choppy layers into her hair. The other girls at the salon continued to try and hit on my, crooning my name, begging for me to call them noona. Too bad I don't like girls, it seems like they be really easy to get. Hyuna motioned for me to come over to her, and I strolled acros the salon until I stood behind her. She smiled up at me and pointed at different hair colors, asking me which one I thought would look good. I pointed a blonde-ish orange one and she smiled, telling the stylist what she wanted. I sighed, and Hyuna told me to go back to the waiting room. I obliged, but when I returned, an angel was sitting in my chair.

Well, I'm not sure if he was actually an angel, since I couldn't see his halo. But he was absolutely gorgeous. Gentle red wave of hair perfectly framed his face. Strong cheekbones were visible underneath porcelian skin, skin fairer than any celebrities. Beautiful, full lips were halfway open. His slim shoulders were visible as he wore a simple black tank top, his abs well defined. His slim arms were covered by shopping bags, his beautiful fingers resting in his slim waist. His long legs were crossed in front of him, his chest rising and falling in time, indicating that the angel was asleep. The sleeping boy began to stir, and he slowly opened his eyes. His eyes. His beautiful, big, perfect, wonderful doe eyes. Eyes that angels wish they could have. Eyes that shone brighter than any star. His beautiful doe eyes. A sleepy smile came on his face as he stretched his arms out in front of him. I felt my hands get clammy, as I tried to think of an excuse to talk to the beautiful doe-eyed boy. I cleared my throat as I walked over to him. He looked up at me in curiousity, red hair falling just above his beautiful doe eyes.

"Yes?" His voice almost single-handedly brought me to my knees. His voice had this natural sing-songy quality, one that many artist try to obtain but are never able to. His beautiful doe eyes bore into my own, his gaze questioning as he looked at me. My face was probably redder than a tomato by now, probably redder than his gorgeous hair. How would it feel to lock my fingers in it...

"You're in my seat." I mentally facepalmed myself. You're in my seat? Really Junhyung? That's the best you could do. The doe-eyed boy immediately shot up from his seat, bowing profusely in front of me.

"M-mianhe!" He stuttered out as he continued to bow. "Jeongmal, mianhe!" He continued to say. I held my hands up defensively, peeved at myself since I'd made the doe-eyed boy so sorry.

"It's okay! It's just a seat!" I tried to reason with him, noticing the other customers in the salon shooting daggers my way.

"R-really?" He whimpered, looking up at me with his big, pouting doe eyes.

"Yes. It's fine. You can have it." As the words came out of my mouth, Hyuna happened to come out of the salon just then with her newly-dyed hair.

"Oppa. Who's this?" She asked me as she stood next to me, motioning to the red-haired boy.

"A-ah! My name's Hyunseung. Jang Hyunseung." Hyunseung... What a perfect name to fit a perfect face on a perfect body with a perfect figure.

"I'm Yong Hyuna, and this is my oppa, Yong Junhyung." Hyuna proudly stated, nudging me with her elbow. I rubbed my side where she had nudged me. She stuck her tongue out at me before finally noticing the time, letting out a small sqeauk as she pulled at my hand. "Oppa! Umma's going to kill us! She told us to be home by 7! It's almost 7 right now! Come on oppa, let's go." Hyuna ran out of the salon and I laughed at her fleeting figure.

"So, I guess this is goodbye?" Hyunseung stated, although it was phrased more as a question.

"I guess..." I replied, trying to keep the sadness out of my voice as I did so.

"Goodbye, Yong Junhyung." The way Hyunseung said my name was so perfect, as if though my name was meant for only Hyunseung to say.

"Bye, Jang Hyunseung."

Is it bad that I've been in Seoul for less than a week and I'm already head-over heals for a stranger?

-----

"Junhyung! Man, get up!" I felt the covers of my bed thrown off of me. I swatted a hand at whoever was the one who threw them off of me, only to be greeted by two pairs of glaring eyes. Doojoon and Dongwoon. My two best friends. Doojoon's eyebrows were drawn low over his eyes in his normal glare and Dongwoon seemed to try to be containing his excitement. He was trying and failing, might I add. I groaned and grabbed for my blankets, pulling them back over me, muttering incoherent words to them. Doojoon yanked at my covers once again, and this time I sat up, grabbing my pillow and hitting him over the head.

"Bwoh!?!?! What the hell do you want, Yoon Doojoon?!" I yelled, hitting him once more with my pillow.

