ing

I'm Her "Husband," She's My "Wife"

 

 

chapter 7; 

                  ing

 

 

S O O M I N ' S  P O V

» My eyes were locked with the beautiful round, brown eyes in front of me.  There was only about three or two inches between Luhan and I.  His arms were at both sides of my head and his upper body was in a push up position.  My gaze shifted from his eyes, to the other beautiful features of his face—his perfect, porcelain white skin, his squishy cheeks, his soft, pink lips…I bet he would be a good kisser…SNAP OUT OF IT.

We were both frozen to our positions, unable to make a move.  Only the sound of heavy breathing and beating hearts could be heard.  What should I do?

There was a part of me that wanted to move closer to him but that desire disappeared when I felt a strange sensation in my nose.  Before I could stop it or turn to the side, my nose started to twitch and I sneezed.  Luhan managed to turn his face away from mines, but I still sneezed on part of his face.  We both stood up quickly and I took my handkerchief from my bag and frantically wiped his face.

“I’m so sorry; I didn’t mean to do that.  Are you okay?” I asked.

“Ne, I’m fine.  Don’t worry.”  He tried to take the handkerchief from me and do it himself, but I was stubborn and wouldn’t let him.

When his face was clean, we both just stood there, awkwardly looking at the floor.  If it weren’t for my sneeze, who knows what would have happened.  Just the thought of it made me shiver.  I peered at Luhan, his eyes were still on the ground and his cheeks were bright red.  Was he thinking about what happened too?  Or what could have happened?

“It’s late, I should take you home,” he said, finally breaking the awkward silence.  I nodded in response.      

 

 

» “And the doctor said, the worst news is, I forgot to tell you yesterday!” Chanyeol said, automatically laughing afterwards like a crackhead. 

Hana, Jaehwa, and I pretended to laugh at his lame joke and the rest of Exo-K just gave him are-you-stupid-or-something glares.  As SM High’s kingkas and queenkas, we all sat together during lunch and were pretty good friends.  We were all seniors too.

“Yah, why are guys looking at me like that?  Hana-ah, Jaehwa-ah, and Soomin-ah laughed,” he said with a pout.  Then he turned to me.  “You think I’m funny right, Soomin-ah?”  He looked at me with puppy eyes.

“Of course you are,” I said, ruffling his hair.  Chanyeol, on my right side, smiled at me cutely and Kai on my other side, glared at him.

“See, she thinks I’m funny.” 

“Whatever,” Baekhyun said boredly, as he played around with his chopsticks.

“Yah, I’m funnier than him right?” asked Kai, who placed his arm around my shoulders protectively.   

“Of course oppa, you’re perfect.”  Groans came from the grossed out boys but Kai just smiled at my cheesiness.  He leaned towards me and I smiled knowingly, waiting for his lips to touch mines.  But a familiar voice interrupted our little moment.

“What’s up?”  We all turned around and saw Luhan and five other boys.  My eyes met with Luhan’s.  .

 

 

L U H A N ' S  P O V

» “What’s up?” I asked, just in time to Soomin and Kai’s kiss. 

Who does he think he is, just kissing her like that?  Yeah, I know he’s her boyfriend but still, I have a plan.  The students at the table looked at me and Exo-M with surprise, especially Soomin.  Our eyes met and we both looked away.  Even though the accident happened over a week ago, it was still pretty awkward between us.  But that would change today.

“What the do you want?” said the guy with the huge eyes.

“Hyungs, do you him?” asked Kai.

“HE WAS THE ONE THAT-”

“Shush maknae,” one of the hyungs said, making the other boy sit back down.  I remember him, wasn’t he the wimp who ran away? 

“We just wanted to join you guys for lunch,” I smiled.  The boys erupted in laughter except for Kai.

“Why would we let you do that?” a boy with a deep voice asked in between laughs.

“See Luhan, they don’t want us here lets go,” Tao said, tugging on my shirt. 

The other guys behind me agreed.  Over the past week, they had become by best guy friends.  I became part of their group, Exo-M, a name they like to call themselves.  We always ate lunch together and hanged out before and after school.  They were about to leave, but Soomin stopped them. 

