Epilogue

Kiss it and Make it Better

All things must come to an end and my exploration of Onew and Lex will end with this.

 

And I kind of decided spur of the moment to just put this up today too, rather than waiting for tomorrow like I had originally planned.  I hope you enjoy!

 

 

 

Epilogue

 

 

“Video feed is good?!” A nameless PD shouted over the room. 

 

“Neh!” came a deep, male voice from somewhere in the shadows to Onew’s right.

 

“Audio is set?!” the same voice shouted.

 

“Neh!” another voice called, this time a woman.

 

“We good to roll?!” the voice cried again.

 

A collective, “Neh!” was released and Onew and Lex smiled.

 

It was their last time filming for We Got Married!

 

They had taken some time off when Lex was hurt, but now they were back for one final episode.  The show just wanted to wrap things up and give the audience some closure with them as an imaginary couple, so they could start focusing on them as a real one. 

 

“Ready?” Onew whispered, grabbing her hand.

 

She smiled up at him and squeezed back, “One last time…” 

 

“Okay you two!” the PD called, “Whenever you’re ready.”

 

The bizarreness of the world of reality TV in Korea really surprised him sometimes.  The whole country knew what had happened to Lex, but they weren’t allowed to reference it on screen right now, because it would ‘break the illusion.’ 

 

For their last date on the show, they were going ice skating.  This seemed like a bad idea to Onew – to take two klutzes, one of whom had been quite hurt recently, and put them on blades on a slippery surface.

 

Onew tottered a bit as he took to the ice and laughed a little at the shriek that Lex let out when she slip and glided farther forward that she had intended, and wound up bent double in her attempt to keep herself balanced. 

 

“Yeobo!  You alright?” he called, moving towards her with a kind of stomp/glide/fly motion with his body. 

 

Lex straightened up and giggled at the site of him. 

 

“This could be bad.” She said succinctly, taking in the whole situation. 

 

“Or it could be fun…” the singer pointed out, reaching her and taking her hand again.  “Come on, let’s try…”

 

And together they started off across the ice rink that the show had rented out for them. 

 

The stumbled and caught each other, managing to keep each other vertical most of the time, and laughing their asses off at each other when they couldn’t.

 

The cold of the room brightened their cheeks to a lovely pink and their smile stretched over their faces so widely that it actually hurt a little but they couldn’t stop. 

 

After an hour of banter and races and making up silly games that a five-year-old would even shake their head at, the couple finally came in off of the ice and pulled off their skates. 

 

The show had wanted them to then wish their “spouse” good bye, basically just like every other couple had done in the history of the show.  But none of the other couples had actually come together to form a romantic relationship. 

 

Onew and Lex decided that they wouldn’t do it.  They had been faking it for this show long enough and now that it was real, they were told to lie again.  They wouldn’t do it.

 

As they sat on the bench, pulling their own shoes back on after taking off the rented skates, Onew let out a dramatic sigh. 

 

“What?” Lex asked, turning slightly to face her boyfriend.

 

He leaned forward a placed a tender kiss to her forehead, then her nose, and finally her lips.

 

“To a new beginning…” he said quietly, but he knew that his mic would pick it up. 

 

“A new beginning.” Lex agreed, grabbing his hand and pulling him to his feet and they slowly walked off of the set.

 

Once they cleared the cameras, they pulled off their mics and handed them to an audio tech before just walking straight out the door, still hand in hand.

 

The maknae PD was ready to chase the couple down and drag them back to “film it properly this time,” but the main PD stopped him and shook his head. 

 

“Their way was better than ours anyway.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So - how was it?  Good?  Bad?  Somewhere in the middle?  This was my first time writing with an Original Character as a main character and I was really worried about making her a Mary Jane or somehow slipping myself into the story instead.  That is a large part of the reason that this fic is written entirely from the male perspective.  I figured by staying out of Lex's head, if she seems too perfect I can always say that it's because Onew is seeing her through rose colored glasses.  Haha...  But I was really worried about my protrayel of her in this story so now that you've read it all - please give me your honest opinion: both good and bad (just not to harsh...constructive please).