Chapter 4

Wrong Focus.

I went home and took all my clothes out of my closet.

“What should I wear later? Ah, troubles of a woman,” I rolled my eyes.

Finally I picked out an outfit and went to bathe. Prepared and got ready by 1:55pm. The timing was just right.

“Pfft. Why am I feeling so nervous?” I breathed in and out.

*Ding-dong*

“Oh! He’s here. Chill, and relax, you can do it,” I said under my breath.

I opened the door, “h-hey!” and flashed my brightest smile.

“Hey beautiful. Are you ready to go?” He asked and smiled.

“Of course I am, let’s go,” I said as I took my stuff and locked the door.

Surprisingly the ride to the shopping mall wasn’t as awkward as I thought it will be. We managed to talk to each other comfortably. We reached the place within minutes.

6 hours later, after watching the movie, playing at the arcade, and eating dinner, we decided to take a walk at the park near my house.

We found a bench and sat down beside each other.

“Thanks for coming out with me today, I really enjoyed myself,” he started.

“Don’t say that, I had fun too,” I replied and smiled, “we should ask Minhyuk and Jimin along next time.”

“Do you… like Minhyuk?” He question.

“Eh?” I gave him a shocked expression.

He raised his eyebrows.

“He’s just my best friend,” I continued.

“So you don’t have any feelings for him?” He continued asking.

“Nope, I don’t think there’s any,” I answered.

“Then do you have anyone in mind?” He asked cautiously.

“Hmm, what if I say I do?” I teased.

“Hmm, good for you?” He replied and we laughed.

“Why didn’t you ask Jimin to be your girlfriend?” I asked curiously.

“Minhyuk didn’t tell you? I don’t like her. I don’t have any feelings for her,” he said straightforwardly, “I like someone else.”

“He did, but I just thought he was kidding,” I replied, still in shock with his straightforwardness.

“I know that you’ve been trying to get us together, I’m not dumb, you know,” he spoke, “please don’t do that anymore. There won’t be any outcome. There’s nothing that me and Jimin can talk about. There will always be an awkward silence whenever I walk her home. We don’t text or call each other either.”

“But, she’s my best friend and… she likes you. I have to help her, no?” I uttered.

“You did your best. It’s my heart that doesn’t appreciate it. Don’t do that ever again, please?” He pleaded.

“Alright, I’ll just let things go naturally.” I answered.

We chatted for a while more and headed home since it was getting late.

From: Minhyuk
So, how was your date, my best friend?”

From: Me
Better than what I expected. We went for a movie, to the arcade and dinner. Hehe.

From: Minhyuk
Good for you. Are you coming over tomorrow?

From: Me
Miss me already? But wait, why am I always the one going over to your house?!

From: Minhyuk
Yeah. HA. Forget it then. Goodnight.

From: Me
Ya, forget it? What do you mean? REPLY BEFORE YOU SLEEP!!!

I waited for a reply but to no avail.

“Knew it. I’ll never get a reply. He’s always like that. But he’s weird today. His replied are kinda cold.. Ah, molla. Shall just find him after I wake up tomorrow, but who knows what time I will wake up, hehe,” I said to myself.