"It's the first day of school, idiot! Hyuna has been trying to wake you up for the past five minutes, and we arrived, so your mother sent us up to wake you up." Doojoon snapped right back, and I noticed for the first time that they were both wearing their school uniforms.

.

I overslept.

"Why didn't you say that earlier!" I cried out, jumping out of my bed and running to my closet, throwing the doors open and grabbing my uniform. I slid into the bathroom which adjoined my own room, slamming the door and looking in the mirror. I groaned at my reflection, stripping myself of last night's pajamas and throwing on my uniform. I splashed water on my face and adjusted the school's tie, making sure it was tied correctly. Shutting the lights off, I exited my bathroom to be assaulted by Dongwoon who held a stick of eyeliner in his hand. "Yah! Woon! What the hell is that?!" I exclaimed as he pulled my lower lid down and began to line my waterline.

"Every guy at our school wears eyeliner, Jun. Get with the program. This ain't California anymore." He scolded, moving onto my other eye as Doojoon began to apply cover-up over any blemishes on my face. Dongwoon stepped back satisfied, adjusted my tie, then patted me on the back. "Welcome to Seoul, Jun."

I followed Dongwoon and Doojoon out of my room and down the stairs where Hyuna was busy eating her breakfast. I grabbed my wallet and stole a piece of toast from Hyuna's plate.

"Oppa!" She whined, but I shushed her immediately before kissing both my mom and dad on the cheeks ans leaving my house.

"We'll drop him off after school, Mr. and Mrs. Yong!" Doojoon called out into the house as we closed the door behind us. I hopped into the passenger's seat and Doojoon into the driver's, Dongwoon piling into the back. Doojoon turned to me with a big grin on his face. "Don't worry, Jun. All the ladies will love you. But you won't love them will you?" The last remark earned him a smack on the arm as he and Dongwoon erupted into a fit of laughter. I crossed my arms and let out a huff of displeasure which caused Doojoon to ruffle my hair as he pulled out of my driveway.

We arrived at United Cube High fifteen minutes later, the student body all seeming to arrive at the same exact time. Doojoon and Dongwoon led me to the front office to pick up my schedule. They grabbed the schedule from my hands almost immediately, sighing in relief as they told me I had lunch with them, second, third, and sixth with Doojoon and third, fourth, and fifth with Dongwoon. Which meant one thing. I'd have to go to my first period. Alone. Without Doojoon or Dongwoon. Great. At least Dongwoon had Language Arts at the same time as me, so it wasn't too bad. And our classrooms were right next to each other, so that was a plus too. Doojoon had math on the other side of campus at that time, so he waved bye to me and Dongwoon. Dongwoon immediately in turn paraded me to the Language Arts building, our presence gaining the attention of the entire student body it seemed like as we walked pass. Whispers followed me to my classroom door, where Dongwoon bid me farewell before he entered his own classroom.

Great.

Now I'm alone.

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. Wiping my hands on my pants, I reached for the door handle and turned it open, the entire classes attention turning on me. Not bothering to meet any of their eyes, I walked to the teacher with my head down and my schedule in hand. The teacher, Mr. Choi, took my schedule and quickly scanned over it, nodding when he decided I was actually in the right class. He walked to the front of the room, the whispers in the classroom immediately ceasing as he did so. Mr. Choi cleared his throat and scanned the classroom. "Students, we have a new addition today. Please introduce yourself."

"Annyeonghaseyo." I started as I bowed low to the class. "My name is Yong Junhyung. Please take good care of me." The class replied, some girls shouting out their names to me and screaming oppa at me. A few boys  did as well, I took note of. Mr. Choi cleared his throat once more, tapping on his desk, asking for silence.

"Well, Junhyung-ssi, you can take the empty seat next to Hyunseung. Hyunseung? Please raise your hand."

Hyunseung. 

I finally rose my eyes, to be greeted by the beautiful eyes I'd been yearning to see for the past week since I met the red-headed boy a week ago.

Jang Hyunseung.

Little did I know, Jang Hyunseung would be the one to cause me the most happiness and the most pain I'd ever experienced in my life.

 

a/n: Thank you all so much for the subscribers already~! You guys are truly daebak~! Sorry if it started a little slow, next chapter will be better, promise. I needed to introduce characters, and still have to introduce Kiki and Seobie, but they'll come soon enough~! Comment and suscribe~! Thank you all~! I love you~! <33

p.s.

 

how freaking precious can junseung be? >3<

perfect otp is perfect.