Guys, stop acting so rude.”  She turned to us and smiled sweetly.  “Of course you guys can join us.  It’s Minseok, Kris, Lay, Jongdae, and Tao right?”  They gawked at her.

“Y-you k-know our na-names?” Kris stuttered.

“Of course, why wouldn’t I?” she asked with a cute eye smile.  “Come sit down guys, there’s still a lot of room.”

I thought it was adorable how kind hearted she was.  Even after many years and a change of appearance, she was still the same on the inside.  One of the girls grabbed my arm and pushed me into the seat next to her, she gave me a flirtatious smile.

“I’m Hana,” the girl said.  “And you?”

“Luhan,” I replied with a forced smile. 

I don’t have a good feeling about her…I turned my head to the front and caught Soomin’s eyes on me.  She quickly looked away.  I surveyed the seating arrangement at the table.  In the first row was the pretty boy with guyliner, Kris, a tall guy with curly hair, Soomin, Kai, another guy with curly hair, Minseok, and Jongdae.  In my row was Tao, the boy with the big eyes, the guy who ran away, me, Hana, another girl, and Lay.

“Soomin, say ah,” said Kai, hovering a piece of beef with his chopsticks over .

“Ahh-”

A baby carrot suddenly flew into the air and hit Kai’s head, making him drop his chopsticks.  He rubbed his head and sent an evil glare to me.  I smiled at him innocently.

“Woops, my bad.  I’m so clumsy sometimes.”  My friends snickered at my response and Kai sent his evil glare to them, making them shut up.

“Are you okay Kai-ah?” asked the girl next to Hana.

“Ne, are you alright oppa?” Soomin asked worriedly.

“Don’t worry he’s fine.  Only a baby would get hurt from a baby carrot, and you’re a big boy aren’t you, Kai-sshi?” 

I smirked in satisfaction at his pissed of expression.  He obviously didn’t have a good comeback.  But surprisingly, after a moment of tense silence, he returned my smirk with a mischievous one and turned to face Soomin.

“Ne, oppa’s fine.  Aigoo, you’re so cute when you’re worried,” he said, before softly pecking her lips.

Soomin seemed surprised by the sudden kiss and began blushing.  He looked back at me with the same mischievous smirk on his face.  I turned beet red in anger.  That damn bastard… 

“Uh, so, Luhan-sshi, winter break is coming up soon, got any plans?” asked Hana, breaking the silence.

“Besides spending time with my family, nothing much.” 

I glanced at Soomin, she was no longer blushing.  Instead, there was a sad expression on her face as she picked at her food with her chopsticks.  I wanted to reach out and comfort her, but I couldn’t.  Not yet at least.

“You should come ice skating with us next Saturday, it’ll be fun!”

“Yah!  Hana-ah, what do you think you’re doing?” the boy with the deep voice exclaimed.

“I’m inviting him to hang out with us, duh.”

“But I don’t want him to c-”

“Chanyeol-ah!  Don’t be rude, he’s my friend.”  What the hell?  I only met you today.  “It’s okay for him to come with us, right Soomin?”  She looked up at Hana and blinked a few times before realizing the question she was just asked.

“Um yeah sure.  You guys should come with us too,” she said, bring the rest of Exo-M’s attention to her.  They couldn’t believe someone as popular as her was inviting them somewhere.  Plus, they didn’t really go out much, besides to the library, computer room, and Wushu practice for Tao.

“You’re ruining our vacation,” I heard the boy with the guyliner mutter.  His comment was too quiet for Soomin to hear.

The rest of lunchtime was filled with more awkwardness, ing ,and learning new things.  I was able to learn the names of the kingkas, but we all still hated each other.  I doubt they would ever like me after beating them all up.  They actually called themselves Exo-K, which I found very ironic.  The rest of Exo-M barely talked throughout lunch.  They were just shy I guess.  I was right about Hana; she kept touching me and brushing her leg against mines.  She also did a lot of bad aegyo in front of me.  Does she think that’s gonna attract me?  Hell no.  I need to stay away from her.

 

 

 

 

 

author's ramblings:    I’m really sorry for not updating in such a long time.  I’ve been having writter’s block so this chapter took me forever write.  But Thanksgiving break is soon so hopefully I’ll be able to update more often.  BTW, I'm slowly changing the story layout for each chapter so yeah.  ~Pyong!