New Friends

I'm Her "Husband," She's My "Wife"

 

Luhan’s POV

 

“Time to teach you idiots a lesson.”

 

First, I punched the guy who was shaking his fist around; he sorta looked like the leader among the other idiots.  I heard a crackling noise as my fist made contact with his nose.  Then I kicked him in the stomach and he fell to the floor.  Both the bullies and the nerds looked at me with shock.  One guy was so surprised that his eyes were as big as an owl’s.  I guess nobody has ever beaten one of these bullies up before.  Another guy went to the leader’s aid. 

 

“Suho hyung,” the guy said as he tried to help him.  He was a pretty boy like me, but he was the type that wore guyliner.  Pretty boy looked at me furiously.  “You,” he said, pointing his finger at me.  Then on cue, the rest of bullies attacked me, which was pretty unfair.  I mean it’s one against four. How can you expect me to win?  Suddenly, another figure appeared beside me with a stick in his hand…a wushu stick.  The guy automatically started beating the crap out of the attackers and I followed suit.  The height of his kicks, the way he skillfully moved his wushu stick in the air, they all looked strangely familiar to me. Now there was only one guy left, he trembled in fear.

 

“I’m thorry, I’m tho thorry!” he yelled and ran away.  Well that was easy…

 

“Kamsahamnida!”  I turned around and saw all of the nerds, including the wushu boy, in a line, bowing ninety degrees. 

 

“It’s nothing, you guys needed help and yeah…”  I felt kinda guilty, helping them wasn’t the only reason I fought those bullies.

 

“But no one ever tries to help us.  If other people see us getting beaten up, they usually just ignore us,” the tallest one said.

 

“That’s so sad, but I’m surprised that you guys need any help when you have him here.”  I pointed at the boy with the wushu stick.  “He’s way more advanced than me.”  I looked at him closely.  The fierce martial artist that was fighting by my side a few moments ago was now an awkward turtle, shyly looking down, playing around with his wushu stick.  He really does look familiar, maybe I know him.

 

“Yeah, but Tao over here, won’t fight unless there’s someone by his side,” said a boy with chubby cheeks.  He kinda looked like a baozi.  “And the rest of us can’t fight and he won’t even teach us,” baozi said with a pout.  Tao?  I know that name…

 

“Zitao?  Huang Zitao?”  He looked up at me and a big smiled formed on his face.

 

“Luhan gege!”  Tao ran and hugged me.  I laughed and ruffled his hair.

 

“You haven’t changed at all Tao,” I said in Mandarin. 

 

“You speak Mandarin?” one of the guys asked.  *in Mandarin*

 

“And you know Tao?”  *in Mandarin*

 

“Yeah, I’m a transfer student from China.”  *in Mandarin*  The four of us Mandarin speaking boys started excitedly talking to each other in our native language.  Like me, they were transfer students too.  I told them that Tao was my childhood friend.  I met him when I came back to Beijing from Seoul.   We both took wushu together but I only wanted to learn how to defend myself and Tao was really passionate about it and left the city to go to a renowned wushu school in another part of China.  That’s how we got separated.

 

“Uh hem.”  The four of us turned around.  Baozi and another guy were standing awkwardly to the side.  “Sorry to ruin the moment but we feel kinda left out since we don’t know what you guys are say,” said the other guy.  The tall one laughed and apologized.

 

“We should introduce ourselves.”  The tall one was Kris, the two Korean were Minseok and Jongdae, and the other Chinese guy was Lay.

 

“I’m Luhan.”

 

“Luhan?”  Lay looked at me with a shocked expression.

 

“Ne, waeyo?”

 

“You’re in my class, you’re the guy that said he was married to Soo Min-ssi,” he said.  At the mention of her name, I remembered the kiss.  The mental image of them floated around in my mind.  That damn Kai.

 

“That was you?  The whole school is talking about you two,” said Jongdae.

 

“The whole school knows?”

 

“Ne, rumor says you just yelled it out loud and started hugging her in front of everyone.”  I scratched my head embarrassingly.  I guess I shouldn’t have done that in public…

 

“So that was the “wife” you told me about before?” asked Tao.  I nodded.  When we were little, I told him I was a married man and he didn’t believe me.  “Wow she’s one of the queenkas of this school, and she’s really nice too.  But because of the incident, some people think she’s a…” He looked away and so did the others.

 

“A what?”  Tao hesitated at first, but he continued.

 

“A .”

 

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Soo Min’s POV

 

When Kai and I entered the loud cafeteria, the room became silent.  I looked around the large room and saw everyone’s eyes on me, even the cafeteria ladies.

 

“Kai, does everyone know?” I whispered in his ear.

 

“Yeah.”  I gulped.  I needed to clear up this misunderstanding now.

 

“It’s not true,” I said loudly, making sure everyone heard me.  “I’m not married to Luhan.  It was a misunderstanding, we’re just friend.”  I felt my chest tighten when I said the last thing. 

 

I’m pretty sure if somebody else said what I said, no one would believe them.  But since it was me, the tension in the room disappeared and everyone started laughing and talking about how silly they were to believe I would do such a thing.  I relaxed a little. 

 

“Look, you have nothing to worry about anymore,” Kai said with a smile.  We headed to our regular table where my two best friends Hana and Jae Hwa were already sitting at.

 

“Tell us everything now,” Hana said as soon as I sat down.

 

“I’ll let you girls talk, see you later.”  Kai waved goodbye.  I nodded and waved back.  Jae Hwa smiled at him.

 

“Now talk.”  I laughed at how serious they looked, then  I told them exactly what I told Kai.

 

“Aw, that’s kinda sweet,” said Hana.  I bit my lip.  It really was sweet, now that I think about it.  Not a lot of guys would be so faithful to a girl for that long.

 

“So how did Kai react?” Jae Hwa asked.

 

“He was pretty calm about it actually, I thought he was going to beat up Luhan or something, but he’s so understanding.”  She seemed unsatisfied with my answer.

 

“Really?”

 

“Ne.”  Jae Hwa frowned.

 

“Enough about Kai, so is this Luhan guy cute?”  Hana smiled at me mischievously.

 

“What?  Why?”

 

“Well, since you don’t like him… maybe, I could have him?”  Her question angered me a little.

 

“Ani!”  My best friends looked at me in surprise.  I rarely ever raised my voice at anyone.  “Uh…I…I mean, ani as in ani, don’t ask me.  I don’t own him, he’s just my friend.” Hana smiled.

 

“Good.  Then you won’t care if I make him mine.”

 

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

 

Luhan’s POV

 

I stared at my hands like they were the most interesting things in the world.  Soo Min announced at lunch that it was all a misunderstanding and that we were just friends.  I didn’t hear her say it, but everyone was talking about it after lunch.  I was happy that people didn’t think badly of her anymore but I was also really sad because she said we were just friends, as in nothing more.  Maybe there is no hope…  Suddenly a thought came to my mind and  I smiled.  I think I have a plan.  The bell rang, dismissing class.

 

“Luhan.”  I turned and saw Soo Min.  She was looking away from me but I knew it was her who called me.  “We need to talk.  Privately.”  I smiled.  Time to put my plan into action.

 

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

 

Sorry for the late update, but I made this chapter longer than usual.  I finally have a poster!  Yay, I feel complete now.  Did you like the update?  What do you think Luhan’s plan is?  ~Pyong!