You Changed Everything

I'm Her "Husband," She's My "Wife"

The sun shone brightly down on the small playground of the elementary school.  It warmed my skin as I played around in the sand box by myself.  The sound of laughter and chatter could be heard all over the playground as other kids ran around and played with each other.  The pitiful glares of concerned teachers were burning holes through the back of my head. 

 

I sighed.  I was used to it.  I was used to being alone.  I just wish my teacher would stop making us do these stupid group projects in attempt to make me communicate with other kids and make friends.  Like that would every happen.  I always just stand there awkwardly while everyone else talks.  Can’t they just understand that no one wants to be friends with a nerdy, four-eyed, unsocial, and chubby little girl?  I could hear their voices in my head.  They were all making fun of me.

 

A small shadow hovered over me.  I looked up.  It was a boy.  He didn’t say anything and just sat down on the edge of the sand box.  I wanted to just ignore him but I couldn’t.  Something drew me to him.  I couldn’t really see his face because his back was facing me, but I could still tell that he was sad.

 

“Are you okay?”  I quickly covered my mouth.  Did I just talk to him?

 

The boy turned around and faced me.  I gasped.  He…he…he was kinda cute…  I mentally slapped myself, what am I thinking?  He had soft black hair, silky looking, white skin, a small, cute face, and dark eyes that had a tint of hope showing.  He tilted his head and looked at me questioningly.

 

Wait... I think I know him?  Isn’t he the new kid in my class?  Oh yeah, the one from China.  A bunch of kids were picking on him because he couldn’t speak Korean.  Was that why he was sad?  I felt bad just thinking about.

 

I waved at him and the pointed at myself and said, “Soo Min.”  He looked at me hesitantly at first and then smiled brightly.  He waved back and pointed at himself and said, “Luhan.”  I smiled back.  Luhan’s smile was so cute and contagious; I could feel his joyful aura rubbing of on me.  I had no idea how I was able to communicate with him, but at the moment, I didn’t care.  I pointed at him, then at me, then at the half built sand castle beside me.  He smiled again and nodded his head vigorously.

 

“Péng yǒu xiè xiè nǐ!” he said and wrapped his arms around my neck.  His touch made me feel even warmer.  Wh-what’s he doing?  I could feel the eyes of the teachers still on me, but this time they weren’t feeling pity for me, they were happy for me.  Later that day, I asked my dad, who taught at a university in China for 10 years, if he knew what Luhan said.  Dad told me that he said, “thank you friend.”  I couldn’t stop smiling.  Friend.  He called me his friend.

 

I was six years old when I made my first friend.

 

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

 

 

I walked down the halls of my high school like I owned the place.  I held my head up high and my long, black hair was flowing behind me like a majestic waterfall.  People bowed and smiled at me and I did the same back.  I was in the front and my two best friends Hana and Jae Hwa were walking behind me with just as much swag.  We reached our small blue lockers that stood in a row next to each other.  Before I could open mines, a pairs of hands covered my eyes, stopping me from my actions.

 

“Guess who?”  I stiffened.  It was my boyfriend, Kai.  It’s not that I don’t like him, it’s just… there’s something about him that kinda…irks me.  His touch always feels so cold.  Even if its summer time and he’s hugging me, he would still feel cold.  I never told him about it because I knew he would just get upset but it annoys me so much!  Especially when we’ve been dating for over a year and he does so much skinship.

 

I turned around to face Kai and gently pushed his arms away using his shirt sleeve.  I smiled.

 

“Oppa!” I exclaimed.  He looked so cute, like he always did.  His soft dark brown hair was styled in perfection, his brown eyes shined brightly, and his signature smile/smirk was across his face.  He had the ability to look good no matter what, even in our plain looking uniforms.  He grabbed my hand.

 

“Let’s go?” I nodded.

 

“Ne.”  Ugh, more skinship.  More cold, cold skinship.  I waved to Hana and Jae Hwa and we walked away.  He always walked me to class, in the morning and after lunch.  This little tradition started two years ago, the day after he confessed.  I smiled just thinking about it.  He was so sweet.

 

*Fast forward to after 2nd bell, class starts*

 

The teacher walked in and everyone stood up and bowed.  She signaled us to sit back down.

 

“Good morning class.  Before I start the math lesson, I would like to introduce you to our new foreign exchange student from Beijing, China,” Mrs. Jung said.

 

“Another one?” I heard one of my classmates say.  There were already three other foreign exchange students that transferred here from China this year and they were all sorta nerdy…  I’m usually not the type of person who judges others like that without knowing them but…they kinda were.

 

“Don’t be rude.  It’s wonderful that students like them are getting a diverse education like this.  So be quiet.  Anyway,” she faced the door as she said this, “you can come in.”  I turned my attention to my pencil.  Call it childish, but moving it up and down from the tip and seeing it go all wiggly still amuses me.

 

I heard the door open and all of my classmates gasped.  The girls started fangirling over how cute he apparently was.  I could care less.  I have Kai so why should I care about how cute some other guy is?  I kept my eyes on my pencil, it never failed to entertain me.

“Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Lu-”  The room went silent and then suddenly everyone started talking.  I finally looked up and was face to face with the new kid.  Probably only about 3 inches of air was between us.  I tried to back away but he held my chin and raised it up to his face to observe it.  I stared at his face and suddenly couldn’t breathe.  I-it ca-can’t b-be…

 

“L-Luhan?”  He smiled brightly.  That smile that I haven’t seen in so long…

 

“Yeobo!” he yelled, wrapping his arms around my neck.  Skinship.  Warm, warm skinship.

 

“Yeobo?”

 

“Is he her boyfriend?”

 

“But isn’t she dating Kai-sshi?”

 

“Is she cheating on him?”

 

“But Soo Min would never do that.”

 

They were all talking at once.  Luhan finally let go me and turned to the class.

 

“Yah,” he said in a suddenly serious tone.  When the room went quiet he smiled and said, “I’m not her boyfriend, I’m her husand.”

 

“Mwo?”  They all looked from him to me with open mouths.  Even Mrs. Jung was shocked.  I didn’t know what to say, what was he even taking about?  Oh wait…no…don’t tell me…

 

“Ne, I’m her husband, she’s my wife.”

 

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Yay, I was able to update today!  So here’s the 1st chapter, I hope you guy enjoyed it!  Thank you so much to my 6 subscribers~   I really appreciate it.  Oh and if you’re curious about how Kai confessed, I’ll probably mention that later in the story.  I might write again tomorrow or sometime during the weekend.  Comment and subscribe please.  ~Pyong!