Betrayal

Circle

 

Jinri never liked Monday, but she’d never dreaded it like she did at that moment. She was restless as she waited for Sehun the Monday morning right after their not-so-smooth date. When her mother told her he’d arrived, she felt her heart race with anxiety. When she came down from her room upstairs, she saw him chatting with her mother like any other morning and wondered if she could turn back time and go to a time she could see Sehun without feeling uneasy.

“Mom, I’m leaving,” She said as she put on her backpack. After her mother kissed her cheeks, she turned to Sehun and called to him in a tone she hoped sounded cheerful. “Sehun, let’s go.”

Sehun nodded courteously at her mother before following her outside. Jinri wished that they could talk – or even simply bicker with each other – casually, like they had done every morning, but that day, no words were exchanged between them. She constantly stole peeks at him, but he never looked back at her. Instead, his eyes were always focused elsewhere and his lips repeatedly. He seemed to be in deep thought. His hands were secured in the pockets of his pants – a contrast to his usual self who always yearned for innocent. Accidental skin contact.

They only spoke when they’d arrived in front of her classroom. She handed him the lunch box she’d made and he thanked for it. Jinri was already heading to her seat when Sehun grabbed her shoulder, making her turn back to him.

“Jinri, you don’t have to wait for me this evening. I…will be late because of soccer club today. Besides, you still have lessons with Luhan-hyung, right?”

Jinri looked into his eyes and knew that this ‘soccer club’ was something he’d made up last minute. She had been his best friend for the last 17 years after all. Nevertheless, she still nodded in agreement. Sehun wanted some time for himself.

“Okay. Just be careful and don’t be too late.” She replied in what was supposed to be a playful manner, but failed miserably. He nodded and was about to leave when he stopped and added, as if like an afterthought, “Oh, and please send my greetings to Luhan-hyung.”

Jinri was surprised to hear him mention Luhan’s name. At first she didn’t understand why, but then she realized it’d been a while since Sehun had last talked about Luhan. She wondered if there was anything between the two, but quickly brushed the thought off. Sehun would definitely tell her about it if there was. Luhan was Sehun’s favorite hyung, after all.

“Will do.”

 


 

Jinri wasn’t sure if she should be grateful when the awkwardness between her and Sehun subsided – since it left an invisible wall between them. They talked to each other again the next day, but were trapped. They couldn’t be as casual as they were in their childhood, nor could they step back into the couple-relationship they’d had in the past few weeks.  It was as if the wall was hindering their closeness. She missed the old Sehun, her old self, and their friendship. She was still thankful though, that in her miserable last days in Seoul, Soojung stayed by her side and gave her support. However, Soojung couldn’t help her fix her chaotic relationship. She needed to do it on her own – but she had no idea how.

It was Wednesday evening – two days before her departure – when Luhan snapped his fingers loudly in front of her face, snapping her – literally – out of her thoughts. She gasped as Luhan’s face came into focus, eyes glimmering in frustration and concern.

“This is not working.” He said as he shook his head in disbelief. “You’re not even listening to what I said. We might as well cancel this session and get back to it when you can actually pay attention.”

He stood and walked over to her, seating himself on the mat beside her. His hands reached for her shoulders as he turned her to face him.

“What happened? You’ve been out of it for quite a while and now you’re getting worse. And if you’re going to say that you are only sad because you’re leaving, then I’m not buying it. There must’ve been something else. Tell me, Jinri-ah. I’ll help you if I can.”

His voice was firm, but dripping with concern. His eyes were boring into hers – genuine care clear in those black orbs. Jinri’s eyes widened when she realized what the source of her problem was.

Luhan.

Luhan was a teacher, but he didn’t keep a proper distance from his students; both Sehun and her. He was too meddlesome, too involved, too caring, too gentle, too compassionate, and worst of all, too difficult not to love. Her life was perfect before he came. It was his kindness that ruined her, his gentleness that broke her, and his care that kept her from getting away from him. Everything was entirely his fault. She harshly brushed his hands away from her shoulders as tears brimmed in her eyes, obscuring her view.

“I hate you!” Jinri yelled at him as tears threatened to fall from her eyes. “You’re too nosy.” Jinri started to sob, tears streaming down her cheeks. “Too kind…” She grabbed anything within her grasp and threw them at him. “You care too much!” She proceeded to hit any part of Luhan within her reach – while Luhan was stunned silent by her.

“I’m not happy.” She whimpered – her tears somehow unstoppable. “Do you know why? I can’t love Sehun back.” Jinri muttered between sobs, her hands had finally been caught by Luhan. “Because I can’t – “

I can’t stop loving you.

The rest of Jinri’s words were drowned out by her uncontrollable cries. Her body shook violently as she let out all the emotions she had bottled up for the last half year. Everything that happened in the last six months flashed through her mind – her falling in love at first sight with Luhan, Luhan’s confession about Sehun, Sehun asking her out for the first time, her confession to Luhan, her kiss with Luhan, her fight with Sehun, Sehun’s confession, her unsuccessful date with Sehun, and Sehun getting away from her. All the memories made her cry louder.

Luhan released his death grip on Jinri’s shaking wrist, and she felt a pair of safe arms embrace her and Luhan’s strongly scented neck muffled her bawling. Luhan’s warmth engulfed her when he tightened his hold on her shoulders, comforting her. One of his hands gently caressed her black tresses to calm her as she trembled violently against his lithe body.

When Jinri had finally stopped trembling, she felt his warm hands cup and lightly both sides of her cheeks before something soft touched her lips. The softness pressed on her lips soothingly, calming her. Its movements deliberately coaxed her cry to an end and the gentle caress on her lips gradually became deeper, conveying the emotions of its owner.

His care

Concern

Affection

Anxiety

Pain

Jealousy

His love.

Luhan was right. Jinri found herself naturally responding to his kiss, her lips copying his every movement. Her instinct ruled over her mind. She didn’t’ understand how, but she knew her fingers were already messily tangled in his golden locks. Her heart raced in excitement as he showed his adoration to her through his lips. She felt electricity running through all her senses as his kiss became more and more sensuous as the seconds ticked by. His weight steadily pushed her backwards and she unconsciously leaned down. One of his hands was still holding the back of her head, while the other propped him up from the floor. Both Jinri and Luhan were too engaged in the kiss to realize that the door had been opened, revealing a rather shocked, middle-aged woman.

“WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON HERE?!”


TBC



AN: 

dun, dun, dun.. are you surprised with this chapter? kekeke....

Thank you so much for the comments, subs, and upvote T_T

I really-really appreciate them. this chapter, as usual, is dedicated to you all.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please tell me how you feel in the comments box below. :)

with many-many thankful love,

himalayancat

Late, but edited~ Sorry, love. ;~; 

-T

And credit to dear RaspberryTaffy for beta-ing this chapter :D

Love you, Dear.