Chapter 6

Wrong Focus.

I came back out after 20 minutes. I looked into the kitchen, no one was there anymore.

“Are you looking for Minhyuk?” I heard Gikwang’s voice.

“Y-yeah, where did he go?” I asked.

“He went home to wash up,” Gikwang replied.

“Oh. Okay, let’s go,” I went to take my bag and left the house with Gikwang.

We walked around in the nearby mall and had dinner. Then we left for the park we went to the last time.

“Do you mind telling me what happened just now?” He asked carefully after we found a bench to sit on.

“Oh? Wha-” I asked, then I remembered what happened in the kitchen, “oh, that.”

“If you don’t wanna say it, it’s fine, you know,” he looked at me and gave me a light smile.

“Nothing much actually. Just that he wasn’t like how he used to be the last few days. He even accused me just now for not inviting Jimin and for not informing him that I invited you. I mean, it’s my house, why do I have to inform him? Plus, I did invite her, but she wasn’t free to drop by. Then I thought he knew he was in the wrong, but he didn’t even apologize and just kept quiet. I really have no idea why did my best friend become like that,” I summarized the whole situation to Gikwang who just nodded in silence.

“Maybe he’s just really stressed up lately,” Gikwang consoled.

“Stressed up from what? He hasn’t been doing anything lately. Shall just accept the fact that he got bored and tired of me,” I sighed.

“Maybe. Just maybe, he’s like that because of me,” Gikwang said suddenly.

“What? Why would he be? It’s not because of you, don’t worry,” I smiled.  

Then we just continued talking about random stuffs that came out in our minds, and left for home after.

From: Gikwang
Hope that you’re feeling better! Don’t think too much alright!

From: Me
Haha, yes sir. Rest well!

I was sleepy, but I didn’t felt like sleeping yet. I took out my phone, and was about to send a text to Minhyuk, then I remembered what happened this afternoon.

“Aish, Lee Minhyuk. You bastard. Why did we become like that? I miss you… What happened to our friendship?” At first I was angry, but I became sad, and was on the verge of crying, again. I kept thinking about us, and fell asleep unknowingly.