Sehun’s heart

Circle

It was another day after school and Sehun had miraculously went home with her. Although they went to school together every day, they almost never went home together. Both of them had different extracurricular activities: Sehun with his soccer club and swimming club while Jinri with her math club and library club. However, that day Sehun had decided to take his childhood friend to a close by café for a bubble tea.

Which Jinri believed to be not just a simple bubble tea.

“What is it?” She quickly darted when they had just seated in the café.

“Woah, woah. Calm down. We have just sat. Besides, who said that I’m going to ask you for a favor?”

Sehun responded with a fake hurt expression that didn’t match his natural poker face.

She hit him by the arm, earning a groan from the pale boy.

“It’s not like I’ve just met you yesterday. I know you, Oh Sehun.” She impatiently hissed.

Sehun, however, ignored her and summoned the waitress instead. He nonchalantly placed his order and asked her to tell him hers. They didn’t talk about anything but it wasn’t awkward at all; both of them were just not a fan of chatting. They were pretty much comfortable to be in silent with each other: that was just how close they were. When their bubble tea finally arrived, she asked him once again.

“So, what is it?”

Sehun sipped his tea demurely, as if he was in a formal meeting or something. Jinri impatiently tapped her fingers on the edge of the table.

“You like Kim Soo Hyun right? What was the name of the new movie he was going to star, again?”

She blinked. She wasn’t sure if Sehun was answering her question or simply wanted to have something to talk. But then again, they were not the type to have small talk with each other. So she opted for the first option and thought of the question as a way for Sehun to answer hers.

“’Chasing the Sun’, right? What about it?”

“You know that the premier is this Saturday evening, right?”

Her eyes widen. He couldn’t be…

She nodded wordlessly.

“Well,” Sehun started while idly stirring the tea, “Tiffany-noona kind of having two extra ticket to the screening and I, no, she just remembered that you like him. So maybe we could go together.”

Sehun his lips before sipping his tea again. lips is a habit he had when he was nervous. Jinri blinked again. No way. She didn’t want to believe that her good friend Sehun was asking her out.

It wasn't that she didn't see it coming, though. She was perceptive in the first place and Sehun was someone she really cared about. She didn’t miss the hidden glances, the hand that lingered a bit longer on her arm, nor the warm ruffling on her hair Sehun had done since the beginning of their second year in high school—which was less than half a year ago. She just chose to overlook it since she obviously didn’t feel the same way about him. The addition of Luhan to her life was definitely a disruption to her already messy relationship with Sehun.

She loved Luhan but Luhan liked Sehun, who clearly didn’t love him back since he had a crush on her.  A crazy mess of feelings, indeed.

“So, you’re coming with me, right?”

The annoying thing about Sehun was that he always thought that everyone would follow his requests, especially his best friend Jinri. He was always so sure that she would say yes to anything he asked for. Jinri didn’t understand either but it seemed that she just couldn’t refuse him. Being an outspoken person she was, she liked to refuse other people requests but somehow she just could never refuse his.

But at the moment, there was Luhan in consideration.

Luhan had decided that she needed extra hours for Mandarin—because of her lack of improvement—so he told her to have classes with him at Saturdays, after he finished his dance class. If she went with Sehun to the movie, that meant she had to cancel her class with Luhan and the blonde haired man was definitely going to let her go without a proper explanation. Telling Luhan that she was going to watch a movie premier with Sehun on a Saturday is almost the same as telling Luhan to break his own heart by saying that she own Sehun’s. And no, she didn’t want to do that because she cared too much about Luhan, even if the older man would never love her back. A maiden heart in love is just irrational like that.

She sighed before looking up from her cup that she had mindlessly turned around.

"You know I have class with Luhan-oppa in Saturdays." She muttered softly.

“Are you sure you’re going to miss Kim Soo Hyun screening? Ditch Luhan-hyung for once in a while. You have been spending every single day with him.” He told her innocently.

“Well, I kind of need to understand Mandarin soon and…” she stopped for a while when an idea hit her.

“Why don’t you ask Luhan-oppa instead?”

Sehun choked on his tea and it made him coughed relentlessly. She quickly stood up and tapped his back while a waitress hurriedly came with some napkins. Sehun wiped his mouth while mumbling, “What the hell are you thinking? Inviting Luhan-hyung? I’m not going to a movie screening with a guy.

Sehun eyes widened as realization dawn into him. “Besides, isn’t he the one who is supposed to teach you Mandarin on Saturday? What are you trying to do here?” He eyed her intensely; suspicion was clear on his pretty face.

He glared at her and Jinri had just realized her stupidity. “You did tell me that I took all Luhan-oppa’s time from you.” She mumbled weakly—she was a terrible liar—and quieted down as Sehun sent her another glare.

“You have no idea what I have to do to make Tiffany-noona agrees to give me two tickets.” Sehun muttered before taking his cup to his lips.

“I thought you told me that Tiffany-unnie had extra tickets.”

It was a good thing that Sehun hadn’t drunken his tea because if he had he would have been choked by the tea again. The cup stop mid air as red coloring made its way to his pale cheeks. “Whatever.” He muttered before sipping his tea.

They spent the next 10 minutes in silence, both of them sipping their tea quietly. Jinri eyed Sehun from her cup: he had been and biting his lower lip subconsciously—indicating the level of nervousness he had. She sighed; she couldn’t really stand the pitiful sight.

So when Sehun asked her again while paying their bills, she answered with with a muted nod. Sehun face lit up; it wasn’t really clear though since Sehun was naturally stoic.

The only problem she had was how she was going to break the news to Luhan.


 

She tried to bring the topic to Luhan but never had enough courage to spill it out. It was not until her Friday session ended that she told him about it. It wasn’t like she had any other choice anyway, since the screening was the day after it.

“Luhan-oppa,” she opened the conversation carefully. “About this Saturday…”

“It’s alright, we can add the hours to your Monday session. Just be prepared to be exhausted on Monday.” Luhan told her casually while putting his books back to his bag.

Jinri’s eyes widened in surprised. How did he…

She wasn’t sure if Luhan could read her mind or if she actually said it out loud because Luhan cut her off curtly, “It’s okay, really. Sehun had texted me two days ago. He told me that maybe you wouldn’t tell me until the last minute. I’m quite surprised at how good he is in predicting you.”

She bit her lower lip.

“I’m sorry, Oppa.”

Luhan looked up from his bag; a smile was plastered on his handsome face.

“It’s fine, Jinri-ah.” He reached out to ruffle her hair.

“This is nothing romantic at all, Oppa. I’m not with Sehun or anything. It’s just… her sister got extra tickets and she remembered that I like the actor.”

Luhan chuckled. But there was no merriness in it.

“It really is okay, Jinri-ah. Have fun tomorrow.” Another smile was plastered on his face.

Sometimes, Jinri really hate Luhan’s eyesmile because his crinkled eyes made it difficult for her to see the actual emotion behind his smile.


TBC

Thank you so much for all the subscribers >_<

dsiredream, indifference, tamagie, Jiyoonie98, maryda, babyblackrose, PaperBunnies, SsuLAbo, exopanda, dcyseokyu, glossjunior, YourObsessionSuju, ilovejinri.

I love you all!

The chapters are dedicated to you all..

with many-many thankful love,

himalayancat