A confession and a proposition (part II)

Circle

“So you are telling me that you want to reject your long time best friend slash our school heartthrob because a gay you like has a crush on him?” Soojung asked Jinri incredulously, her eyes was widening in disbelief. It was lunch break at their school and everyone else had gone out, leaving the class almost empty. Jinri, however, had grabbed Soojung’s blazer-covered arm right before the wavy haired girl ran to the cafeteria and made Soojung listen to her problem. Jinri need a solution and fast --even if she didn’t want to admit it because she claimed herself to be a sensible girl—Soojung would be objective enough to knock some sense into her currently irrational mind.

“Soojung! If you put it that way  sound like an idiot. Besides, you forget that I don’t have any romantic interest in Sehun,“ Jinri whined and pouted while looking up at Soojung, who was conveniently seated on her desk in their school’s uniform: white short sleeves shirt, brown checkered skirt with mustard-yellow lining on its hem, huge matching brown bowtie, and mustard-yellow blazer with brown lining.

Soojung rolled her pretty eyes. “First,” she held up her index finger, “what I said is pretty much the truth. You just don’t want to acknowledge it. Second,” she added a second finger, “you are indeed being an idiot here. And lastly,” she added up a third finger, “dating doesn’t always begin with mutual feelings. Sometimes, you just need to give the other person some time to charm you. That’s why confessing is important. You’ll never know if the one you confess to will give you that chance or not. Besides, you were able to stand Sehun for the last 17 years, why can’t you stand him for another month?”

“But Soojung, what about Luhan Oppa? He will definitely be heartbroken if I date Sehun.”

“Listen, here, Choi Jinri,” Soojung started impatiently, “whether you dated Sehun or not, that Luhan Oppa of yours will still have no chance with him because Sehun likes you. What part of ‘Sehun likes you’ don't you understand? Besides, think about what Luhan has done for you and what Sehun has done for you, too. It shouldn’t be difficult for you to see who you should care more.”

Jinri was silenced. Soojung was right; Sehun had done so much for her, while Luhan made her heart flutter as well as break. It was a little bit unfair since she had known Sehun for years while Luhan for only a few months. She still owed Sehun big time. But…

“Soojung, what about my own feelings? Should I not care about it, huh?”

Soojung shook her head sympathetically.

“The first thing you should realize when you have a crush on a gay is that you will never stand a chance, Jinri. Didn’t you say that he rejected you, anyway?”

Jinri bit her lower lip.

“But Soojung…”

“I give up!” Soojung exclaimed as she threw her hands in the air. “Do whatever you want, Jinri. Just remember, you only have a month left in Seoul. Make the best of it.”

Soojung stood up and was about to leave the class when Jinri grabbed her arm.

“Soojung, don’t be mad at me too,” Jinri pleaded to her best friend.

Soojung eyed her in shock while tugging her arm from Jinri’s death grip.

“Of course I’m not. Why would I, anyway? I’m starving. The bell rang ages ago and all this counseling stuff is not going anywhere at all. I won’t be able to concentrate with an empty stomach so I have to grab something for lunch before the bell rings again. Do you want something from the cafeteria?”

 Jinri sighed in relief. She quickly shook her head.

“I’m not hungry.”

“Okay, then.”

Soojung hurriedly ran out of their classroom without a second glance at her best friend. Jinri leaned back to her chair, pondering about the options she had. She was breaking a lot of hearts here. She broke her own but she couldn’t help it; she never had a chance in the first place. Luhan’s was broken but it wasn’t her fault—it was Sehun’s. She broke Sehun’s yesterday but she still had a way to put it back with a sacrifice: her heart.

She sighed as she closed her eyes; the choice was too obvious.


TBC



AN:

Okay, a super short update here... >_<

I hope you enjoy it. >_<

Ah, ah, and big thanks to RaspberryTaffy for beta-ing this chapter. XD

Thank you for all the comments and subbies, and votes >_<
 

with many-many-many thankful love,

himalayancat